Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Allow Us to Abandon Quests in Our Quest Log

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 20, 2009
So I had a few Halloween quests in one of my alt's quest logs, and now I can't complete them. Are they just stuck in my log until next year, then?

Administrator
No young Wizard, please read the Ravenwood News on the game launcher:

Hallowe'en Leftovers
Seems that the quests that were left over from Halloween did not clear out of everyone's quest journals, and a few apple barrels are still hanging around. We are aware of the problem and we are working to remove these quests & items soon. Thank you for your patience.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
May 31, 2009
i have this quest that is way to hard and i cant do it so why cant we abandon it? i would appreciate adding that

Survivor
Nov 28, 2008
how do i delete quests because they go on forever and i want to get rid of the ones that i dont want to do

Administrator
The only way to remove a quest from your quest journal, young Wizard, is to complete it.
If you are not a strong enough Wizard to complete the quest on your own, find others who are working on the same quest and ask if you can team up, or spend some time completing quests in Grizzleheim to help you up in levels.. Before you know it, you'll be strong enough to complete all the quests in your journal.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Dec 18, 2008
i know this could be the biggest thing ever but how about a cancel quest button for those side quests you don't have time to do or just didn't want in the first place. so just leave your reply down below and tell me what you think 8)

Defender
Oct 14, 2008
Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
i have so many sidetasks i never wanted that would be awesome

Survivor
Aug 22, 2008
awesome34 wrote:
i know this could be the biggest thing ever but how about a cancel quest button for those side quests you don't have time to do or just didn't want in the first place. so just leave your reply down below and tell me what you think 8)
we need a professor to look at this because this is an awesome idea

Administrator
Young Wizards,
If you want to remove a quest from your Journal, you'll simply have to complete it.
We cannot add an option to 'delete quest' because the moment we do, players will cry out about not being able to find the character that gave them the quest they just deleted.
Just finish the quests in your Journal, it's the only way to open up new ones.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 22, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
Young Wizards,
If you want to remove a quest from your Journal, you'll simply have to complete it.
We cannot add an option to 'delete quest' because the moment we do, players will cry out about not being able to find the character that gave them the quest they just deleted.
Just finish the quests in your Journal, it's the only way to open up new ones.

oh ok well thanks for answering my request Professor Greyrose

Hunter StarBlade level 19 myth

Survivor
Jul 11, 2010
Is there any way to deleat a quest without restarting, JUST deleating a quest? -- Blaze Dragonfist, level 32

The only way to remove a quest from your quest journal is to complete it.

When you're given an assignment in school, if you don't do it, you fail.
When you're given an assignment in Wizard101, you have the option to complete the assignment at any time in the future, but you must still complete it.
Just complete the assignments you are given, it is the only way you will be able to progress through the story of the Spiral.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
I think that DELETING a quest should be put in here so that we don't have to complete it if we don't want to. I would be nice to clear up some "quest log clutter" without having to do the quests we don't want to do anymore.

*sigh* I hate to repeat myself, but we've stated over and over again, that you cannot delete a quest.

There's a very good reason to NOT have a Delete Quest button. As soon as we add a Delete Quest button, players will delete quests rather than finish them, and we will be flooded with customer support tickets stating "I deleted a quest, how do I get it back?"

Just complete the assignments you are given, it is the only way you will be able to progress through the story of the Spiral, and you may be missing out on quests that reward you with new spells or rare items.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Adherent
May 20, 2010
The other possibility is a "hide quest" feature, but some players would accidentally click on that and then send in tickets to Support asking where their quest(s) went.

Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
... and just learn to ignore the side quests that you don't want to do.

It's really not that hard :D

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:
*sigh* I hate to repeat myself, but we've stated over and over again, that you cannot delete a quest.

There's a very good reason to NOT have a Delete Quest button. As soon as we add a Delete Quest button, players will delete quests rather than finish them, and we will be flooded with customer support tickets stating "I deleted a quest, how do I get it back?"

Just complete the assignments you are given, it is the only way you will be able to progress through the story of the Spiral, and you may be missing out on quests that reward you with new spells or rare items.

Interesting... I never thought of it like that. However, it depends what the quest deleter does right? I mean, couldn't you get the quest back by talking to the quest givers? or are you referring to those who aren't aware that they can do that?

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Or, SHOCK, actually complete their sidequests! I mean, it's not like they give you all of the experience you need to level up enough to not get beaten to a pulp the moment you set foot in an area...

Survivor
Jul 11, 2010
Prospector Zeke wrote:

What if it's a crafting quest, can't you at least put a delete quest button on the crafting quest pages?

Survivor
May 30, 2009
I really want you guys to add a Delete Quest button because it is annoying for me to have quests that I don't want to finish. I have the All is Revealed quest and I am waiting for you guys to add a Delete Quest button so I don't have to worry about having to finish my quest. That is why I want you guys to add a Delete Quest button.

Amber RubyHeart
Level 48
Master Pyromancer

hattiemeow2000 wrote:
I really want you guys to add a Delete Quest button because it is annoying for me to have quests that I don't want to finish. I have the All is Revealed quest and I am waiting for you guys to add a Delete Quest button so I don't have to worry about having to finish my quest. That is why I want you guys to add a Delete Quest button.

Amber RubyHeart
Level 48
Master Pyromancer

Please read the thread before you post.
This has been answered.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
I Strongly suggest that you put a "Delete This Quest" Button in your Quest log. I just hate when I get a quest and figure out sooner or later that It is such a hard quest and have to wait a week to do it. Now some reasons why it is a good thing to add

1.) Delete a quest you Accidentally accepted (Such as rushing to see what the quest is and the goal, but click too fast and press "Accept")

2.) People have more control over their gameplay experience

3.) If people do a crafting quest and figure out how hard it is, they may delete it at will.

(Example:) In celestia, I took a side quest that required crafting. (Note: I am an apprentice crafter.) It required me to make a Tea Set from Grizzleheim and it was Adept Crafters Only!!! And freaked out. I really wish I could get rid of it, then when I am ready, I get to do it over again.

Problems that I have answers for:

1.) Delete a quest "Accidentally" and in the middle of it
(Stop complaining, you can do it over, no big deal! Also, it IS your fault you clicked Delete, anyways)

2.) Delete a side quest that you need to do again for maybe a school quest.
(See 1's answer)

3.) Can't find a storyline quest you deleted
(You will eventually find it if you keep looking, won't you? If not, ask a friend.)

:D I hope you Wizard101 players agree with me. :D
Put in your comments about this Delete option below!

Administrator
Goodness please don't make Prospector Zeke repeat himself!

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/27843.ftl#150791

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
I dont know if anyone else has been frustrated by this but I hate not being able to remove quests. I mean whenever I try to take all the quests I see my quest section always gets to big for me to handle. Sometimes I get quests I feel i am not yet ready to handle also so I wish I could remove them and could come back for them later. Tell me if any of you guys feel this way too

Tiffany pixigem