Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Advanced Housing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
My friend and I, Jared Soulthief, who I actually know, were trying to get to the big blue planet at his Celestia house. After we hit a barrier, he accidently deleted the stuff, and I was stranded in space. But while I was stranded in space, we began talking and thinking about house housing could be more in depth and creative.

At first, we thought it would be fun if there were hidden areas around the house that you could build to, such as hidden rooms under the giant platforms in the Celestia house. But then we thought there might be a better way.

What if you could have a house that you could add on to? One that is creative, and can be expanded and built to your own will? Well, we thought about that and discussed it for a bit, and we came up with the idea.

Say you have a house that is like a Wintertusk town. You start with a large village plaza, and your house, and possibly a field or clearing somewhere. The plaza and clearing, would have an outside space, much like any other house. So would your house, the "Main Hall" of the town. But wouldn't you want to add to that? So, you get a housing item that is a grizzleheim smaller house, or tower of some sort. It has an entry door of it's own, and it's own interior. It would even have it's own housing space. Say it has a bottom floor, a middle floor, and a small attic. The bottom and middle floors may be a bit larger than your dorm room. So with those floors, you may be able to place seventy five to one hundred items inside. This "Addition" is entered through a door, and is like going into a house, but a seperate one from the original. Perhaps you could get a "True Frinds House Code" that allows you and a true friend to BOTH furnsih the addition!

The plaza could have room for three or four of these "Houses" maybe. But say you want to put more buildings down, or have more outdoor space? Well, then you could add a land area to the house. Land areas could possibly be added by a path out of the plaza, that previously ended, but continues when you add the land area. So maybe you add a forest clearing (To stay with the theme). It is a large outdoor clearing, in a forest surrounded space. It is entered from the now continued road from the town. It also has a path or two on the opposite side, for further addition. But this clearing would also have it's own space. And maybe you could add things like Canyons, which can have caves (Buildings technically) added to them! Or Glacier areas! Maybe Mountain tops, that have a swirling path upward! (These would not have a path to add at the top, but the summit would have space for a building). The Possibilities are endless!

But to make it fair, that this house would be a challenge and a privilage, only master or grandmaster artisan should be able to craft it. Much like the Watchtower Hall, or the Celestial Observatory. The Basic house would have a hard recipe, and the additions would have tough, but not as hard as the original house, recipes. These could be obtained from a vendor in Wintertusk, if that would be the theme, as there is no Wintertusk housing yet. Additions would also have a limit. Maybe five to ten land area additions, and maybe ten to fifteen buildings. May seem like a lot? But remember you can "Share" these houses.

I hope KingsIsle will consider this, it would make housing much more fun, creative, unique, and challenging!

I'm sorry this was so long, but I wanted to put down my ideas. If anyone has anything they may think would be cool too, or more ideas, please post them here!