Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A option to turn off the Animation for the spells?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
The Subject says it all.

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
Would it make a difference? If it was possible, you'd still have to wait because of the other people in your battle if they have it set to on.

Explorer
Jan 17, 2012
You could do what was done on Pirate101, and make your own spells faster.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
MalvinHawkRunner on Jun 6, 2016 wrote:
Would it make a difference? If it was possible, you'd still have to wait because of the other people in your battle if they have it set to on.
I want the option to turn off spell animation; and I'd pay crowns and gold for this option; best of all, I'm OK waiting for other people! And when I'm on a team with everyone wanting to turn off animation; wow will battles be super quick!

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
more of a solo thing.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
another suggestion, along these lines, made a few times on this forum, was to have special servers where the animation was 1) speed up 2) cut short 3) turned off completely (so that we'd see the casting animation, then the damage and nothing else).

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
Tylerwildpants on Jun 6, 2016 wrote:
I want the option to turn off spell animation; and I'd pay crowns and gold for this option; best of all, I'm OK waiting for other people! And when I'm on a team with everyone wanting to turn off animation; wow will battles be super quick!
I completely agree!

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
So all you would see is numbers? Sounds more like math than a game.

Lvl 110
Lvl 104
Lvl 27

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Adam Wintersinger on Jun 7, 2016 wrote:
So all you would see is numbers? Sounds more like math than a game.

Lvl 110
Lvl 104
Lvl 27
Thank you Adam for thinking and putting kids and their education first. Doing math while playing a fun, cool game can help kids do better in school. And if kids do better in school, this can springboard into all other kinds of achievements too. This can help raise their confidence and self-esteem, and help kids have, and go after even bigger dreams. Kudos Adam for suggesting Wizard101 help kids improve themselves through math!

Defender
Jun 09, 2015
Tylerwildpants on Jun 8, 2016 wrote:
Thank you Adam for thinking and putting kids and their education first. Doing math while playing a fun, cool game can help kids do better in school. And if kids do better in school, this can springboard into all other kinds of achievements too. This can help raise their confidence and self-esteem, and help kids have, and go after even bigger dreams. Kudos Adam for suggesting Wizard101 help kids improve themselves through math!
the game wouldn't be cool with out the animations and this game is for people who are ten the math in the game is ( since is really fast ) math champions and even if they slowed it down it would change to seven year olds

Defender
Jun 09, 2015
Tylerwildpants on Jun 6, 2016 wrote:
with out a spell animation we can't tell what the attackers spell is and your friends spell is that would add up to no statagy and make this game twenty two times harder

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
mario king on Jun 12, 2016 wrote:
with out a spell animation we can't tell what the attackers spell is and your friends spell is that would add up to no statagy and make this game twenty two times harder
There's no shame in loving the fun, cool, animations Wizard 101 brings players, just as there's no shame in folks who want to play without them! Having the option to turn off spells, is simply that; an option. Its like not having to do optional game content. You still get to enjoy the game as it is, while other players choose to do optional content. Players have been able to enhance spells to make it so you don't know what they've cast; and this has been available for awhile. Regarding computer game AIs; they still use set patterns in how they play. In Wizard 101, game bosses use very specific deck set ups, attacks, cheats, and defense patterns other players figure out over time; and share with others! Thus, making really hard content, beatable by more players. I personally love your suggestion about not knowing what spells are being used; this is awesome! I'm a hardcore gamer who teams with mostly other hardcore gamers who play extremely well together! Everyone plays in group chat and uses online talking tools. Be it in PvP, or any other battle, we all discuss what spells we're going to use in our decks before we start, and every round, everyone quickly shares what available spells they have up; and we quickly discuss the best spells to use, in what order. So playing against a team completely in the dark would make for a very quick battle!

