Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Additional Housing NPC Distribution Ideas.

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 02, 2009
I mentioned this in another thread on Wizard101 Central but I'm honestly not a fan of the housing npcs being restricted to packs only. What I would like to see is multiple ways that they can be distributed. Here are some additional ways:

1. Separate Crowns Shop tab dedicated to housing npcs. Each would have various prices depending on the kind of npc it is but costing no more then 3000 or 5000 crowns.
2. Hidden vendors in specific worlds that sell specific npcs for super high gold prices themed around that world. For example, Mirage npcs would be offered in Mirage by a Mirage stationed vendor, while Halloween npcs would be offered in Dragonspyre by a Dragonspyre stationed vendor. The gold prices would be around 20,000 to 50,000 depending on the kind of npc it is.
3. Enemy dropped. Certain NPCs would be dropped by mobs and bosses. More common npcs such as blue and green ghosts would be dropped by mobs while rarer/more elaborate npcs such as spirits/spectrals, wraiths and red ghosts would be dropped exclusively by bosses.

These are in addition to being offered in packs, so people have multiple options to get their desired npcs.

Thoughts?

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
The faction vendors in Mirage offer npc for sale which are not available through a pack.

Moira Stormheart

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
flash33 on Mar 4, 2017 wrote:
I mentioned this in another thread on Wizard101 Central but I'm honestly not a fan of the housing npcs being restricted to packs only. What I would like to see is multiple ways that they can be distributed. Here are some additional ways:

1. Separate Crowns Shop tab dedicated to housing npcs. Each would have various prices depending on the kind of npc it is but costing no more then 3000 or 5000 crowns.
2. Hidden vendors in specific worlds that sell specific npcs for super high gold prices themed around that world. For example, Mirage npcs would be offered in Mirage by a Mirage stationed vendor, while Halloween npcs would be offered in Dragonspyre by a Dragonspyre stationed vendor. The gold prices would be around 20,000 to 50,000 depending on the kind of npc it is.
3. Enemy dropped. Certain NPCs would be dropped by mobs and bosses. More common npcs such as blue and green ghosts would be dropped by mobs while rarer/more elaborate npcs such as spirits/spectrals, wraiths and red ghosts would be dropped exclusively by bosses.

These are in addition to being offered in packs, so people have multiple options to get their desired npcs.

Thoughts?
I do love the idea of more housing npcs and different means to get them.

But I think that we should not only increase the quantity of the npcs but also the quality. For example, 3000-5000 crowns for a housing npc is a bit much don't ya think, however, if it performed a certain action such as being able to sell generic goods (reagents/pet snacks/basic clothing items/dyes/rare recipes etc etc) I'd be more than happy to pay the price.
Plus KI could make a profit from making many different npcs with different actions (I'd buy them all).

Not only that but also adding in actions such as walking like with pets and mounts by using snacks to guide them would make for great housing ideas. Rather than having them stand still like statues, being able to make them move around the house or perform certain emotes would add a liveliness to the house.

Well when it comes to making more housing npcs, I'd love to see some human based ones, such as smith lookalikes you find in Wizard City, as well as npcs from Marleybone and Mooshu. They could be included in a new pack or be sold from a new shop or even just be craftable (though crafting a person is a bit too Frankenstein for me).