Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Adding a "Request to Teleporter Filter"

1
AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 02, 2010
222
I have been thinking for a while that it might be an excellent idea for players to have a request to teleport filter whereas if someone tries to port to a player, then they get a message that says for example"Such and Such wizard wants to port to you" with a yes or no option. The player has about 5-10 seconds to select otherwise the person cannot port. Lots of times there have been people repeatedly porting to me who I do not want to port, but I need the teleporter option open because I am doing certain things with friends like questing. What do you think about this?

Explorer
May 17, 2009
68
I like this idea...but I would add that after someone requests to teleport to you that if you reply no that they have to wait another 30 minutes or so before being able to request again otherwise you will have people just spamming you constantly until you say yes which will become annoying very quickly.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
I'm for this as long as it doesn't show up right in the middle of my screen. Put it on the side of the screen like an exclamation mark or instructor announcement.

I really would like this option though. On more than a couple of occasions, I've had my quest party interrupted because some kid I met in commons wanted to show off his new robe or pet. This continues to occur even if my ports are on for just a moment.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2012
26
I like this idea!

Liam Strongpants lvl. 75

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
415
Swayyy on Aug 18, 2014 wrote:
I like this idea...but I would add that after someone requests to teleport to you that if you reply no that they have to wait another 30 minutes or so before being able to request again otherwise you will have people just spamming you constantly until you say yes which will become annoying very quickly.
No, you shouldn't have to wait 30 minutes.
No, no, no, no, no.
In a lot of dungeons, people will teleport to the commons area, get health and mana whisps, and then port back. It would be a real nuisance to wait that long.
As for the idea, I don't really think it's necessary. If you don't want someone to keep teleporting, ignore them or remove them, it's that simple.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
222
Swayyy on Aug 18, 2014 wrote:
I like this idea...but I would add that after someone requests to teleport to you that if you reply no that they have to wait another 30 minutes or so before being able to request again otherwise you will have people just spamming you constantly until you say yes which will become annoying very quickly.
Hmm. I like the idea but I personally think that 30 minutes would be too long. I would actually say just one minute, because there may be someone who you want to have port often but then cannot port often cause of the 30 minute wait. Another idea I think might be good though is to consider being allowed to block specific players from porting rather than just all of them.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
222
Lucas Rain on Aug 18, 2014 wrote:
I'm for this as long as it doesn't show up right in the middle of my screen. Put it on the side of the screen like an exclamation mark or instructor announcement.

I really would like this option though. On more than a couple of occasions, I've had my quest party interrupted because some kid I met in commons wanted to show off his new robe or pet. This continues to occur even if my ports are on for just a moment.
Yea. It can be annoying. This is something I think should have existed as an option ever since the beginning the game came out.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
222
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
No, you shouldn't have to wait 30 minutes.
No, no, no, no, no.
In a lot of dungeons, people will teleport to the commons area, get health and mana whisps, and then port back. It would be a real nuisance to wait that long.
As for the idea, I don't really think it's necessary. If you don't want someone to keep teleporting, ignore them or remove them, it's that simple.
"If you don't want someone to keep teleporting, ignore them or remove them, it's that simple."
Its not always that simple, because the person who may keep teleporting may be a long time friend or need them added for some reason or sometimes removal is just too harsh or afraid of hurting the person's feelings. There could also be cases of like if the person is a family member.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4113
Alex Stormlight on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
"If you don't want someone to keep teleporting, ignore them or remove them, it's that simple."
Its not always that simple, because the person who may keep teleporting may be a long time friend or need them added for some reason or sometimes removal is just too harsh or afraid of hurting the person's feelings. There could also be cases of like if the person is a family member.
Turn off teleporting then. They can still message you and you can turn teleport back on if it's needed.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
415
Alex Stormlight on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
"If you don't want someone to keep teleporting, ignore them or remove them, it's that simple."
Its not always that simple, because the person who may keep teleporting may be a long time friend or need them added for some reason or sometimes removal is just too harsh or afraid of hurting the person's feelings. There could also be cases of like if the person is a family member.
Okay...if removing them is too harsh, just ignore them. You can turn ignore on and off and you'll still have your friend, so I still don't see the logic in this.
Also, if you know the person in real life, can't you just tell them not to port to you for a while?
I'm not trying to be offensive, sorry if it sounds like it, I just think it's really not necessary to keep the game fun.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
68
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 20, 2014 wrote:
No, you shouldn't have to wait 30 minutes.
No, no, no, no, no.
In a lot of dungeons, people will teleport to the commons area, get health and mana whisps, and then port back. It would be a real nuisance to wait that long.
As for the idea, I don't really think it's necessary. If you don't want someone to keep teleporting, ignore them or remove them, it's that simple.
Ok if you bothered to READ what I wrote you would see that I wrote only make the people you REFUSED to allow to port to you wait 30 minutes. That way they can't spam you a hundred times until you say yes.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
415
Swayyy on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
Ok if you bothered to READ what I wrote you would see that I wrote only make the people you REFUSED to allow to port to you wait 30 minutes. That way they can't spam you a hundred times until you say yes.
Okay, geez...no need to be rude, my eyes skipped over that part. Plus, I was just stating my opinion. No offense, but if you don't want your comments to be judged, don't comment on the message boards, no harm meant.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
455
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
Okay...if removing them is too harsh, just ignore them. You can turn ignore on and off and you'll still have your friend, so I still don't see the logic in this.
Also, if you know the person in real life, can't you just tell them not to port to you for a while?
I'm not trying to be offensive, sorry if it sounds like it, I just think it's really not necessary to keep the game fun.
Once you ignore someone, even if you get them off your ignore list, they will be off your friends list.
Tara