Defender
Jun 09, 2015
Tylerwildpants on Jun 13, 2016 wrote:
There's no shame in loving the fun, cool, animations Wizard 101 brings players, just as there's no shame in folks who want to play without them! Having the option to turn off spells, is simply that; an option. Its like not having to do optional game content. You still get to enjoy the game as it is, while other players choose to do optional content. Players have been able to enhance spells to make it so you don't know what they've cast; and this has been available for awhile. Regarding computer game AIs; they still use set patterns in how they play. In Wizard 101, game bosses use very specific deck set ups, attacks, cheats, and defense patterns other players figure out over time; and share with others! Thus, making really hard content, beatable by more players. I personally love your suggestion about not knowing what spells are being used; this is awesome! I'm a hardcore gamer who teams with mostly other hardcore gamers who play extremely well together! Everyone plays in group chat and uses online talking tools. Be it in PvP, or any other battle, we all discuss what spells we're going to use in our decks before we start, and every round, everyone quickly shares what available spells they have up; and we quickly discuss the best spells to use, in what order. So playing against a team completely in the dark would make for a very quick battle!
it would be annoying to the people with or without animations to always type what spell heres something for an example, someone fighting something hard then a random wizard come into battle random wizard everytime: i turned off spell animations what spell are you going to use person who was fighting before the random wizard came: really and then there are two possible out comes after this one out come random wizard: since you won't tell me what your using i'm going to leave and make this fight harder for you, and the other out come is that the random wizard will do stuff that makes your spells bad or something else like you use a thing that adds more health to all life healing things and the person doesn't see the things around them and then he uses doom and gloom or something

Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
there should be a option to turn off spell animations or make them alot faster so you can battle faster

this effect only happens when everyone in a group has it set to speed mode to make the battles go faster

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
I don't agree with being able to turn off animations altogether, but I do want the worst of the slownesses fixed for everyone (e. g. frost giant should swing his hammer around only once), and an option to set our own animation speed.

Delver
May 12, 2012
Hi,

Yes, it is annoying to wait, but either way, you'd end up waiting. If the other people you were with have the animation on, you'd end up waiting. Honestly, I've lived through it by pulling up another tab on my laptop or messing around on another device (like my I-pad). There is nothing KI can really do. (Plus occasionally, I watch the animations).

~ Allison Dragongem Level 90

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
mario king on Jun 19, 2016 wrote:
it would be annoying to the people with or without animations to always type what spell heres something for an example, someone fighting something hard then a random wizard come into battle random wizard everytime: i turned off spell animations what spell are you going to use person who was fighting before the random wizard came: really and then there are two possible out comes after this one out come random wizard: since you won't tell me what your using i'm going to leave and make this fight harder for you, and the other out come is that the random wizard will do stuff that makes your spells bad or something else like you use a thing that adds more health to all life healing things and the person doesn't see the things around them and then he uses doom and gloom or something
Did you know, that every spell used, has a name, spell card, and lasts a specific amount of seconds before it disappears!?!
This allows multiple ways to approach and address turning on and off spell animations in battles that are satisfactory to all players.
  • First, the players who love animations never have to turn them off
    Lots of players love animations :)
  • Players who team together and wish to avoid long, draw out battles can all play without animations
    The players that shall appreciate this most is anyone with a short amount of time to play, anyone attempting to farm a specific area, fight a really tough boss, fight 500, 1000, or more of anything, as well as do any repetitive task multiple times in a row, solo players not wanting to see animations, etc...
  • Players in mixed company, can either play with animations on or off
    Instead of seeing the spell animation, players would only be able to see the spell name, card or count down timer
Where in the game can players observe the count down timer?
Malistaire summoning the Dragon Titan in The Crown of Fire
Did you know just before you fight Malistaire to prevent him from summoning the Titan Dragon, players have to choice to watch the entire animation before entering battle, or they can quickly press the space bar multiple times in a row to just display the countdown timer.

How can you see what spells your opponents are using in battle?

When beguile gets cast on you, you're able to see what the other team is casting for four rounds. The best part about beguile is you don't have to use any attack spells, you can heal or blade yourself; or do what I do, and simply share with your teammates what the other team is using.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Mythali126 on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
Hi,

Yes, it is annoying to wait, but either way, you'd end up waiting. If the other people you were with have the animation on, you'd end up waiting. Honestly, I've lived through it by pulling up another tab on my laptop or messing around on another device (like my I-pad). There is nothing KI can really do. (Plus occasionally, I watch the animations).

~ Allison Dragongem Level 90
... Or just tell them about the feature?

