Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

adult only realms

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 30, 2008
20
as an adult player i would dearly love to see an adult only realm or two. simply because you have so many children playing....and all the realms belong to them . although i have no ideas how ki would go about accomplishing this i for one would play in it as a wow lover....this is just an idea of course so if any adults would like to comment on this i welcome your comments am i the only adult who wants their own realm

Survivor
Mar 10, 2010
29
Hello i am a "teen" player and i thing that an adult only realm would be totaly useless. After all this is a "kids" game AND any player under 13 cant talk so why do you need your own realm? What is wrong with younger people playing the game with you?

Zachary Soulwraith lvl 50 necromancer


Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
9
Defender
Nov 24, 2009
128
Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
335
drthrax101 wrote:
Hello i am a "teen" player and i thing that an adult only realm would be totaly useless. After all this is a "kids" game AND any player under 13 cant talk so why do you need your own realm? What is wrong with younger people playing the game with you?

Zachary Soulwraith lvl 50 necromancer



I too also am an adult, and do not get me wrong, I love kids, I have a Niece and Nephew of my own. I think and adult realm would be perfect, do to the safety of the younglings. The internet is a strange and mysterious place. If we had an a adult realm (age pending) then I think the kids would be a lot safer on their realm. Their are a lot of weirdos out there. Pedophile's in particular would love to be on a Kids Realm.

I think KI should take action and provide even a more safe haven for the youngsters, so an adult only realm would be a absolute great idea.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
some adults don't like to play in children realms due to the fact that many adults believe that there are a lot of pedofiles who play this sort of game and in no way do the adults want to be a part of or associated with such a problem and so would rather seperate themselves away from where children play entirely... even in the message boards you read people complaining that some adults seem to be making advances towards children, the players are told that they are moderators and should report such instances... I don't see anything wrong with adult only realms, though it may weed out the nice adults from the normal realms and seem to increase the visible number of sick abusive adults in the normal realms as the nicer ones isolate themselves away together

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
49
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
854
drthrax101 wrote:
After all this is a "kids" game


Wrong. This is not a "kids" game,it is a family game. I don't disagree with your point, though I suspect the game probably has more older users than kids.

Hero
May 19, 2009
791
Defender
May 09, 2009
161
i am not an adult i'm 15 and i would dearly love for their to be something like that because almost all the low levels that port to dragonspire are little kids that know very little about the game but pretend they do.

Defender
Mar 13, 2010
153
I am so glad someone pointed out that this is a "family" game. My adult son got me interested in this game and I do like it.

However, I can't see the use of an adult realm. There are plenty of games available that are mostly upper teen and older. I played EQ for several years and found as much greed and rudeness there among adults.

With patience, you will build a good list of friends who play well and are nice to be with. One of those on my list happens to only be 15. So look what I would lose if I stayed in "adult only" zones.

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
343
First of all,I really don't like the idea. If Wizard101 had adult only realms it would make me feel like i'm playing a rated A game.Well sure it's a family game, but I think all of us should enjoy the same realms. From, Melissa Greenrunner level 39 life P.S. Whoever said kids are annoying, that was really mean of you to say. It hurt my feelings. Because i'm a kid.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
514
Let me just start by saying i am not an adult but almost a teen and I too think this is the most worst idea ever. This game was invented for KIDS! (well i guess some family too) But if you don't like all the KIDS playing on a KIDS game then to bad! KI plz don't make an adult realm plz! It is the stupidest idea ever. I think adults really shouldn't be playing anyway cause they cuss on the game, scam us kids, do bad stuff, and many more things. Anyway how could you make an adults realm cause I know a way to sneak into it if there is one.

Delver
Jun 21, 2009
247
I don't think that this topic had bad intent, but why do you want an adult world? It would just rune a positive game. I was going to say what is in an adult world, but my post got edited.

Defender
Dec 17, 2008
178
Adult only realms would be great, and it should be limited to people with open chat enabled on their accounts.

I also think that there should be a realm that only allows menu chat. It would be great for people who are only able to use menu chat because when ever I see a menu chatter, I feel as though they are left out because no one ever wants to use menu chat to talk to them.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
24
I have actually seen and heard kids use foul words on the game, not so many adults, they find a way around the filtered chat, but you know what they are saying. Yes I am an adult and I play this game with my daughter who is 14. I do like the idea of an adult only realm but kids would find a way to get into it I am sure.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
11
cealwutka wrote:
I am so glad someone pointed out that this is a "family" game. My adult son got me interested in this game and I do like it.

However, I can't see the use of an adult realm. There are plenty of games available that are mostly upper teen and older. I played EQ for several years and found as much greed and rudeness there among adults.

With patience, you will build a good list of friends who play well and are nice to be with. One of those on my list happens to only be 15. So look what I would lose if I stayed in "adult only" zones.


