Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Advanced pet stat boosts

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
I was thinking about this for a long time. Why do advanced pets give us permanent boosts? So long as they are equipped they can provide boosts to our resistance, health, etc? Is this to imply that every time I am attacked I am using my pet as extra padding from damage? That sounds...cruel. But when I picture myself ducking at last second under my sea dragon to block some damage from an incoming meteor I really do laugh.

No, seriously though, why should these pets boost our resistance, attack power and health? It isn't as if we are "wearing" the pets. It just seems wrong that they can do these things to our stats and has been the source of multiple people stacking resist or attack boosts for more than 10% of what their actual gear would allow. Isn't it, despite that the player works for it, a kind of exploitation on a given wizards abilities, pushing them to a certain extreme?

I say, instead of these specific talents, let's replace them with more may cast spells but increase the frequency of some of them.

Why not a "may cast -70 universal shield, or "may cast +30 blade, or -30 weakness? In this way, the pet is being active and is still helping to defend or be an offensive ally to you, but it is not sitting as passive gear providing permanent battle boosts. It just seems more appropriate for the pets. And I'm sure my sea dragon would appreciate me not throwing it in front of an efreet attack.

Certain may cast spells I would love to see:
Black mantle -50
-30 weakness
-70 universal shield

Now, they should be as active as spritely but should only activate when a certain action is taken. If one uses a positive ward on themself, let the pet have a chance of activating the dragon blade spell for example.