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4113
glowstorm13 on Aug 23, 2014 wrote:
Once you ignore someone, even if you get them off your ignore list, they will be off your friends list.
Tara
That's why you just turn teleport off.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
415
glowstorm13 on Aug 23, 2014 wrote:
Once you ignore someone, even if you get them off your ignore list, they will be off your friends list.
Tara
My friends ignore all the time somehow. My friends that I have had for months do something and then it says I'm not allowed to teleport to them. It says they do not wish to be disturbed or something like that. And then a few hours later, they are still my friend, and I can teleport to them again. So you can do something to control this, I just don't know what it's called.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4113
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 23, 2014 wrote:
My friends ignore all the time somehow. My friends that I have had for months do something and then it says I'm not allowed to teleport to them. It says they do not wish to be disturbed or something like that. And then a few hours later, they are still my friend, and I can teleport to them again. So you can do something to control this, I just don't know what it's called.
Under Privacy Options, Allow Friend Teleports --> On/Off

Explorer
May 17, 2009
68
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 22, 2014 wrote:
Okay, geez...no need to be rude, my eyes skipped over that part. Plus, I was just stating my opinion. No offense, but if you don't want your comments to be judged, don't comment on the message boards, no harm meant.
I don't mind my comments being judged it's when someone judges me without reading what I wrote. If you are going to have an opinion on something at least make sure you read it first.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
415
Swayyy on Aug 24, 2014 wrote:
I don't mind my comments being judged it's when someone judges me without reading what I wrote. If you are going to have an opinion on something at least make sure you read it first.
It was a mistake, sorry, geez. I still don't think this idea is worth it, though, because you can just turn the teleports off like Seethe42 said.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
68
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 25, 2014 wrote:
It was a mistake, sorry, geez. I still don't think this idea is worth it, though, because you can just turn the teleports off like Seethe42 said.
No offense but again you are not reading before posting. Yes you can turn teleports off but the whole point of Alex's post was to request a way to leave no have to turn it off because he wants some of his friends to be able to come but others to not. If you turn off your ports then NO ONE can come to you but if you want a few to come you now have to turn it on, wait for them to port, then turn it back off. Alex was simply asking for an option to tell you who wants to port to you so you can leave it on all the time and select who can port and who can't. So yes....this thread DOES have worth.

Defender
Feb 17, 2011
100
Swayyy on Aug 18, 2014 wrote:
I like this idea...but I would add that after someone requests to teleport to you that if you reply no that they have to wait another 30 minutes or so before being able to request again otherwise you will have people just spamming you constantly until you say yes which will become annoying very quickly.
Maybe 10, 15 minutes instead of 30? make much more sense that way

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
Swayyy on Aug 25, 2014 wrote:
No offense but again you are not reading before posting. Yes you can turn teleports off but the whole point of Alex's post was to request a way to leave no have to turn it off because he wants some of his friends to be able to come but others to not. If you turn off your ports then NO ONE can come to you but if you want a few to come you now have to turn it on, wait for them to port, then turn it back off. Alex was simply asking for an option to tell you who wants to port to you so you can leave it on all the time and select who can port and who can't. So yes....this thread DOES have worth.
I agree, the thread has worth. I get frustrated when people can't see that our current options in the game don't really solve the problem. More work is needed, and people are clearly outlining how it should be done.

The issue is, again, usability. One option is to do as the thread author suggests. Another option is to improve the options interface--we need options at a single click, and no matter how good people think the current options are, the fact is that 3-6 clicks is more than one. Most if not all privacy options could be accessible from a docked button panel on the friends menu (covers ports, requests, hidden status, etc.). And again, there's the option to do absolutely nothing and pretend that our current options cover all scenarios despite clear user feedback to the contrary. (Saves money, but that's the only positive point.)

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
222
Bluestar0713 on Aug 27, 2014 wrote:
Maybe 10, 15 minutes instead of 30? make much more sense that way
Another idea I have could be in the filter options, allowing players to select the cool down they want of that which players need to wait before teleport requesting again. What do you think of that?

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
222
Lucas Rain on Aug 27, 2014 wrote:
I agree, the thread has worth. I get frustrated when people can't see that our current options in the game don't really solve the problem. More work is needed, and people are clearly outlining how it should be done.

The issue is, again, usability. One option is to do as the thread author suggests. Another option is to improve the options interface--we need options at a single click, and no matter how good people think the current options are, the fact is that 3-6 clicks is more than one. Most if not all privacy options could be accessible from a docked button panel on the friends menu (covers ports, requests, hidden status, etc.). And again, there's the option to do absolutely nothing and pretend that our current options cover all scenarios despite clear user feedback to the contrary. (Saves money, but that's the only positive point.)
Thank you for understanding that.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
222
I really feel this is something that is needed and should have been in Wizard101 since it began. What are your thoughts?

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
222
Adding a request to teleport filter would help a lot especially if someone does not remember to block teleportations.

1