Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Allow Friend Requests from Open Chat Players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
I think it would be nice to have an option to allow friend requests only from other players who have open chat.

IMO, using the menu chat is a pain in the neck, especially while in a battle. Sorting through all the menu levels trying to find what you're wanting to say is time consuming, and just plain hard.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I will do a problem-solution about this right now just to show you why this update may not be needed.

Problem: You have so many friend requests from menu chat people! it seems so depressing just to use menu chat to speak with them! Oh, how could it get much worse?

Solution: most menu chat people hang in wizard city or krokotopia. stay outside those worlds. if you already have menu chat people as friends, you may want to consider deleting them as they arent as much fun as an actual open chat person. and what about those friend-request spamming people? deny it twice or three times. if they try to send you any more requests, they will be told to wait half an hour before asking you again.

Hunter Hunter: Master of Storm

Administrator
The chat status of a player is indicated on the Friend Request screen. If they are menu chat, that symbol (along with their school symbol) appears beside their name when they send you a Friend Request.

community@wizard101.com
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
The chat status of a player is indicated on the Friend Request screen. If they are menu chat, that symbol (along with their school symbol) appears beside their name when they send you a Friend Request.

I think, what they mean, is an option to not allow friend requests from chat menu players, while allowing friend requests from open chat players...

Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
darthjt wrote:

I think, what they mean, is an option to not allow friend requests from chat menu players, while allowing friend requests from open chat players...

Exactly!!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Let's take that a little farther. It would be nice to have a number of enhancements for the friend/chat system:

Allowing friend requests from people that are your age and older only would also be good.

Only allow friend requests from (more than one can be selected):
people with menu chat
people with text chat
people with open chat
people without menu chat
people without open chat
people without text chat
people who have unlocked the same worlds/areas as you have (which prevents people who don't have those worlds from friending you at the last second in places like the world gate, the storm temple portal, and so on, just so they can port to them)
with the default being allow request from all

Indications on the friends list that show which friends are hurt, which are in no port areas, which are doing something like playing mini games, or training pets, and so on

Explorer
Jan 17, 2010
Firewalkur wrote:
I think it would be nice to have an option to allow friend requests only from other players who have open chat.

IMO, using the menu chat is a pain in the neck, especially while in a battle. Sorting through all the menu levels trying to find what you're wanting to say is time consuming, and just plain hard.
I like this idea but know it would fall under standards of Discrimination

I admit that I normally only will add ppl that are open chat 'BUT' I do have a standard i live by....first off i wouldnt accept any request just cause you ask weather out of the blue decided you would add me or ask me in general.

Asking me in general must have its own basis. If you dont like friend invites just turn it off....You can always turn it on in that case where you want to become friends with them.

Do you really want to start a War in W101. Decrimination(though i know i can be) is classified as wrong. KI could add it but it would be pretty Discriminating considering as they say:

They try to keep it as much of a kids game as possible though it is well known such players as 'myself' do exist in this very fun game. If they added that it would highly conflict considering Open Chat is considered a 18 or older users are the only ones suppose to truly have it.

Guess thats all......but yeah.....you have the right to deny friendship....if only open ppl could send you add.....i would consider that just wrong.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
thing is you need to the courtesy of asking if you can add someone first.
anything else may be considered rude
and make people not want you as a friend.

and if some one says No then accept it as a No.
do not repeatedly ask
by throwing that ding dang request box up
in the middle of the screen.
and please do not request during a battle.

its that simple. its just social manners
that parents need to get the kids to use.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
BLSKis1 wrote:
Firewalkur wrote:

I like this idea but know it would fall under standards of Discrimination

I admit that I normally only will add ppl that are open chat 'BUT' I do have a standard i live by....first off i wouldnt accept any request just cause you ask weather out of the blue decided you would add me or ask me in general.

Asking me in general must have its own basis. If you dont like friend invites just turn it off....You can always turn it on in that case where you want to become friends with them.

Do you really want to start a War in W101. Decrimination(though i know i can be) is classified as wrong. KI could add it but it would be pretty Discriminating considering as they say:

They try to keep it as much of a kids game as possible though it is well known such players as 'myself' do exist in this very fun game. If they added that it would highly conflict considering Open Chat is considered a 18 or older users are the only ones suppose to truly have it.

Guess thats all......but yeah.....you have the right to deny friendship....if only open ppl could send you add.....i would consider that just wrong.

I don't see how this could be considered discrimination to have this option.
If this were true, my having the option (or KI giving me the option) to say "NO" to anyone asking to be my friend could be considered discrimination also.