Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Adding new features to the game

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 26, 2009
Hi, Wolf ShadowBringer here,

I just recently joined Wizard101 after being a hardcore World of Warcraft gamer for about 12 years, and I've noticed a few features that are VERY restrictive, and other features that haven't been implemented into the game just yet. So, I was hoping to run some ideas maybe to the developers or players of Wizard101. I'm not sure how the community works here just yet, or if (Kingsisle) actually listens to the player base or not. But, it's worth a try. So to start off---

1.) I was hoping I could suggest a more enjoyable and fair trading system, I think that there should be a trading system between friends/players other then just trading Treasure Cards, I know we have the auction house "The Bazaar" to serve as a trade for "Reagents" and in game items. It really limits the crafting side and many other aspects of the game itself. Take a look at Nintendo's works of Animal Crossing for instance. You have to be friends with someone to visit their Island to trade items and materials safely. No auction house and No players standing by this auction house page refreshing ever 1 second. Buying materials from The Bazzar for craftable items is VERY limiting considering "end game" content players are sitting inside and constantly refreshing the page to buy materials. Now I have personally lost A TON of reagents from my friends to the Bazaar's "quick" buying method. (Now I know what you'll say,) "Why don't you just go farm those reagents then?" which for one, is very time consuming as is, considering the chance of getting one is more probable then multiple. The more simple way to put this is that I personally think some players don't really have the time, the affordability, or the amount of concentration to spend running and "farming" and accumulating stuff that can very easily and wholesomely just trade from friends. Most of you have played this game as children and through the years we have all grown up and have come back to Wizard101, and this leads into my next point

2) Now having an automated system that flags curse words is an absolutely outstanding idea from the (KI) Team. However, I do think it also makes it very difficult to communicate when some (or most) use of words don't have any affiliation to be a 'bad word'. Words like "Cockroach" to any understanding even for the youth would know that is not a unsolicited and harmful word to example another. I have to say an alternative use of communication and STILL have the probability of getting served with a 15 minute, 45 minute, 1 day, 7 day, or even 10 YEARS of a mute or even ban. I started out with saying that an automated system to flag down harmful and foul language is outstanding, but it is incredibly flawed. I also mentioned the amount of time you can mute and ban someone---is even more disturbing. A lot of users pay for your game and services which is where you make your money and in return for their miscommunications. The fact we can and will get muted/banned for saying a PG word is absolutely ridiculous. So i would love for the developers of the system to re-evaluate some words, and im sure other players would love it as well.

3.) I have also noticed that this game focuses more on spending real life currency for the things you want rather then having the ability to get them without paying. Now i personally have no issue with the Crown-Shop because it provides the company more income and obviously helps support to make more of these games. But i do think that the "Pay to win" is flawed, Not everybody has money to dump into a game to get what they want. The end result is that players quit because of this very reason. I personally have always been an advocate for free to play and i think the company needs to focus more on that, if they want their community to grow.

I really believe if players start to suggest ideas of how to make the game better, and the developers take our suggestions into consideration, I very much believe it would make Wizard101 a better environment and game to play.
It would be absolutely outstanding to see that player base count go up. But with that i would love to hear some of YOUR suggestions on how we can all come together to make this game more fun for everybody.

Thanks for coming to my talk,
Sincerely,
Wolf ShadowBringer