Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A New World-- Kaylua

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 25, 2011
Well, it's not very good, but here it is:

*merle summons you*

"Young Wizard! Come quickly! We have some urgent and concerning artifacts!"

Or, something like that. It obviously needs polishing.

*in the office*

"Young Wizard! I am glad you came. A masked and hooded stranger came to my doorstep in the late hours of last night and left these... Merle shows you a clay vase, what looks like a water lily, a bag with unknown contents, and a note in an indecipherable language. These are most troubling. The visitor left with menace in his gaze. Please, take these to Alhazred on the Krokosphinx and have him assess the situation."

*in the Krokoshpinx*

"Hello, Young Wizard. Are your studies going well, learning the fine art of (whatever school you're from) magic? You answer Alhazred hastily and show him the artifacts. Oh, my. Alhazred looks troubled and turns away from you, muttering something to himself. He continues to examine the artifacts and finally turns back to you. These are artifacts from the world of Kaylua. And the note... the note says, 'Send your best wizards, Ambrose, to fight me, or you may never see your precious Deanna again.' It is only signed -HB... Alhazred hurriedly hands the artifacts back to you. Go, take these to Merle, and quickly!"

*back in Merle's office*

"When you tell Merle what the note says, the color drains from his face. Oh, no, not Deanna! Young Wizard! I have an urgent task for you! Please, take the spiral key of Kaylua and travel there. Meet me in The Meadow."

The story of Kaylua:

Kaylua is a world of night, shrouded in shadows by the evil sorcerer Hadrian Barlett. The Meadow is where the people of Kaylua have taken refuge, as it is the only place left in Kalyua where magical boundaries still hold back the darkness. But no wall lasts forever...

You must Travel to Kaylua and rescue Merle's great-great-great-great-great-great granddaughter Deanna, stopping Hadrian's evil plans and forcing the darkness to retreat along the way. Since the darkness came, all manner of creatures of the night have entered the streets. Spiders, wraiths, and ghosts are among the creatures you must defeat to fight your way to Deanna . . . and Hadrian.

Areas of Kaylua:

The Meadow-- The commons area, has a pet shop, a recipe vendor, etc. Has the NPC's Lizette, Hazelle, Ian, Velvetina, Mario, Gale, and Hazelle, as well as many non-speaking NPC's that walk around aimlessly. It also has Ambrose, who starts you off with the quest line. The above, named NPC's are the givers of the quests.

Available pets:

Name: Shadow Spider
Card: Black web: damage: 200-300. Animation: smoke apears and forms into a spider. the spider shoots a web at the enemy.

Stats, pedigree, and cost will be added as ideas become available.

Name: Black Ghost
Card: Haunt: damage 300-350. Animation: A black lost soul apears and blasts the enemy by moving its arms before it and creating a ball of black energy and shooting it at the enemy

Stats, pedigree, and cost will be added as ideas become available.

Credit goes to RosiePetal for the pet ideas! Kudos and many thanks.

High Street-- The first combat area.
Creatures:
Web Lurker--
Creature class: Spider
School: Death
Health: 900
Has death spells up to wraith and storm spells up to Storm Shark (as well as a natural attack)

Wraith (yes, just plain old wraith)--
Creature Class: Undead
Health: 995
Has death spells up to wraith (lol) and fire spells up to meteor strike

The Orchard-- A neutral zone with three NPC's, a bunch of run-around-and-collect quests, an attached dungeon.

Dungeon-- The Gemstone Factory
Floor one: Two wraiths and a new creature, a Gem Eater. The Gem Eater is a creature with the same stats as a wraith except it's a balance spider. (balance up to hydra, storm up to storm shark)

Floor two: Two gem eaters

Floor three: Two wraiths and a Web Lurker

Floor four: A boss named The GemKeeper with a protection and a damage pox.

Main Street-- Second combat area. Three new creatures:

Undead soldier (looks like the ghost of a person)--
Creature class: Undead
School: Life
Health: 1, 250
Has life spells up to sanctuary and ice spells up to blizzard.

Screaming Demon (looks like a banshee with fiery red eyes)--
Creature class: (undead, right?)
School: Fire
Health: 1,300
Has fire spells up to Helephant and death spells up to skeletal pirate.

Red Ghost (looks like a red lost soul)--
Same stats as screaming demon except 1, 225 health.

Two dungeons and one tower--

The Spiral Research Institute, Kaylua Branch
(has been taken over by spiders)--

Three floors with two web lurkers each and a final boss that is a spider.
Final boss: Maleki--
Creature Class: Spider
Health: 5, 650
Has two screaming demons as minons.

The other two dungeons, The Lake and The Village, have been overrun by red ghosts and Screaming Demons and you have to do numerous tasks in both to help the citizens.

