Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Advanced pet pavilion

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 15, 2009
okay so in the most recent times I have been finding myself hatching pet egg after pet egg looking for specific talents, combing over realm after realm to find people with the talents I desire and trying to set up a hatch so I can get what I need and make my own wizard stronger, but I find myself feeling increasingly frustrated with how ridiculous it is just to train a pet with what we have now.

So I think a good many of us could agree that the Pet Pavilion needs an upgrade or rather the games do as well as the vendors and recipes.

first off we need to have better games. Early on what we have now is fine, it's a nice consistent pace of growth for our pets that ensures that we can have at least an adult stage pet in a relatively short amount of time, but from ancient to mega not only do these games get extremely tedious, but the exp rate is downright atrocious especially when you get to epic and mega which require at minimum 2000 experience just to reach that level and unless you are filthy rich and can spend thousands upon thousands of crowns on mega snacks, or have the luck of a Jedi and manage to get a couple dozen mega snacks from the waterworks, chances are it's going to take you weeks or even months to obtain a mega level pet.

What we need is a scaling rate of experience for these old games to even out the amount of pet energy cost and the current growth stage of the pet you are training. This would shorten the amount of time it takes by a pretty fair amount and keep players from having to grind for months on end for an epic or mega that has all the talents they desire or spending unholy amounts of money for something that may not even pan out.

I think in order to effectively curb this unneeded excess of time waste is to set the scaling at this.

from baby to teen- 4exp at perfect

from teen to adult- 4exp at perfect

from adult to ancient- 6exp at perfect

from ancient to epic- 8exp at perfect

from epic to mega- 8exp at perfect

I've been doing some research based on my own time and effort spent raising pets and thought this would be one of the best rates to work with since it gives a nice boost without overly undermining the effort it takes to raise a pet to mega.

on average I could see that a majority of all pet snacks used to advance from baby to epic or mega is usually rank 6 or 7 snacks with the rare rank 8 or 9. on average this gives anywhere between 7-9 exp per snack at rank 6 or 7 or more depending on if the pet loves it. based on a pet who gets 6 exp from ancient to epic that was even out to approximately 13-15+exp per round which cuts down the amount of time by a great amount, but still averages out to at least 2 to 3 weeks if you are consistently training your pet daily. this of course is shorter if you buy energy or mega snacks, but the average players mainly lets the energy recharge overtime so it's the most accurate timeframe.

do you see how this would benefit all the players looking for that perfect pet?

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Samuel Wolfe on Apr 15, 2014 wrote:
okay so in the most recent times I have been finding myself hatching pet egg after pet egg looking for specific talents, combing over realm after realm to find people with the talents I desire and trying to set up a hatch so I can get what I need and make my own wizard stronger, but I find myself feeling increasingly frustrated with how ridiculous it is just to train a pet with what we have now.

So I think a good many of us could agree that the Pet Pavilion needs an upgrade or rather the games do as well as the vendors and recipes.

first off we need to have better games. Early on what we have now is fine, it's a nice consistent pace of growth for our pets that ensures that we can have at least an adult stage pet in a relatively short amount of time, but from ancient to mega not only do these games get extremely tedious, but the exp rate is downright atrocious especially when you get to epic and mega which require at minimum 2000 experience just to reach that level and unless you are filthy rich and can spend thousands upon thousands of crowns on mega snacks, or have the luck of a Jedi and manage to get a couple dozen mega snacks from the waterworks, chances are it's going to take you weeks or even months to obtain a mega level pet.

What we need is a scaling rate of experience for these old games to even out the amount of pet energy cost and the current growth stage of the pet you are training. This would shorten the amount of time it takes by a pretty fair amount and keep players from having to grind for months on end for an epic or mega that has all the talents they desire or spending unholy amounts of money for something that may not even pan out.

I think in order to effectively curb this unneeded excess of time waste is to set the scaling at this.

from baby to teen- 4exp at perfect

from teen to adult- 4exp at perfect

from adult to ancient- 6exp at perfect

from ancient to epic- 8exp at perfect

from epic to mega- 8exp at perfect

I've been doing some research based on my own time and effort spent raising pets and thought this would be one of the best rates to work with since it gives a nice boost without overly undermining the effort it takes to raise a pet to mega.

on average I could see that a majority of all pet snacks used to advance from baby to epic or mega is usually rank 6 or 7 snacks with the rare rank 8 or 9. on average this gives anywhere between 7-9 exp per snack at rank 6 or 7 or more depending on if the pet loves it. based on a pet who gets 6 exp from ancient to epic that was even out to approximately 13-15+exp per round which cuts down the amount of time by a great amount, but still averages out to at least 2 to 3 weeks if you are consistently training your pet daily. this of course is shorter if you buy energy or mega snacks, but the average players mainly lets the energy recharge overtime so it's the most accurate timeframe.

do you see how this would benefit all the players looking for that perfect pet?
you can play games offline grub guardian aztech map 3 will give you 3 points for doing nothing and you can have your turn done in 10 seconds or you can ace it for 12 points plus your snack. so 12+10 on a snack would be 22 points for one turn. however, to ace this map its going to take you around 9-14 minutes to do on 2x speed and you have to unlock this area with crowns.

Historian
May 15, 2009
masterryan1969 on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
you can play games offline grub guardian aztech map 3 will give you 3 points for doing nothing and you can have your turn done in 10 seconds or you can ace it for 12 points plus your snack. so 12+10 on a snack would be 22 points for one turn. however, to ace this map its going to take you around 9-14 minutes to do on 2x speed and you have to unlock this area with crowns.
that is the problem with grub guardian. in order to have any sort of decent exp rate for pets you need to spend a lot of crowns to unlock the higher leveled maps and even more for the more powerful towers that make it much easier for you.

many players can't afford to spend a lot of money on crowns so scaling the exp rates for the in game pet pavilion content would give everyone a decent rate of exp per game played.