Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An idea for PvE only gear

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 05, 2012
Greetings professors and wizards of all ages.

I have had this idea for some time now, and I am only now putting it down in pixels.

It ties in with another idea I have that will be in another post. Watch for my new world idea.

~^v~^v~^v~^v~^v

I would really like to see slotted gear, with the ability to enhance it with magic stones.

Let me try to explain what I mean for those that don't have a clue what I'm talking about...
-Purchase a base gear from a shop
--One, two and three slot gear from in-game shop
--four and five slot gear from the crown shop
-Farm fragment (common), flawed (rare) and chipped (ultra rare) stones in a zone/world, or purchase chipped, cloudy, normal, and perfect stones from the crown shop
-A special shop/gear-smith will set the stone into the gear...for an amount of gold, of course.

There could be three sizes to each stone. Each raises the attribute for the stone used by this much:
(low end for fragment stones, high end for perfect stones)
Small: 5-25%
Medium: 25-60%
Large: 55-90%

Besides the obvious class damage (d.o.t.?) and opposing class protection, here is an idea for the enhancements the stones could add to gear.

-Fire ("it moves like a wild fire" )
>weapon
--two attacks per round?
>Armour
--faster travel speed

-Storm (Something about the electrical charge messing with the nature of magic...?)
>weapon
--opponent spell cost raise
>Armour
--self spell cost reduction

-Ice (they slip on the ice...?)
>weapon
--opponent fizzle rate up
>Armour
--damage reduction

-Death
>weapon
--Minus 90% to opponent's next heal.
>Armour
--damage rebound (a bit of damage bounces back to the caster)

-Life
>weapon
--Faster life/mana regeneration speed
>Armour
--life/mana regenerate in battle

-Myth
>weapon
--steal minion/henchman for remainder of battle
>Armour
--Immune to henchman/Minion attacks

-Balance
>weapon
--Swap life and mana points with target
--make your own and your target's health and mana equal. (essentially stealing points from the opponent, or giving part of your points to the target)
>Armour
--swap your own mana and life points.

-Sun (put a light on the opponent so you can see them better?)
>weapon
--Miss a random turn (Blinded by the sun?)
>Armour
--self fizzle rate down

-Moon (think reflection, like the sun does to the moon)
>weapon
--view opponent's next move for three rounds (or show all moves to everyone in the battle for three rounds)
>Armour
--deflect the next three damage spells

-Star (searching the stars for lost souls?)
>Armour
--retrieve any card previously used in the current battle. Including treasure cards (treasure cards retrieved in this way would not remain after battle.)
>Weapon
--Steal a random card from the opponent's deck. (This can either be permanently your card, or it is gone at the end of the battle

~^v~^v~^v~^v~^v

There are other factors to consider. Such as the gear type the stone is attached to; in or out of battle; wizard base school.

~^v~^v~^v~^v~^v

For example, I could have three slots on my hat, four on my robe, two on my boots, three on my atham and one on my wand.

In my hat, I could have a Large, Perfect Life Stone in the first slot, a Small, Fregment Ice Stone in the second slot, and a Perfect, Medium Death Stone in the third.
Please remember that these are maximum possible percents.
The Life stone could potentially give my wizard 90% death protection, and 10% life/mana regeneration in battle and 50% life/mana regeneration out of battle.
The Ice Stone could reduce all damage taken a further five to ten percent.
The death stone could rebound fifty to sixty percent of the damage I receive back to the caster.

I'm not going to do the rest of the gear. You readers should be able to see what I mean by now.

~^v~^v~^v~^v~^v

There is also the potential of collecting a certain amount of a lower stone - 99 fragments - and having them merged into one stone of a higher rank.

This would give an excuse to make the Gemcutter Table something that is functional.

Maybe KI would limit the amount of slots one person can have. Can you imagine someone with twenty five (up to five slots per gear item, times five gear items) perfect, large stones of any school?

~^v~^v~^v~^v~^v

I'm sure there are things I could add, maybe something I should remove. What do the rest of you think?