Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Adding Some New Privacy Settings?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
I was thinking that Wizard101 should add a few more options to the privacy settings in the Options Tab (Esc). The reason for this is because recently I've been working very diligently on the game, and have almost finally reached level 70. But, the only problem is, once you reach a level that is a lot higher than the other players on your friends list, the friends begin to expect that you will help them with every single one of their quests (at least for me)... Don't get me wrong, I honestly don't mind helping someone with a few quests every now and then, but when I'm constantly asked by a friend for help, I begin to get frustrated and impatient with that friend, and I don't have any time at all to work on my own quests. I know I'll probably be told to just say no, but I really don't want to upset anyone on a game like this. Anyway, let me get to my actual suggestion. Perhaps you guys could put an option that would give the player a choice to turn off his/her availability, causing their name on a different friend's list to not appear and become invisible. By doing this, higher level wizards could get on with their current quests and stories without being bothered, and the wizards that constantly ask for help would learn some independence in the game. It's a win for both sides! ^_^
Stormheart Lvl 68 Diviner

Explorer
Sep 25, 2010
If you think you get bombarded with help requests at your lvl, wait until you hit 90 and finish the game. I can't go 10 minutes without someone asking me something. Although i like people asking me for help because i have nothing else to do. My pet is at mega and doesn't have any talents that i can't stand. Gardening only takes so long and doing the worlds over again on other characters gets boring the more characters you start. So at my lvl i don't mind it much but when you actually have stuff to do it can get annoying. You don't have to get rid of the friend, you just have to say that you want to work on your own quests every once in a while.

Scarlet Dragonpetal

Delver
May 04, 2009
CycloneSpirit on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
I was thinking that Wizard101 should add a few more options to the privacy settings in the Options Tab (Esc). The reason for this is because recently I've been working very diligently on the game, and have almost finally reached level 70. But, the only problem is, once you reach a level that is a lot higher than the other players on your friends list, the friends begin to expect that you will help them with every single one of their quests (at least for me)... Don't get me wrong, I honestly don't mind helping someone with a few quests every now and then, but when I'm constantly asked by a friend for help, I begin to get frustrated and impatient with that friend, and I don't have any time at all to work on my own quests. I know I'll probably be told to just say no, but I really don't want to upset anyone on a game like this. Anyway, let me get to my actual suggestion. Perhaps you guys could put an option that would give the player a choice to turn off his/her availability, causing their name on a different friend's list to not appear and become invisible. By doing this, higher level wizards could get on with their current quests and stories without being bothered, and the wizards that constantly ask for help would learn some independence in the game. It's a win for both sides! ^_^
There already is an option like this in the game. If you press "esc" to bring up options, click on one of the joysticks at the top of the screen. There is an option called "hidden from friends". You may leave that option on until you are ready to be seen in the game again.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
CycloneSpirit on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
There is an option to be hidden from friends. Use that...you can quest alone all you want. There's no need to change anything.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
RavenLady777 on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
There is an option to be hidden from friends. Use that...you can quest alone all you want. There's no need to change anything.
Oh I honestly didn't see that option. Thank you for letting me know!