Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

all hit life spell

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 25, 2015
415
I would love to see another all hit life spell because forest lord is the only one its a good spell but will it be good enough in the next few level caps

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
945
Agreed. And for everyone saying things like "Life isn't meant to solo" or "But then Life will be just like the other schools," get this in your heads: not everyone has a team to play with and you should respect that. Go find a team isn't a solution either; some people just prefer to solo (myself included) and should be given the tools to do so. And one spell isn't enough to take away a school's uniqueness.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2251
lewski on Mar 18, 2015 wrote:
Agreed. And for everyone saying things like "Life isn't meant to solo" or "But then Life will be just like the other schools," get this in your heads: not everyone has a team to play with and you should respect that. Go find a team isn't a solution either; some people just prefer to solo (myself included) and should be given the tools to do so. And one spell isn't enough to take away a school's uniqueness.
I think the "then life would be like every other school" argument is total junk. If that's how they feel, then why does ANY school:

other than Storm have offensive spells?
other than Ice have defensive spells?
other than Life have heals?
other than Myth have minions?
other than Fire have DoTs?

and lastly, why does balance have spells from other schools?

Come on people, let's end this junk about "just like every other school" and discuss topics on the merit of the idea, not because of antiquated views. I think the REAL reason why people don't want it, is because they'll be really angry that THEY didn't get that advantage when they played Life. They didn't get it, so why should we is a severely counterproductive train of thought and detrimental to the game.

I have agreed with life having another AoE spell, and I feel they should because the class is lacking it. it doesnt have to be overly powerful, or the end all be all attack spell, but it would be really useful for life to get another one that doesnt require 10 pips to do. Again i will raise the question, what is wrong with giving life the Potboiler spell, which is 4 pips, when the other schools get their 4 pip AoE spells? It wouldn't make life a hammer, or a tank, or whatever you want to call it. It would simply give them another tool to use. As long as Life's damage is relative to the other schools, it won't break game dynamics

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1124
dayerider on Mar 18, 2015 wrote:
I think the "then life would be like every other school" argument is total junk. If that's how they feel, then why does ANY school:

other than Storm have offensive spells?
other than Ice have defensive spells?
other than Life have heals?
other than Myth have minions?
other than Fire have DoTs?

and lastly, why does balance have spells from other schools?

Come on people, let's end this junk about "just like every other school" and discuss topics on the merit of the idea, not because of antiquated views. I think the REAL reason why people don't want it, is because they'll be really angry that THEY didn't get that advantage when they played Life. They didn't get it, so why should we is a severely counterproductive train of thought and detrimental to the game.

I have agreed with life having another AoE spell, and I feel they should because the class is lacking it. it doesnt have to be overly powerful, or the end all be all attack spell, but it would be really useful for life to get another one that doesnt require 10 pips to do. Again i will raise the question, what is wrong with giving life the Potboiler spell, which is 4 pips, when the other schools get their 4 pip AoE spells? It wouldn't make life a hammer, or a tank, or whatever you want to call it. It would simply give them another tool to use. As long as Life's damage is relative to the other schools, it won't break game dynamics
I play a nearly maxed-out life wizard. I've soloed a large portion of the game having only Forest Lord as an attack-all spell and: yes, I've always thought it would be nice for Life to have a 4-pip AoE (Potboiler is a great example) but we didn't, so I lived with it. And frankly, I never considered it to be a handicap. Forest Lord is a decent spell. Not great because of the pip demands. It can be very powerful but it's never been my style to depend on it. And if KI were to release a small-scale Life AoE tomorrow it's laughable to think that anyone would be angry because they had to play Life without one.
You ask the "why does" questions regarding the strengths of the other schools and in doing so you pretty much debunk the "life would be like every other school is total junk" argument. That's exactly the point! Storm is mostly offensive, Ice is mostly defensive, and right on down the line. The key word there is "mostly". Each school has it's strengths and weaknesses and you can debate it until you're blue in the face but the fact remains that the more equal the spell selections are the more similar the schools become. The solo/team argument is valid in that not everyone has, or wants, a team to quest with but with few exceptions you're not going to find very many players of any school that have completely soloed the game. I'm not saying it can't be done but my hat is off to anyone who can make that claim.
I'm really not trying to be confrontational but I don't think any of these opinions, on either side, are antiquated, severely counterproductive or detrimental to the game. GAME. Summed up it's a game and it's one that I play on a regular basis because it is unique in it's variety, and that's why I keep playing it.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
nick the wiz on Mar 18, 2015 wrote:
I would love to see another all hit life spell because forest lord is the only one its a good spell but will it be good enough in the next few level caps
Forest Lord is plenty strong, a lot stronger than Myth having to deal with Frog.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2251
TucsonWizard on Mar 18, 2015 wrote:
I play a nearly maxed-out life wizard. I've soloed a large portion of the game having only Forest Lord as an attack-all spell and: yes, I've always thought it would be nice for Life to have a 4-pip AoE (Potboiler is a great example) but we didn't, so I lived with it. And frankly, I never considered it to be a handicap. Forest Lord is a decent spell. Not great because of the pip demands. It can be very powerful but it's never been my style to depend on it. And if KI were to release a small-scale Life AoE tomorrow it's laughable to think that anyone would be angry because they had to play Life without one.
You ask the "why does" questions regarding the strengths of the other schools and in doing so you pretty much debunk the "life would be like every other school is total junk" argument. That's exactly the point! Storm is mostly offensive, Ice is mostly defensive, and right on down the line. The key word there is "mostly". Each school has it's strengths and weaknesses and you can debate it until you're blue in the face but the fact remains that the more equal the spell selections are the more similar the schools become. The solo/team argument is valid in that not everyone has, or wants, a team to quest with but with few exceptions you're not going to find very many players of any school that have completely soloed the game. I'm not saying it can't be done but my hat is off to anyone who can make that claim.
I'm really not trying to be confrontational but I don't think any of these opinions, on either side, are antiquated, severely counterproductive or detrimental to the game. GAME. Summed up it's a game and it's one that I play on a regular basis because it is unique in it's variety, and that's why I keep playing it.
Well, nobody has ever come out and SAID that they would be upset because they didnt get one, and they never will, it was a theory.

