Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A new life spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
Greetings Wizards, I was wondering if Kingsisle could at least keep in mind that life could have a new spell. It can be worth 4-5 pips. Every other school has 4-5 hit all spells, but WE don't.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Kinglukee on Sep 3, 2014 wrote:
Greetings Wizards, I was wondering if Kingsisle could at least keep in mind that life could have a new spell. It can be worth 4-5 pips. Every other school has 4-5 hit all spells, but WE don't.
It's not true that all schools have 4-5. Fire and storm do, I think, but balance, my school does not.
As for life, you guys get heal all spells.

Survivor
May 21, 2009
Although it is true we get all heal spells, that can be a hinderance as well as a help! We're tough to beat, yes, but WE CANNOT BEAT ANY BOSS EASILY BECAUSE WE HAVE NO OFFENSIVE SPELLS! I would really like it if life's Satyr did damage, not healing, because we already have:
1. The pixie
2. Minor blessing
3. Sprite
4. Unicorn
So, I totally second that life should have a 4-5 pip spell.
KIMBERLY STORMBANE LVL 16

Survivor
May 21, 2009
While it is true that we have all the healing spells, that can be a hinderance as well as a help. We do not have any offensive spells. It would rock if we could have a 4-5 pip spell, and it would definately be fair to all the other schools. Being a life student is hard!
Kimberly Stormbane

Survivor
Jan 28, 2013
the life school needs a all hit move that is low ranked. something like meteor or blizzard, but for life students only

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
KimberlyStormbane on Sep 7, 2014 wrote:
Although it is true we get all heal spells, that can be a hinderance as well as a help! We're tough to beat, yes, but WE CANNOT BEAT ANY BOSS EASILY BECAUSE WE HAVE NO OFFENSIVE SPELLS! I would really like it if life's Satyr did damage, not healing, because we already have:
1. The pixie
2. Minor blessing
3. Sprite
4. Unicorn
So, I totally second that life should have a 4-5 pip spell.
KIMBERLY STORMBANE LVL 16
I agree with what you're saying, but definitely not satyr. I stopped using pixie, sprite, and unicorn after maybe level 25 or 30. Once you get to a higher level, satyr is so great and if you have good stats it can heal you a ton. I think maybe rebirth could be replaced by a damage spell to be honest.

Melissa Daydreamer

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Dragoncloud888 on Sep 6, 2014 wrote:
It's not true that all schools have 4-5. Fire and storm do, I think, but balance, my school does not.
As for life, you guys get heal all spells.
Yes you do. You have sandstorm.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Even though life school does not get a hit all spell as early as other schools, we do get one, Forest Lord. When you are the level to have that spell, you may find that all those low cost heals like pixie, sprite and unicorn make a comeback in your deck. While saving up 8 pips for Forest Lord and using your blades, traps, and sun spells to boost it for huge damage, the clothes you wear can boost those little heals to something very useful. At that level, you probably also have a chance at a critical heal, doubling those little spells healing power.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Kinglukee on Sep 3, 2014 wrote:
Death doesn't have a school taught 4-5 pip AoE spell either. Deer Knight doesnt count because it's not school taught (which is probably why they gave it to them via packs/crafting/loremaster)

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Robobot1747 on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:
Yes you do. You have sandstorm.
Come on, think about it. Sandstorm, power nova, ra...and......nothing else. We do not have 4 to 5 hit all spells, we only have three.....

Survivor
May 27, 2013
I have a bunch of life ideas and they are on a different comment page if you would like to but for the people who cant here you go :

Vineyard - deals 500+590 damage over 3 rounds, 500+900 healing over 3 rounds for the caster.
Animation - vines pop up and take over the ground, then they go to the enemy, and swirl around it then squeeze him/her. it forms a tangled, thick vine and plunges at the enemy.
Goddess' Love - heals you 50% of your health and casts sanctuary.
Animation - a goddess arises from the forest and uses the energy from her and the forest to heal you ( sacrificing herself for you ) then she turns into the forest and an enchantment is said: " I am not hear with you, but I am the forest"
Tree Harvest - deals 750-950 damage, 230+550 damage over 3 rounds
Animation - ( think of it as a life/earth hydra with more heads ) a life/earth hydra forms out of the jungle, then every head blows earth breath at the enemy then it uses its tail and swipes the enemy.
chris dawnmender
lvl 64

please modify damage because this was meant for other page but I copied pasted so thanks

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Life should get a "Mutate" type spell to use on the Unicorn Spell to turn in into an offensive, damage all spell.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Dragoncloud888 on Sep 13, 2014 wrote:
Come on, think about it. Sandstorm, power nova, ra...and......nothing else. We do not have 4 to 5 hit all spells, we only have three.....
No school has 4-5 AoEs. You get a 4 pip AoE.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
Survivor
Mar 02, 2013
I don't believe all school have 4-5 pip hit all spells. The first hit all spell that us Death wizards got was scarecrow, and that was worth 7 pips.

Paige ShadowHeart

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
School taught, 4-5 pip, AoE spells:

Balance - Sandstorm (4 Pips)
Death - none
Fire - Meteor Strike (4 pips), Scald (5 pips)
Ice - Blizzard (4 pips)
Life - none
Myth - Humungofrog (4 pips)
Storm - Tempest (X-pip)

Now, the argument many people love making is Deer knight. I agree with them on ONE part of their arguments:

it's a 5 pip pip AoE spell

Other than that, the arguments are wrong, and here's why:

1) It is NOT a school taught spell, which means it is NOT a guarantee; EVER.
2) As a Loremaster drop, there's no guarantee WHEN you will get it, only THAT you will get it (provided you have all the other spells first).
3) you can spend REAL money to buy crowns, then packs, for a CHANCE to get it
4) if you decide to craft it, you can't do so until the EARLIEST of Zafaria, which means that for MANY death wizards, getting the spell is only for completion's sake. To be a L70+ as a requirement to craft a 5 Pip spell is nuts.