The Wraith Base (dungeon that connects to The Meadow)--

Full of a bunch of wraiths, with different names like SoulCatching Wraith and stuff like that, with varying levels of health and rank. The NPC's are all humans that have been trapped there who you have to free.

Final Boss is named Servant of the Night. It has two Undead Soldiers as minions.

Health: 7, 825
Has death spells up to SCARECROW and fire spells up to HELEPHANT. That's where it starts to get dicey-- the creatures now all have similar spell limitations.

The Ocean--
The third combat area that works like a dungeon and has bosses that "walk" around. This part is entirely underwater, like Crab Alley. (you get taken there by Mario in his magical submarine, or something.)

Has lots of fish creatures, several that are seen in Celestia (so that I don't have to make new ones, lol), and bosses that walk around. The quest line for this street is VERY long. It has no connected dungeons.

Hadrian's Castle--
The final dungeon of the World. Works much like the Malistaire dungeon, with every creature seen so far in the game except for the underwater ones. This is where we have the encounter with Hadrian, rescue Deanna, and fight back the darkness.

Hadrian--
Creature Class: Wizard
Health: 16,225
Has two Undead Soldiers and a Damage Pox as minions.

When Hadrian is defeated, the following dialogue appears:
"The darkness retreats and light can be seen throughout Kaylua once more... A ghost rises up out of the body of Hadrian. Hah! Foolish Wizard! You thought you could defeat me? Never! I will destroy you, even if I must haunt you for a hundred years. Hadrian's ghost vanishes in a ouff of smoke. From the spot where he vanished, veins of darkness spread, until you are certain they have once again covered the whole World of Kaylua." From the NPC, Deanna, in the corner: "Thank you, Young Wizard! I owe you my life! But I must stay here. Kalyua has been my home for many years, and I must stay here and help the citizens, my friends. Thank you, again. Please return to your HeadMaster and tell him I am safe."

*back in the office*
"Ah, thank you, Young Wizard, for rescuing my dear Deanna. I am saddened to hear that the darkness has returned, but perhaps now the citizens will believe they have more of a chance if defeating it. Thank you again, Young Wizard. I will alert you if anything else regarding Kaylua should come up."

Many levels later, Merle summons you to his office. "Young Wizard, we have recieved word of some interesting developments in Kaylua. Please, return there and speak with Velvetina. She will have more information..."

But that's a world description for another day. ;)

Anyways, I need your feedback! Questions, comments, criticisms, ideas? What level should it be for? Any more creatures? More areas? I'm open to suggestion. If anyone has ideas for pets, gear, etc., I'd really appreciate them and will most likely use them. I'm editing as I go along, so new ideas can be given at any time. Also, I worked really hard for a long time on this, so if you come and shoot down my ideas, at least add a solution to the flaw along with your critique. Thanks for reading!

Sophia AshHeart
Level 45 Balance

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
cookiejar42 wrote:

*merle summons you*

*in the office*

"Young Wizard! I am glad you came. A masked and hooded stranger came to my doorstep in the late hours of last night and left these... Merle shows you a clay vase, what looks like a water lily, a bag with unknown contents, and a note in an indecipherable language. These are most troubling. The visitor left with menace in his gaze. Please, take these to Alhazred on the Krokosphinx and have him assess the situation."

*in the Krokoshpinx*

"Hello, Young Wizard. Are your studies going well, learning the fine art of (whatever school you're from) magic? You answer Alhazred hastily and show him the artifacts. Oh, my. Alhazred looks troubled and turns away from you, muttering something to himself. He continues to examine the artifacts and finally turns back to you. These are artifacts from the world of Kaylua. And the note... the note says, 'Send your best wizards, Ambrose, to fight me, or you may never see your precious Deanna again.' It is only signed -HB... Alhazred hurriedly hands the artifacts back to you. Go, take these to Merle, and quickly!"

*back in Merle's office*

"When you tell Merle what the note says, the color drains from his face. Oh, no, not Deanna! Young Wizard! I have an urgent task for you! Please, take the spiral key of Kaylua and travel there. Meet me in The Meadow."

The story of Kaylua:

Kaylua is a world of night, shrouded in shadows by the evil sorcerer Hadrian Barlett. The Meadow is where the people of Kaylua have taken refuge, as it is the only place left in Kalyua where magical boundaries still hold back the darkness. But no wall lasts forever...

You must Travel to Kaylua and rescue Merle's great-great-great-great-great-great granddaughter Deanna, stopping Hadrian's evil plans and forcing the darkness to retreat along the way. Since the darkness came, all manner of creatures of the night have entered the streets. Spiders, wraiths, and ghosts are among the creatures you must defeat to fight your way to Deanna . . . and Hadrian.

