Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Report Syestem Idea!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2009
While I was PVPing today, my team was totally outmatched, and two people on the other team were making small jokes, at first I didn't mind them, but then they started to call us noobs and that hurt me. So I reported the player, but what I didn't know is that they get notified and the report tells them who reported them. So then they continued to make fun of me, and teh report just fueled them on. Now I wish that I had never reported them. So in order to keep Wizard101 peaceful, I was just wondering if we could change the report so that it won't tell the player that you reported, the name of the wizard that reported him. Kind of like a safe to tell syestem, with bullying. Its just a suggestion, but now I'll just stick to the ignore button. Thanks :)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
zxah1 wrote:
While I was PVPing today, my team was totally outmatched, and two people on the other team were making small jokes, at first I didn't mind them, but then they started to call us noobs and that hurt me. So I reported the player, but what I didn't know is that they get notified and the report tells them who reported them. So then they continued to make fun of me, and teh report just fueled them on. Now I wish that I had never reported them. So in order to keep Wizard101 peaceful, I was just wondering if we could change the report so that it won't tell the player that you reported, the name of the wizard that reported him. Kind of like a safe to tell syestem, with bullying. Its just a suggestion, but now I'll just stick to the ignore button. Thanks :)

HMMM, This is the first time I have ever heard that the report notification names the reporting wizard and I have reported a few myself without any backlash. I have also been falsely reported and the notification did not tell me who did it.

BUT, being called a "noob" is not a REPORTABLE OFFENSE. If you are not sure what is reportable, please go read the Terms of Use that you should have read when you registered to play this game.

If you report some one you are in a duel with or against, it really is not that hard for the person to figure out who it was.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
goldendragon18 wrote:
If you report some one you are in a duel with or against, it really is not that hard for the person to figure out who it was.

This is why I didn't report when a player on my Waterworks team started swearing at the rest of us around the filters- she was already quite boisterous and loud, and reporting would have only exacerbated her obnoxious behaviour.

To the OP- just ignore people like that. Also, as goldendragon suggested, you may want to read up on what's considered reportable- reporting someone for being rude will result in /your/ account being sanctioned, as it's considered a false report.

Survivor
May 10, 2009
Oh, sorry. I guess I just got upset. Thanks, I'll go check out the terms of use. I need to apologize to everyone for being silly.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
zxah1 wrote:
Oh, sorry. I guess I just got upset. Thanks, I'll go check out the terms of use. I need to apologize to everyone for being silly.

Trust me if being rude was reportable, KI would be lossing so many players it wouldn't even be funny, well maybe a little.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
vonawesome1 wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:

This is why I didn't report when a player on my Waterworks team started swearing at the rest of us around the filters- she was already quite boisterous and loud, and reporting would have only exacerbated her obnoxious behaviour.

To the OP- just ignore people like that. Also, as goldendragon suggested, you may want to read up on what's considered reportable- reporting someone for being rude will result in /your/ account being sanctioned, as it's considered a false report.

Last i checked missuse of text chat is a reportable offense right? I think it wouldn't have been the right thing to report that person.

Survivor
May 10, 2009
Squire
Apr 18, 2010
I would just like to add that someone calling someone else a noob isn't a reportable offense. If calling someone a noob was bad, then KI wouldnt have that word in text chat.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
While I agree on the part that a report should be anonymous, i think you overreacted. just my opinion

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
zxah1 wrote:
Well, first of all, that insult is not reportable. Foul language, yes, but if it's in the clear with text chat, and not spelled "creatively", then it's fine. Don't report that again, just ignore it. Second, it's already anonymous. Reports will say you've been reported, and will tell you a basic: Foul language will not be tolerated, etc.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
@zxah1,

If you wish to PvP but can't stand the taunting of others (which IS really awful), then turn off the PvP chatter. Go to the controls in your game settings, and turn it off. Silence is bliss!

I do agree with you, though, that the level of verbal abuse in PvP is shameful. There's really no need for people to treat one another that way.

Best of Luck to you,

Queenlybluebean

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
sorry that happened to you but its the reason i dont pvp its a very hostile enviroment in there once again i wish we didnt have to have those issues in there. If you do have it happen again you will just need to ignore them hope you have a better time GL.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Dude! I know you were ticked and all. Why didnt you: ask them to stop, ignore them all, go to your house?

Thought provider,
Valdus Darkcaster

In all things there can be peace. Yet there are always problems

Explorer
Jan 14, 2011
I wish it would tell you who reported you ... I got falsely reported the other day, and I want to know who did it!

Haley Fairygarden
Level 30 Life Wizard

Survivor
Apr 29, 2009
No offense to anyone but you all completely missed out on the purpose of this post. The post was about the report system. I hate that when i report someone they automatically report me back. This is what the original post was about and i completely agree with this proposal. I do not agree with why a report was issued though. Just saying.