Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Alchemy

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
We already have crafting why not put the reagents to further use with Alchemy? Alchemy would be used to craft elixirs for different purposes like some in the crown shop or even new elixirs to boost your natural abilities at the beginning of the game starting at Level 5. The first quest could be to craft a School Serum (Fire, Ice, Storm, Myth, Life, Death, Balance) to enhance your abilities for damage, resistance, accuracy, or maybe even all 3. Though these elixir recipes could cost about 5,000-10,000+ gold and in my idea to make things fair, have a cooldown time before you can take the elixir about 10-20 minutes I think this could be a great new hobby to the Spiral. What do you think about this??
Also I have Badges ideas!
Brewing Beginner: Make your first elixir
Novice Alchemist: Finish the first alchemy quest.
Lab Rat: Create 10 elixirs

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
Good idea, but you should have to use the craftable stuff like Stones to make it balanced not just all gold.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2011
Lots of people have noticed that Alchemy bit, but nothing has been done just yet. I'm with you though, it seems like a pretty cool way to expand the game.

I could see it being useful as an add-on to duels. I envision buying a special card deck with added slots for reagent cards (in addition to spell cards). If you don't want to play a spell card, you can pull up your reagents and combine them to create an attack, a heal, a temporary stat boost, or even a minion. The possibilities are many.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Megan Frostflame on Oct 15, 2014 wrote:
We already have crafting why not put the reagents to further use with Alchemy? Alchemy would be used to craft elixirs for different purposes like some in the crown shop or even new elixirs to boost your natural abilities at the beginning of the game starting at Level 5. The first quest could be to craft a School Serum (Fire, Ice, Storm, Myth, Life, Death, Balance) to enhance your abilities for damage, resistance, accuracy, or maybe even all 3. Though these elixir recipes could cost about 5,000-10,000+ gold and in my idea to make things fair, have a cooldown time before you can take the elixir about 10-20 minutes I think this could be a great new hobby to the Spiral. What do you think about this??
Also I have Badges ideas!
Brewing Beginner: Make your first elixir
Novice Alchemist: Finish the first alchemy quest.
Lab Rat: Create 10 elixirs
I like this idea but I'm not too sure KI would be crazy about it if there's any chance it would cut into their Crown sales. There are already elixers available through the Arena Ticket system that provide short term enhance damage, accuracy etc. so that might be a problem as well.
I'm all in on the badge ideas. More badges = good!

Some other potential Badge Names (?? requirements)
Taste Tester
Brewmeister
Keg Tapper
Cork Popper
Spiritologist