Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Additional Gear Vault Elixir Idea

AuthorMessage
Delver
May 12, 2012
Hello,

I've been experimenting with the improved gear vault and I am really liking it. However, I wish you could have more than 2 in your house. For wizards to have 3, you could make an additional gear vault elixir to go in the crown shop.

Tell me what you think

~ Allison Dragongem

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
But you can have 2 per house, meaning if you have 5 houses you can have 10 vaults, why would we need an elixir?

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Mythali126 on Apr 5, 2016 wrote:
Hello,

I've been experimenting with the improved gear vault and I am really liking it. However, I wish you could have more than 2 in your house. For wizards to have 3, you could make an additional gear vault elixir to go in the crown shop.

Tell me what you think

~ Allison Dragongem
I don't understand the point of having a bank, a shared bank and 2+ gear vaults, I think thats enough storage lol. As well, you can always buy another house and place another 2 gear vaults so that equates to 6 gear vaults and then you can make 5 other wizards and use their banks and craft another 6 gear vaults on each on and have a total of 72 gear vaults, 72 seed vaults, 6 banks and 1 shared bank and 6 backpacks (You honestly don't need that much storage lol). Not to mention, you can buy an additional castle elixir on each 1 to get to 10 houses but thats way too much.

Lvl 110
Lvl 78
Lvl 25

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
Adam Wintersinger on Apr 6, 2016 wrote:
I don't understand the point of having a bank, a shared bank and 2+ gear vaults, I think thats enough storage lol. As well, you can always buy another house and place another 2 gear vaults so that equates to 6 gear vaults and then you can make 5 other wizards and use their banks and craft another 6 gear vaults on each on and have a total of 72 gear vaults, 72 seed vaults, 6 banks and 1 shared bank and 6 backpacks (You honestly don't need that much storage lol). Not to mention, you can buy an additional castle elixir on each 1 to get to 10 houses but thats way too much.

Lvl 110
Lvl 78
Lvl 25
No that's not enough storage. When people buy bundle cards or card packs, not to mention drops from bosses, they end up with a collection of gear worth keeping for some reason. Could be it has good global stats, looks nice, represents a memory they don't want to part with, etc. Add in the fact that people are notorious pack rats and viola, there's the need for a lot of space.

As far as maximizing space goes, there are currently 40 different houses to pick from to own (42 if you count the Arcane bundle three times instead of two). Let's just say 40 though to keep it simple. With there being space inside and outside, that's 80 areas, plus one more to count the dorm room, so 81. So using 81 as the number of different housing areas, with one gear vault and 14 mannequins each (seven maximum each for male and female mannequins), that's 142 (100 + 14 mannequins x 3 items per mannequin) gear items right there. So 142 x 81 = 11,502 + 100 (wands in attic) + 100 (regular bank space) = 11,702 items per wizard. So, 11,702 x 6 = 70,212 gear items maximum, not including backpack, shared bank and the left over space in the 81 areas that can be used for hanging wands.

That simply isn't enough space.. Well, it is if it's only one wizard that is really being played, but more than one, we need more space. (Okay being serious, if someone was that maxed out, then 70k space should be more than sufficient. But having just a couple of gear vaults with a bank and shared bank isn't enough for a lot of players.)