As for the "like other schools" but the thing is, why make an example out of life? They have to wait longer for their AoE and it costs more than most of them. As for ice being MOSTLY defensive, true, but even ice has more AoE spells than life does, and Blizzard they get at 26. it could be argued that they dont need an AoE spell that early either because they're a MOSTLY (as we both agree) defensive school. KI doesnt have a uniform belief on much of the game when it comes to spells. yes, each school has its strength and weaknesses, and you have to learn to play the game according to the rules of the class, but I, and others, don't feel it would hurt to give life an earlier AoE and THAT is the point of this thread.

What I consider antiquated is the belief that these schools are what they started out as. They have ALL evolved, yet many times, the argument is that Life is a healer class and so doesnt need an earlier AoE. you've seen the argument, I have, we ALL have. That's the stereotype Im talking about. if we extend the stereotype out, then you have my arguments for the schools in the previous post. THAT is what Im talking about. "No, you cant have it because you dont need it, because all you do is heal" type of stuff. Even if they make it a crafted/loremaster option, and not a school taught spell, people will still complain that life doesnt deserve/need an earlier AoE spell. clearly, there is a desire for it. Is there a NEED? That can be debated till the cows come home. however, ideas NEVER get implemented into the game if people don't talk about it, and the more there is talk, the higher likelihood it is that ideas will get implemented.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
415
lewski on Mar 18, 2015 wrote:
Agreed. And for everyone saying things like "Life isn't meant to solo" or "But then Life will be just like the other schools," get this in your heads: not everyone has a team to play with and you should respect that. Go find a team isn't a solution either; some people just prefer to solo (myself included) and should be given the tools to do so. And one spell isn't enough to take away a school's uniqueness.
thank you every battle i went in with made me heal and said I'm not strong enough to attack and my damage was 70 something and I solo too if I can beat the boss if i can't no big deal just find me a team

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4952
lewski on Mar 18, 2015 wrote:
Agreed. And for everyone saying things like "Life isn't meant to solo" or "But then Life will be just like the other schools," get this in your heads: not everyone has a team to play with and you should respect that. Go find a team isn't a solution either; some people just prefer to solo (myself included) and should be given the tools to do so. And one spell isn't enough to take away a school's uniqueness.
Amen to everything you said! I solo too, mostly out of choice, but also because no one is ever around to help and the team up thing is a waste. I have a level 73 Life wizard who is very powerful and has never been just a healer. Ever.

Survivor
May 21, 2010
7
I agree. I think life should have more Hit all Spells. I believe that incoming worlds are going to be harder and Forest Lord is not going to do the trick.

Message:Get your darkmoor gear on for the new world

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
415
RavenLady777 on Mar 19, 2015 wrote:
Amen to everything you said! I solo too, mostly out of choice, but also because no one is ever around to help and the team up thing is a waste. I have a level 73 Life wizard who is very powerful and has never been just a healer. Ever.
yea when or if I do mirror lake or water works people always consider me the healer cause i'm life and my attacks sometimes are stronger then theirs

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3175
i have a transcendent life wizard at the start of avalon. prior to level 58, i stuffed her sideboard full of forest lord cub (6-pip version) treasure cards and used those.

that said, i would love to see life get a 5-pip craftable aoe (like deer knight) for life. i'm more than willing to put in the effort, as i'm sure others would be as well.