Defender
Jun 09, 2015
sKochiya on Jun 21, 2016 wrote:
... Or just tell them about the feature?
really what about the people who like it on do you want to force them off of the animation for spells

Defender
Jun 09, 2015
Tylerwildpants on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
Did you know, that every spell used, has a name, spell card, and lasts a specific amount of seconds before it disappears!?!
This allows multiple ways to approach and address turning on and off spell animations in battles that are satisfactory to all players.
  • First, the players who love animations never have to turn them off
    Lots of players love animations :)
  • Players who team together and wish to avoid long, draw out battles can all play without animations
    The players that shall appreciate this most is anyone with a short amount of time to play, anyone attempting to farm a specific area, fight a really tough boss, fight 500, 1000, or more of anything, as well as do any repetitive task multiple times in a row, solo players not wanting to see animations, etc...
  • Players in mixed company, can either play with animations on or off
    Instead of seeing the spell animation, players would only be able to see the spell name, card or count down timer
Where in the game can players observe the count down timer?
Malistaire summoning the Dragon Titan in The Crown of Fire
Did you know just before you fight Malistaire to prevent him from summoning the Titan Dragon, players have to choice to watch the entire animation before entering battle, or they can quickly press the space bar multiple times in a row to just display the countdown timer.

How can you see what spells your opponents are using in battle?

When beguile gets cast on you, you're able to see what the other team is casting for four rounds. The best part about beguile is you don't have to use any attack spells, you can heal or blade yourself; or do what I do, and simply share with your teammates what the other team is using.
the only thing good for this is going to a completely empty realm or soloing a dungeon because when people enter the place you are in they have to see it and also why in the world would you want to stare at a time instead of an awesome animation ( last time I checked people like to watch pretty cool stuff instead of staring at a timer ) oh and did you forget that 70% of people come to this game because of its animations it would only be better to get new spell animations instead of taking them away

Survivor
May 26, 2013
mario king on Jun 22, 2016 wrote:
the only thing good for this is going to a completely empty realm or soloing a dungeon because when people enter the place you are in they have to see it and also why in the world would you want to stare at a time instead of an awesome animation ( last time I checked people like to watch pretty cool stuff instead of staring at a timer ) oh and did you forget that 70% of people come to this game because of its animations it would only be better to get new spell animations instead of taking them away
70 percent? Where did you get that information?

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
mario king on Jun 22, 2016 wrote:
This is an awesome suggestion; an empty realm or dungeon to solo! 80% of people agree your suggestion to improve W101 will benefit individuals that like traveling in empty realms and taking on game content on their own! 60% of individuals polled think your suggestion is great, 30% think its good, and 20% think how can you play W101 alone. Here's a great question: What does an escalator turn into after it stops working; Stairs! Of course 100% of people polled unanimously agreed, too many individuals make up statistics so what they've typed or said, appears more credible. And even with all your great suggestions; I'm still open and receptive for an option to turn off the animation for the spells. But promise me you won't tell anyone my deep, dark secret...
...I like watching the countdown timer count down. I like to guess the next number; and sometimes I even guess right!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Tylerwildpants on Jun 8, 2016 wrote:
lol

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
sKochiya on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
I don't agree with being able to turn off animations altogether, but I do want the worst of the slownesses fixed for everyone (e. g. frost giant should swing his hammer around only once), and an option to set our own animation speed.
In my opinion I like the long animations; it makes the battles more fun and interesting. Like it was mentioned above, one person could only speed up their animations, though. I don't agree with getting rid of the animations, but I'd be fine with individual people having the option to speed their own animations up. Call of Khrulhu could go back to its normal speed, and if players chose to speed up their animations, Call of Khrulhu could be its current fast version.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Tylerwildpants on Jun 22, 2016 wrote:
This is an awesome suggestion; an empty realm or dungeon to solo! 80% of people agree your suggestion to improve W101 will benefit individuals that like traveling in empty realms and taking on game content on their own! 60% of individuals polled think your suggestion is great, 30% think its good, and 20% think how can you play W101 alone. Here's a great question: What does an escalator turn into after it stops working; Stairs! Of course 100% of people polled unanimously agreed, too many individuals make up statistics so what they've typed or said, appears more credible. And even with all your great suggestions; I'm still open and receptive for an option to turn off the animation for the spells. But promise me you won't tell anyone my deep, dark secret...
...I like watching the countdown timer count down. I like to guess the next number; and sometimes I even guess right!
Hey. 100% of people that read that post now know your deep dark secret.