Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Adjusting Resistance and Pierce

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 09, 2017
This is an idea to solve the problem of high armour pierce counteracting high resistances, and people setting for one school

Firstly, cut all resistances from every piece of gear by half (or make resistance out of 200), however, base resistance cant be pierced through at all. So if you originally had 50% resistance, you will now have 25% and are guaranteed to reduce every attack you take by at least 25% regardless of opponents pierce.

Next, make armour piercing cut down a percentage of the opponents shields value. For example, if I did a -70% shield, and opponent attacks with 50% pierce, instead of my shield dropping to -20%, it drops to 50% of 70, as in -35%. If my pierce is 120% and I attack, and opponent has a -55% and -40%, the first shield (-55% one) will be destroyed and the remaining 20% pierce will go through the -40% shield, dropping it down to -32%

One other idea is to change all of the -10% school specific resistance pet talents to block rating for that school, or something equivalent. This prevents people from using 15% and 10% resistance to one school, on top of spell proof and defy. Also, all the bazaar gear that gives extremely high resistances to one specific school should be made no PvP

I hope these ideas are taken into consideration and I'd love to hear some feedback!