-von

exalted
trans
grand
magus

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
1
I believe life should have an all hit spell. Storm has Storm Lord, Tempest, and Sirens. Fire has Meteor Strike, and Dragon. Balance Ra. Death Deer Knight and scarecrow, and that weird level 100 spell. Myth has earthquake and humongo frog. and ice has ice giant and blizzard and angel knight thing. Think about it. These are all really powerful spells. and what does life have. Nothing except forest lot. If they want to solo they have no attacks. just really powerful heals. Forest lord does a base of 540-620. Everythinng else is at around 600-900 damage. The only thing around dorset lord is meteor strike, humongo frog, and a few others. Forest lord is literally a level 40 spell that takes up 8 pips

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2251
Dr Von on Mar 21, 2015 wrote:
i have a transcendent life wizard at the start of avalon. prior to level 58, i stuffed her sideboard full of forest lord cub (6-pip version) treasure cards and used those.

that said, i would love to see life get a 5-pip craftable aoe (like deer knight) for life. i'm more than willing to put in the effort, as i'm sure others would be as well.

-von

exalted
trans
grand
magus
I'm definately one of those who would. I've crafted Brimstone Revenant, Deer Knight, and Goat monk; for completionist's sake. I would have ZERO problem putting in the time to get the TC's and reagents; especially if it was the same type of recipes as all the other crafted spells.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2251
lewski on Mar 18, 2015 wrote:
Agreed. And for everyone saying things like "Life isn't meant to solo" or "But then Life will be just like the other schools," get this in your heads: not everyone has a team to play with and you should respect that. Go find a team isn't a solution either; some people just prefer to solo (myself included) and should be given the tools to do so. And one spell isn't enough to take away a school's uniqueness.
Let's not forget either, that in the test realm, they just put out 2 variations of Forest Lord; Death Lord and Fire Lord (regardless of title). What about all the efreets? treants? zillas? banshees? snakes? firecat type spells? No, this game is loaded with soo many single spell variations that it is no longer "original" unto itself. Dont get me wrong, there are some SWEET spells out there, and no, not all of them are duplicates/variations, but there's enough to make the argument that if there's duplications between spells, why set a few schools apart on the types of spells they can learn and when?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3175
dayerider on Mar 23, 2015 wrote:
I'm definately one of those who would. I've crafted Brimstone Revenant, Deer Knight, and Goat monk; for completionist's sake. I would have ZERO problem putting in the time to get the TC's and reagents; especially if it was the same type of recipes as all the other crafted spells.
i crafted savage paw and loremaster for my balance, plus deer knight for my death wizard. might eventually do krampus for my noob fire as well, if that becomes a thing. if the spell is worth it, i will put the time and effort into crafting it.

(sure, farming is annoying~ it took me forever to get the amber i needed for lore, but it was worth it.)

to everyone saying 'no, life doesn't need another aoe', see below:

storm: temp, sirens, lord, glowbug squall
ice: blizzard, frost giant, snow angel
fire: meteor, scald, dragon
balance: sandstorm, nova, ra
death: deer knight, crow, call of k.
myth: frog, earthquake, mystic colossus.

i'm actually kind of disappointed that the shadow spell for life was not an attack-all. i hope that a crafted one is made available in future.

-von

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2251
Dr Von on Mar 27, 2015 wrote:
i crafted savage paw and loremaster for my balance, plus deer knight for my death wizard. might eventually do krampus for my noob fire as well, if that becomes a thing. if the spell is worth it, i will put the time and effort into crafting it.

(sure, farming is annoying~ it took me forever to get the amber i needed for lore, but it was worth it.)

to everyone saying 'no, life doesn't need another aoe', see below:

storm: temp, sirens, lord, glowbug squall
ice: blizzard, frost giant, snow angel
fire: meteor, scald, dragon
balance: sandstorm, nova, ra
death: deer knight, crow, call of k.
myth: frog, earthquake, mystic colossus.

i'm actually kind of disappointed that the shadow spell for life was not an attack-all. i hope that a crafted one is made available in future.

-von
Yeah, it SHOULD have been an AoE. MANY people have stated their disappointment that it wasnt. And the new dropped spell in test realm is ALSO a single target spell (if the guide I have seen is accurate)

Survivor
Feb 15, 2011
36
As much as I love Forest lord i must agree that life needs low pip AOE. It will make it a lot easier to farm low level instances like Loremaster's chamber and so on. And some people need to learn that life is not useless and weak because believe me, I've met people who hate life and think it's useless.