Areas of Kaylua:

The Meadow-- The commons area, has a pet shop, a recipe vendor, etc. Has the NPC's Lizette, Hazelle, Ian, Velvetina, Mario, Gale, and Hazelle, as well as many non-speaking NPC's that walk around aimlessly. It also has Ambrose, who starts you off with the quest line. The above, named NPC's are the givers of the quests.

Creatures:
Web Lurker--
Has death spells up to wraith and storm spells up to Storm Shark (as well as a natural attack)

The Orchard-- A neutral zone with three NPC's, a bunch of run-around-and-collect quests, an attached dungeon.

Floor one: Two wraiths and a new creature, a Gem Eater. The Gem Eater is a creature with the same stats as a wraith except it's a balance spider. (balance up to hydra, storm up to storm shark)

Floor two: A boss named The GemKeeper with a protection and a damage pox.

(veeeeeeery short dungeon)

The other two dungeons, The Lake and The Village, have been overrun by red ghosts and Screaming Demons and you have to do numerous tasks in both to help the citizens.

Full of a bunch of wraiths, with different names like SoulCatching Wraith and stuff like that, with varying levels of health and rank. The NPC's are all humans that have been trapped there who you have to free.

Final Boss is named Servant of the Night. It has two Undead Soldiers as minions.

Has death spells up to SCARECROW and fire spells up to HELEPHANT. That's where it starts to get dicey-- the creatures now all have similar spell limitations.

The Ocean--
The third combat area that works like a dungeon and has bosses that "walk" around. This part is entirely underwater, like Crab Alley. (you get taken there by Mario in his magical submarine, or something.)

Has lots of fish creatures, several that are seen in Celestia (so that I don't have to make new ones, lol), and bosses that walk around. The quest line for this street is VERY long. It has no connected dungeons.

Hadrian's Castle--
The final dungeon of the World. Works much like the Malistaire dungeon, with every creature seen so far in the game except for the underwater ones. This is where we have the encounter with Hadrian, rescue Deanna, and fight back the darkness.

Hadrian--
Has two Undead Soldiers and a Protection Pox as minions.

"The darkness retreats and light can be seen throughout Kaylua once more... A ghost rises up out of the body of Hadrian. Hah! Foolish Wizard! You thought you could defeat me? Never! I will destroy you, even if I must haunt you for a hundred years. Hadrian's ghost vanishes in a ouff of smoke. From the spot where he vanished, veins of darkness spread, until you are certain they have once again covered the whole World of Kaylua." From the NPC, Deanna, in the corner: "Thank you, Young Wizard! I owe you my life! But I must stay here. Kalyua has been my home for many years, and I must stay here and help the citizens, my friends. Thank you, again. Please return to your HeadMaster and tell him I am safe."

*back in the office*
"Ah, thank you, Young Wizard, for rescuing my dear Deanna. I am saddened to hear that the darkness has returned, but perhaps now the citizens will believe they have more of a chance if defeating it. Thank you again, Young Wizard. I will alert you if anything else regarding Kaylua should come up."

Many levels later, Merle summons you to his office. "Young Wizard, we have recieved word of some interesting developments in Kaylua. Please, return there and speak with Velvetina. She will have more information..."

But that's a world description for another day.

Anyways, I need your feedback! Questions, comments, criticisms, ideas? What level should it be for? Any more creatures? More areas? I'm open to suggestion. Also, I worked really hard for a long time on this, so if you come and shoot down my ideas, at least add a solution to the flaw along with your critique. Thanks for reading!

Sophia AshHeart
Level 45 Balance
It's good but make the gemstone factory longer.
Legendary Pyromancer, Dylan FireGem

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
Mastermind
May 13, 2011
excellent idea! you posted the stats of all the enemies and the bosses and introduced the areas. you even made the dialouge. im impressed! great thinking and you were really creative but some questions. how is "kaylua" pronounced? what do you have to do to get there? how will the world map look like? what will the doodles on the map be?

Survivor
May 03, 2011
This world sounds really nice :-)

Maybe some new pets can come with it like a black shadowy spider or a black lost soul (you know the first enemy on Unicorn Way in black :P )

as Life I want to help Kaylua. :D

I hope this world comes out!

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
marolin23 wrote:
excellent idea! you posted the stats of all the enemies and the bosses and introduced the areas. you even made the dialouge. im impressed! great thinking and you were really creative but some questions. how is "kaylua" pronounced? what do you have to do to get there? how will the world map look like? what will the doodles on the map be?

Thank you! :) I'm glad you liked it!

Anyways, to answer your questions:

1) Kaylua is prononced Kay (as in oKAY)- lu (as in blue)- a (as in uh?)

2) I guess Merle would summon you at such and such level, maybe at level 50? That seems good enough, right? Maybe level 45. I'm not sure.

3) That's a good question, actually. I'll get back to you on that one.

