Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A new PvP ARENA

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2012
I was thinking of a way for Kingsisle to improve Wizard101 PvP and I thought of this. So you know how you go into Unicorn Way and then go into the Arena, well there should be a completely NEW arena somewhere else in Wizard City, and in that arena it should have the rules of exalted PvP or something else, you'd basically go down to level 100 for that match only, when you're out of the match you come back out as whatever level you were before you went in, obviously :P. Critical would be as it was back when darkmoor came out, before Polaris. There would be NO SHADOW SPELLS, no dispels, no jading, no angels, no juju, nothing like that. Basically would make PvP a lot more fair, fun, and strategic, where as now all PvP takes is ONE shadow spell and you win. The only shadow spell that should be allowed in this new arena would be Shadow Shrike, no Darkmoor, Polaris or Mirage spells. I thought it would also be a cool feature when you're making a PvP match whether it's in the new PvP arena or the one that we have now, when you're making a match you should be able to choose if you want Critical allowed or not. If somebody has that set as "no" a little icon of the critical symbol would appear but with a line across it saying no critical allowed. Also be able to choose what arena you want to PvP in, because when it's random and you port to a friend in the Avalon arena it's annoying to have to walk all that way just to see the match. Also removing DISPELS completely from QUICKMATCH tournaments. If you're going second to somebody that's the same school as you, or that's set for you with a mastery, they will just use a dispel every single turn until they can just one shot. And that's not fair or fun AT ALL. And the last thing is when the second match starts in a tournament you're able to check to see who you're fighting, usually the name of the opponent gives out his/her school enabling that person to set dispels or shields whatever it may be, please make that NOT a thing. It's not fair or fun.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
I like the idea of adding custom restrictions, but I think preventing spells from being used in your deck is a little silly.

You are basically creating a pvp match where you can force the opponent to play to your rules. On the other hand, it is completely up to them whether they want to join your match or not so I can understand that. People rarely use dispels in 1v1 unless you happen to be life or drop a couple school specific ones in a deck in anticipation.

How about adding new pvp arenas for khrysalis, polaris, mirage, and the arcanum. Empyrea when it comes out.

Custom pvp restiction ideas, one type selected per match:
  • No treasure cards, pets, or amulets (like the tourney)
  • No shadow pips
  • No power pips
  • No resist, No damage, No critical

Those are just my ideas, I think adding restrictions like no dispels or only shadow shrike creates too small a gap for people to actually want to participate in such a concept. It shouldn't only be catered to people who feel they need the restrictions to battle. PvP players should enjoy it as well. Awesome idea!

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander Main
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Nathan GreenEyes 75+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)

Survivor
Dec 25, 2015
i would say thats a good idea but this form of pvp hinders the best schools and since myth can only win with there polaris spell and death and life need jade gear to be useful in pvp

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
thelastdiviner on Feb 13, 2017 wrote:
I like the idea of adding custom restrictions, but I think preventing spells from being used in your deck is a little silly.

You are basically creating a pvp match where you can force the opponent to play to your rules. On the other hand, it is completely up to them whether they want to join your match or not so I can understand that. People rarely use dispels in 1v1 unless you happen to be life or drop a couple school specific ones in a deck in anticipation.

How about adding new pvp arenas for khrysalis, polaris, mirage, and the arcanum. Empyrea when it comes out.

• No shadow pips
  • No power pips

Those are just my ideas, I think adding restrictions like no dispels or only shadow shrike creates too small a gap for people to actually want to participate in such a concept. It shouldn't only be catered to people who feel they need the restrictions to battle. PvP players should enjoy it as well. Awesome idea!

Really like your ideas! Having PVP arenas all over the Spiral would be really helpful and interesting!

NPC ideas for the arenas, like Diago, for other worlds we'd need someone like him. Any ideas?

Survivor
Aug 21, 2012
thelastdiviner on Feb 13, 2017 wrote:

• No shadow pips
  • No power pips

I meant in this new PvP arena these rules would occur, if there was PvP arenas in different worlds, you'd need a member ship, the rules that I gave were pretty much Darkmoor style PvP. I'm just removing the Darkmoor spells. Dispels are SPAMMED and I mean SPAMMED every turn in a quick match 1v1 tournament, not a regular 1v1. So since there's 2 different PvP arenas, players can either choose to PvP in the arena that we have now, which is completely unbalanced, unfair and completely RNG, or they could choose the new PvP arena, which makes PvP fair for whatever school, as a storm in today's Wizard101 pvp, if somebody gets a shadow pip first turn and hits you with it, you're at 1k health already, as in the new PvP arena that wouldn't be possible, which would make it a lot more fair for literally whatever school you may be.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2012
kingme655 on Feb 13, 2017 wrote:
i would say thats a good idea but this form of pvp hinders the best schools and since myth can only win with there polaris spell and death and life need jade gear to be useful in pvp
Myth can honestly just blade, shrike and king art since without shrike and one blade it does about 1k over time. Life can still heal spam, weaver spam, gnomes whatever it may be, it's just not a hit that does more than 50% health with ONE SPELL. Death you can spam drains, over times, blade shrike bone dragon or just blade and bone dragon, there's so many possibilities that you can do with whatever school you are, people just can't see it anymore because we're blinded by the fact that with 4 pips and a shadow pip we can do 3k damage in the first turn.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2012
Mirajane7887 on Feb 14, 2017 wrote:
Really like your ideas! Having PVP arenas all over the Spiral would be really helpful and interesting!

