Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Additional Parental Controls for Kids account

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 17, 2008
Hey all,

I had an idea on parental controls and would like to bounce it off fellow Wizards for their thoughts.

Would it be possible to make any items purchased by crowns on a non-parental controlled account to be untradeable/ unsellable/undestroyable (sp) unless ok'd by the parent account?

A bit of a back story:

Awhile back I purchased 5k crowns for all of my accounts (parents and kids). I explained to my child that this was special money and to make sure they spent it wisely. I also encouraged them to make sure to check with their mom or I before they made a buy . About 20 minutes later, as we were all running around I here my kid talking about wanting a pet. I went over to her PC to show them where they could look for a pet only to discover there were no crowns left. I asked what they had purchased and they said a pet, but they didn't like it so they DELETED IT. Ugh, needless to say I was a bit upset about them making a purchase without asking but I was more upset they could delete the item, effectively just throwing crowns down the drain.

After a lengthy discussion on money management and responsibility with a lengthy ban from Wizard 101 for not following directions, they are back on and playing. They have mentioned wanting the Charity pet for Christmas, and I would love to gift it to them but it would be nice if there was a way of locking it on their character so they wouldn't get bored one day and just delete it off as kids do from time to time.

Thoughts?

*NOTE - Again my idea would be just for non-parental account Crown purchases and would be voluntary for the parent account to set up if they wish. All other ingame money and looted/bought items would be unaffected.