4) I'm not sure what you mean by doodles...

@rosiepetal, maybe elaborate on those pet ideas? I'd love to use them. What are their stats, costs, abilities? Get back to me on it! ;)

Sophia AshHeart
Level 45 Balance

Survivor
Apr 29, 2010
Its wonderful but you might want to change the protection pox minion. I had enough trouble with that protection pox battle in dragonspyre even at level 58. It would be WAY harder against someone with 16,000 health.
Mycin DarkHeart Level 58 Necromancer

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
jjraz7 wrote:
Its wonderful but you might want to change the protection pox minion. I had enough trouble with that protection pox battle in dragonspyre even at level 58. It would be WAY harder against someone with 16,000 health.
Mycin DarkHeart Level 58 Necromancer

Should I change it to two damage pox then? (well I guess I'll go do that right now and see what feedback I get...)

Sophia AshHeart
Level 45 Balance

Survivor
May 03, 2011
cookiejar42 wrote:
marolin23 wrote:

Thank you! :) I'm glad you liked it!

Anyways, to answer your questions:

1) Kaylua is prononced Kay (as in oKAY)- lu (as in blue)- a (as in uh?)

2) I guess Merle would summon you at such and such level, maybe at level 50? That seems good enough, right? Maybe level 45. I'm not sure.

3) That's a good question, actually. I'll get back to you on that one.

4) I'm not sure what you mean by doodles...

@rosiepetal, maybe elaborate on those pet ideas? I'd love to use them. What are their stats, costs, abilities? Get back to me on it! ;)

Sophia AshHeart
Level 45 Balance

Sure! :)

Okay this is the black spider:

Name: Shadow Spider
Card: Black web: damage: 200-300. Animation: smoke apears and forms into a spider. the spider shoots a web at the enemy.

thats it for the spider (sorry if it is not to good )

Now for the black lost soul:

Name: Black Ghost
Card: Haunt: damage 300-350. Animation: A black lost soul apears and blasts the enemy by moving its arms before it and creating a ball of black energy and shooting it at the enemy.

Thats those two

Hope you like it!

(let me know if you want more! :-) )

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
Or, I mean, not two damage pox, oops, lol. Just one. Or no pox at all, if that sounds better.

Anyways, do you guys think I should write out the quest line as well, or is it fine the way it is?

(I'd probably write out the quest line in a different topic.)

Sophia AshHeart
Level 45 Balance

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
What do you mean it's not very good! I love the whole idea and I think that it should be very much considered! I'm impressed with the whole idea, and Kaylua would be my fav. world if it got onto the live realm! I remember seeing you post this idea onto another forum, but I was in a hurry and couldn't post a reply. Well, now I can and I think that this is INCREDIBLE, and I'd love to help Kaylua!

Keep up the GREAT work!
Alyssa Pixiedust♥
Level 31 Therugist♣

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
yodajedi wrote:
cookiejar42 wrote:

*merle summons you*

*in the office*

*in the Krokoshpinx*

*back in Merle's office*

The story of Kaylua:

Areas of Kaylua:

Creatures:
Web Lurker--

Floor two: A boss named The GemKeeper with a protection and a damage pox.

(veeeeeeery short dungeon)

The Ocean--

Hadrian's Castle--

Hadrian--
Has two Undead Soldiers and a Protection Pox as minions.

*back in the office*

But that's a world description for another day.

Anyways, I need your feedback! Questions, comments, criticisms, ideas? What level should it be for? Any more creatures? More areas? I'm open to suggestion. Also, I worked really hard for a long time on this, so if you come and shoot down my ideas, at least add a solution to the flaw along with your critique. Thanks for reading!

Sophia AshHeart
Level 45 Balance
It's good but make the gemstone factory longer.
Legendary Pyromancer, Dylan FireGem

i love the idea and i think the dungeons are perfect how they are

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
Wow! Lots of feedback! Thanks so much everybody! Special thanks to RosiePetal for pet ideas (I am absolutely no good at coming up with those, I appreciate it deeply)! I will edit and add those to the main post (and be sure to give you credit). Thanks so much to everyone! Your feedback is what's gonna make this truly work!

Sophia AshHeart
Level 45 Balance

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
@rosiepetal (again)

I used your pet ideas! I think they're really great and I'm wondering if you can give me a little more info-- pedigree, abilities, stats, etc. No rush. :)

Sophia AshHeart
Level 45 Balance

P.S. To the rest of you, do you have any ideas for gear, other pets, learnable spells-- Anything!!! I will start a separate topic for them, so post there if you have any more! Thanks!

Defender
Feb 25, 2011
Well it looks like the separate topic either didn't get approved, or I just can't find it. Either way, keep on posting, people!

Sophia Ash-- well, you know the drill.