Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

AI spell casting

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
The casting for the AI needs to be fixed. It is so annoying when my minion or henchman casts something that is not necessary or completely unusable. examples:

Balance minion casts Power Play when I already have 7 pips/power pips. Nothing happens except he loses three pips.

Ice Henchman casts Ice Blade on me when I am not an Ice wizard and have no Ice cards in my deck.

Balance minion casts Elemental Trap on a monster when I don't even have a spell in my hand that can make use of it.

These are completely wasted turns that don't help me in battle at all. The same goes for monsters too.

A Life monster casts Life Blade on the Death monster next to it. The Death monster is not going to use it so a turn was just wasted that would actually make things more challenging for me.

Same thing with defenses. A monster casts Storm Shield on itself when no one in the duel is in the storm school.

I suggest having the computer make checks on these sort of things.

For minions and henchmen, they should know what you have in your hand and all of the hands of people on your side of the duel. This would just be as if it were two real people communicating with eachother. Then they don't cast useless spells either for attack or defense.

For monsters, they should check what school you are in. If you aren't in the storm school, then they shouldn't cast storm shield since it is less likely that it will be needed. They should also check the school that their fellow monsters are in. That way the life monster doesn't cast Life Blade on the death monster.

This would make minions and henchmen a bit more useful and make monsters a bit more of a challenge.

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
The monsters can easily be changed but henchmen and minions not so much. that is a lot of server side requests and especially when someone new joins the group. I do not know what all Wizard101 can achieve but this would be something that would drastically decrease server performance across the board. I do feel the AI does need some tweaking and I hope they're able to make this happen.

Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
The balance minion is also casting the spell to give himself pips...so that he goes from 3 pips down to 2 pips!