I Absolutely Agree With You! I think all players should just stay in one realm, you may lose some of your friends if that happens, so plz think about your friends, because YOU MAY LOSE THEM

As I said before I agree with you totally! :D

Hero
May 19, 2009
791
Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
835
I would too, there are way too many kids that come jump in my battle, and i tell them its polite to ask to join, and they start cursing me out `_`.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
1310
So, all the adults should be pushed to one side of the "room" and all the kids to the other side? What about the ADULTS like me who has both Adults and Kids as friends? If i am on adult realm with my adult friends, the kids who are on my list, and have been for over a year, can't port to me. That is one reason i disagree with an adult only realm. The other reason is having an adult only realm will just tell the scammers and predators the one place they should avoid. As it stands now, they could easily be approaching an adult that has the power and means to report them and get them banned.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
hunteray09 wrote:
Let me just start by saying i am not an adult but almost a teen and I too think this is the most worst idea ever. This game was invented for KIDS! (well i guess some family too) But if you don't like all the KIDS playing on a KIDS game then to bad! KI plz don't make an adult realm plz! It is the stupidest idea ever. I think adults really shouldn't be playing anyway cause they cuss on the game, scam us kids, do bad stuff, and many more things. Anyway how could you make an adults realm cause I know a way to sneak into it if there is one.



"I think adults really shouldn't be playing anyway cause they cuss on the game, scam us kids, do bad stuff, and many more things."

This is largely why many people are asking for adult only realms, largely to seperate such horrible adults from children, as well as to seperate adults who do not feel comfortable playing with other people's kids or influence them in any way, and it also allows those who have any sort of pedofile record to play away from realms where kids are found.

In no way is an adult only realm meant to give adults more stuff than children or to make it so children aren't allowed to play. Adult only realms are meant to protect children from adults who may otherwise prey on children, and it protects adults who never want to be accused of ever influencing other people's children.

Such realms do not prevent adults from playing wherever they want, it just allows adults to play with adults if they so choose to do so. Sure kids could sneak into it, but I think they would find the adult only realms to be a bit more boring (kind of like sitting at the adult table during Holiday Dinners).

As to not believing adults should be playing such games, lol... who do you think created and programmed the games in the first place? Not to mention that most all adults grew up playing video games and represent a very large computer gaming crowd.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
347
I am kid, and I find people who do that annoying.. actually I am quite a mature kid. If KI does make an adult relam, I would want to join it. BUT, if KI does do this, nothing will change.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
335
seasnake wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:
Let me just start by saying i am not an adult but almost a teen and I too think this is the most worst idea ever. This game was invented for KIDS! (well i guess some family too) But if you don't like all the KIDS playing on a KIDS game then to bad! KI plz don't make an adult realm plz! It is the stupidest idea ever. I think adults really shouldn't be playing anyway cause they cuss on the game, scam us kids, do bad stuff, and many more things. Anyway how could you make an adults realm cause I know a way to sneak into it if there is one.



"I think adults really shouldn't be playing anyway cause they cuss on the game, scam us kids, do bad stuff, and many more things."

This is largely why many people are asking for adult only realms, largely to seperate such horrible adults from children, as well as to seperate adults who do not feel comfortable playing with other people's kids or influence them in any way, and it also allows those who have any sort of pedofile record to play away from realms where kids are found.

In no way is an adult only realm meant to give adults more stuff than children or to make it so children aren't allowed to play. Adult only realms are meant to protect children from adults who may otherwise prey on children, and it protects adults who never want to be accused of ever influencing other people's children.

Such realms do not prevent adults from playing wherever they want, it just allows adults to play with adults if they so choose to do so. Sure kids could sneak into it, but I think they would find the adult only realms to be a bit more boring (kind of like sitting at the adult table during Holiday Dinners).

As to not believing adults should be playing such games, lol... who do you think created and programmed the games in the first place? Not to mention that most all adults grew up playing video games and represent a very large computer gaming crowd.


Agree I am gonna respond again to bump this thread. For the safety of our children, and other children, an Adult only Realm, or Realms would be the best thing that ever happened to Wizard 101 IMO.

Sure kids think that us adults should not be playing a kids game? Bare in mind a group of 8 year olds DID NOT create Wizard 101. Adults with, That "Kid at Heart " feel, are the ones who created W101. A lot game developers are required a Bachleors Degree of some sort, There is not any 8 year olds that have a Bachleors degree in computers. So, yeah, adults, designed the game in the first place.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
312
ok this is the WORST IDEA I HAVE EVER READ ON THE MESSAGE BOARDS! what if you where an adult and you kid who plays the game wanted to friend you o wait you cant your in an adult only realm you cant port to your kid cause their not your friend I: btw i try my hardest to not annoy adults











hunter legendwraith level50 necromancer







Delver
Apr 02, 2010
261
I don't like the idea of an adult-only realm, because the next request will be allowing off color language on that realm. Another headache for KI.

Already players know ways to get close to the edge, the word gaRy and the phrase 'get the flock out of here' come to mind.

On the other hand, how about a 'friends-only' realm and a 'solo' realm - For the 'friends-only' realm, you can only join a battle if you are a friend of one of the people already in the battle. For the solo realm, that is it, every battle is solo, no friend requests, you are invisible, etc. For the anti-social among us, or the ones who just want to finish something.