NPC ideas for the arenas, like Diago, for other worlds we'd need someone like him. Any ideas?
Honestly, I'd say just use the main NPC that're in that world, in Khrysalis, it's that bug girl that follows you around, I can't remember her name. In Avalon It'd be that crab guy, the first guy you talk to. Pretty much the same thing for all the worlds. If not, Kingsisle can probably come up with something.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Mirajane7887 on Feb 14, 2017 wrote:

Thanks!

I'm not too sure about what type of npcs like Diego would be out there, but there is Benedict Glendemming in Wysteria. Both being unicorn duel masters, perhaps exactly that; different types of unicorn duel-masters around the spiral?

Perhaps they could even give gear from their world but designed with each school's design through arena tickets? I'd definitely love to see school-designed Dragonspyre gear

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Isaac Frost on Feb 15, 2017 wrote:
I meant in this new PvP arena these rules would occur, if there was PvP arenas in different worlds, you'd need a member ship, the rules that I gave were pretty much Darkmoor style PvP. I'm just removing the Darkmoor spells. Dispels are SPAMMED and I mean SPAMMED every turn in a quick match 1v1 tournament, not a regular 1v1. So since there's 2 different PvP arenas, players can either choose to PvP in the arena that we have now, which is completely unbalanced, unfair and completely RNG, or they could choose the new PvP arena, which makes PvP fair for whatever school, as a storm in today's Wizard101 pvp, if somebody gets a shadow pip first turn and hits you with it, you're at 1k health already, as in the new PvP arena that wouldn't be possible, which would make it a lot more fair for literally whatever school you may be.
I meant the aesthetic look of the arenas, similar to how you would enter a PvP match and be in an arena looking like Dragonspyre. I was suggesting that we get arenas looking like the newer worlds.

I agree with your idea about having it as a separate queue station to create a custom match. The thing is, it would must definitely not count towards increasing your rank.

What my issue is that KI is going to have problems literally removing spells from decks if you are looking to BAN a spell from being used in a certain match. If I wanted to remove dispels from both participants decks, dispels can also exist in other places such as jewels, gear, pets, and as may cast dispel talents. Too much trouble for what it's worth.

What I might suggest is we look at implementing a concept that was really good but lost within the pvp threads-
dispel blocks. Like stun blocks, they would prevent the next following dispel attempt. This would be implemented for all pvp systems. PvE would remain unaffected.

Dispels are essentially stuns in the form of negative charms. Believe me, I understand how unfair some matches can be with dispels. (I pvp with a ,people carry life dispels all the time!)

Instead of making small changes to a larger issue, why not just resolve it head on?

Nathan GreenEyes 75+ Hot in more ways than one

Survivor
Aug 21, 2012
thelastdiviner on Feb 15, 2017 wrote:
I meant the aesthetic look of the arenas, similar to how you would enter a PvP match and be in an arena looking like Dragonspyre. I was suggesting that we get arenas looking like the newer worlds.

I agree with your idea about having it as a separate queue station to create a custom match. The thing is, it would must definitely not count towards increasing your rank.

What my issue is that KI is going to have problems literally removing spells from decks if you are looking to BAN a spell from being used in a certain match. If I wanted to remove dispels from both participants decks, dispels can also exist in other places such as jewels, gear, pets, and as may cast dispel talents. Too much trouble for what it's worth.

What I might suggest is we look at implementing a concept that was really good but lost within the pvp threads-
dispel blocks. Like stun blocks, they would prevent the next following dispel attempt. This would be implemented for all pvp systems. PvE would remain unaffected.

Dispels are essentially stuns in the form of negative charms. Believe me, I understand how unfair some matches can be with dispels. (I pvp with a ,people carry life dispels all the time!)

Instead of making small changes to a larger issue, why not just resolve it head on?

Nathan GreenEyes 75+ Hot in more ways than one
They took out treasure cards, pets, amulets, I'm assuming if they restrict something that's equipped, it'd be the same thing or similar for restricting cards and whatnot, I'm all aboard the "dispel block" idea, but if somebody spams dispel every round, how will the dispel block work out? I don't even know what the dispel block is, is it a percentage? Or like something you put on like stun blocks? Or an aura like conviction? In other words what the new Arena is, well what I meant for it to be, is for it to be another PvP arena that exists somewhere else in Wizard City, because if it's in another world, you're gonna need membership for it. There's no ranked in this new Arena, unless Kingsisle decides that, but it's just practice with the rules of darkmoor just taking out shadow spells, and you can CHOOSE if you want to remove critical or not. If people don't want to use these rules, they can simply continue to PvP in the normal Arena, it's your choice.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Isaac Frost on Feb 17, 2017 wrote:
They took out treasure cards, pets, amulets, I'm assuming if they restrict something that's equipped, it'd be the same thing or similar for restricting cards and whatnot, I'm all aboard the "dispel block" idea, but if somebody spams dispel every round, how will the dispel block work out? I don't even know what the dispel block is, is it a percentage? Or like something you put on like stun blocks? Or an aura like conviction? In other words what the new Arena is, well what I meant for it to be, is for it to be another PvP arena that exists somewhere else in Wizard City, because if it's in another world, you're gonna need membership for it. There's no ranked in this new Arena, unless Kingsisle decides that, but it's just practice with the rules of darkmoor just taking out shadow spells, and you can CHOOSE if you want to remove critical or not. If people don't want to use these rules, they can simply continue to PvP in the normal Arena, it's your choice.
I did mean the dispel block working the exact same as a stun block would. Sorry, I should of stated that before

Yep, agreed it is purely out of choice if players want to join this new form of pvp. I'm for it as long as it is done well. Nice pitch!

Nathan GreenEyes 80+ Hot in more ways than one (lol)