Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Alice in Wonderland World - PVE Stacks

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I think an evil Alice in Wonderland through the Looking Glass type world would be really fun an a great way to add something really different into the game, the stacking of game opponents.

The idea is simple, to create a world with stacked opponents so that when one is defeated another takes its place until all the parts/replacments are gone.

If you go up against a playing card and defeat it, it falls down or flys away and then you have to deal with the playing card behind it, and behind that too depending on how many are there. If you go up against a mirror with mirror inside mirror immages everytime you defeat the mirror one image inside image tunnelling effect vanishes. If you go up against a crystal type creature the creature can shatter and then reform its shards into another transformation (kind of like an ice world). If you go up against pygmies or gnomes, they could be like a totem pole, very tall as they sit ontop of each other and when one gets defeated the one top vanishes away. Crystal bosses could call out entirely different new sets of minions each time they are defeated until they are finally defeated (the minion sets can have different tricks and immunities). A obese opponent could become more and more slender.

By making it so when you defeat something another takes its place players can no longer one hit kill everything all at once and simply walk through everything. Not only can game opponents add one in number based upon if a player plays with another person or not, but the stack can also increase in number.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Interesting. It would have to be more of a reference to Alice in Wonderland to pass as a world, though. I like the new Combat Mechanics idea, but tell me: Would this be a high level side world? Because I think that is what it would do best as.

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
Not that i am against the idea, but KI would get a lot of complaints about this. I am not for or against this idea at the moment, but think that it would cause an uproar among the player base. Maybe this idea could be tweaked

Sean Fireblood lvl 70 Fire

See you in the spiral!

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Perhaps a side world or a place like water works just to test how it plays. The stacking idea may make things more challenging and a bit more interesting and fun but it would also make fights last longer so would need to be tested before implimented into anything world size. On the forums I see a lot of people complain that they blow through new worlds in a couple weeks, with stacking they likely couldn't blow through things near as fast giving people more to do until Wizard101 comes out with the next new material. People also complained that they haven't seen anything new in game mechanics that adds much to the game, stacking would be something new and fresh, but because its new and fresh it needs testing.