Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Potential Solution to Long Spells

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
So I was thinking... there are a lot of people who complain that the spell animations take too long. What if during the animations you could plan your next move? That way if everyone had their next move selected it would just be a continuous play. This might also make things a bit more cinematic. Just an idea....

P.S. Another potential solution would be to ever so slightly shorten the casting animation.

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
exp613 on Dec 10, 2016 wrote:
So I was thinking... there are a lot of people who complain that the spell animations take too long. What if during the animations you could plan your next move? That way if everyone had their next move selected it would just be a continuous play. This might also make things a bit more cinematic. Just an idea....

P.S. Another potential solution would be to ever so slightly shorten the casting animation.
If everyone chose a card while a animation of a card is running, and if the enemies did so too, it would be a huge lag in the game, cause all of the animations would be clumped together. Though I like the idea of shorten the casting animation.

Alejandro

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
reyes107 on Dec 11, 2016 wrote:
If everyone chose a card while a animation of a card is running, and if the enemies did so too, it would be a huge lag in the game, cause all of the animations would be clumped together. Though I like the idea of shorten the casting animation.

Alejandro
No the animations would not run at the same time. The Animation would run as normal however there would a 2D Interface (like there is now) that would let you select your card while the animations were running individually like normal. I think of how if you spectate a PVP match you can see what everyone is casting and it goes along the edges etc. So instead of having the cards in the middle of the screen perhaps there could be the card selection screen along the side so in actuality you could play the entire battle sequence in almost a cinematic perspective. (Like if everyone picked their cards it would just be a constant spell fling! Does that make sense?