None of the other spells require that kind of patience, real word cash, or crafting requirements. Sure, it's a USEFUL spell, but it's never a guarantee spell unless you craft it well outside of the range of usefullness (in many cases). The reason I bring this up is because people, MANY people on this forum, believe that Deer Knight is a suitable replacement for a 5-pip, school taught spell.... and it's not. Life and Death schools are both in this same boat when it comes to 4-5pip, school taught/guaranteed, AoE spells

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
paigeshadowheartz on Sep 18, 2014 wrote:
I don't believe all school have 4-5 pip hit all spells. The first hit all spell that us Death wizards got was scarecrow, and that was worth 7 pips.

Paige ShadowHeart
*Heavy metal music plays as a Deer Knight clobbers you for forgetting him*

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Robobot1747 on Sep 18, 2014 wrote:
*Heavy metal music plays as a Deer Knight clobbers you for forgetting him*
deer knight clobbers himself as he forgets he is not school taught and therefor, not guaranteed :P

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
dayerider on Sep 18, 2014 wrote:
School taught, 4-5 pip, AoE spells:

Balance - Sandstorm (4 Pips)
Death - none
Fire - Meteor Strike (4 pips), Scald (5 pips)
Ice - Blizzard (4 pips)
Life - none
Myth - Humungofrog (4 pips)
Storm - Tempest (X-pip)

Now, the argument many people love making is Deer knight. I agree with them on ONE part of their arguments:

it's a 5 pip pip AoE spell

Other than that, the arguments are wrong, and here's why:

1) It is NOT a school taught spell, which means it is NOT a guarantee; EVER.
2) As a Loremaster drop, there's no guarantee WHEN you will get it, only THAT you will get it (provided you have all the other spells first).
3) you can spend REAL money to buy crowns, then packs, for a CHANCE to get it
4) if you decide to craft it, you can't do so until the EARLIEST of Zafaria, which means that for MANY death wizards, getting the spell is only for completion's sake. To be a L70+ as a requirement to craft a 5 Pip spell is nuts.

None of the other spells require that kind of patience, real word cash, or crafting requirements. Sure, it's a USEFUL spell, but it's never a guarantee spell unless you craft it well outside of the range of usefullness (in many cases). The reason I bring this up is because people, MANY people on this forum, believe that Deer Knight is a suitable replacement for a 5-pip, school taught spell.... and it's not. Life and Death schools are both in this same boat when it comes to 4-5pip, school taught/guaranteed, AoE spells
Life and Death are in the same boat with getting AOE later, but they also need them the least. Once they get Scarecrow and Forest Lord, those become the only attack they use in day to day questing and both have no problems keeping alive. Myth is actually the one who got the short end on AOE spells. Myth is the only school where any other school can train all of it's AOE spells and they never get anything stronger than Frog. At least Life and Death AOE are more powerful. The 4 pip AOE spells that are available are available to all schools anyways.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Melissa Daydreamer on Sep 10, 2014 wrote:
I agree with what you're saying, but definitely not satyr. I stopped using pixie, sprite, and unicorn after maybe level 25 or 30. Once you get to a higher level, satyr is so great and if you have good stats it can heal you a ton. I think maybe rebirth could be replaced by a damage spell to be honest.

Melissa Daydreamer
yes I agree. I have a level 50 Life Wizard and I do believe we have enough heal spells for ourselves and any groups we join. I have a Trojan Horse that gives me Gnome spell 20 levels before I learn it, that's a big help but yes a DOT spell would be a big help, especially in solo fights.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on Sep 19, 2014 wrote:
Life and Death are in the same boat with getting AOE later, but they also need them the least. Once they get Scarecrow and Forest Lord, those become the only attack they use in day to day questing and both have no problems keeping alive. Myth is actually the one who got the short end on AOE spells. Myth is the only school where any other school can train all of it's AOE spells and they never get anything stronger than Frog. At least Life and Death AOE are more powerful. The 4 pip AOE spells that are available are available to all schools anyways.
I will certainly agree that Scarecrow rocks it quite nicely, and that Life and Dead are certainly the best schools for healing (when not counting pets). In the realm of 4-5 pip AoE spells, Deer Knight is available to all as well. As for Myth's AoE's being trainable by all, yes, that's true, but for many PvE players, training outside your primary school is a waste of training points in many cases. TCs would be more valuable than wasting TPs, and with prisms, every school has a primary and a secondary school built in.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
dayerider on Sep 20, 2014 wrote:
I will certainly agree that Scarecrow rocks it quite nicely, and that Life and Dead are certainly the best schools for healing (when not counting pets). In the realm of 4-5 pip AoE spells, Deer Knight is available to all as well. As for Myth's AoE's being trainable by all, yes, that's true, but for many PvE players, training outside your primary school is a waste of training points in many cases. TCs would be more valuable than wasting TPs, and with prisms, every school has a primary and a secondary school built in.
It's not just that they are trainable by all, it's the point that Myth never gets an AOE that does more than 325 damage. As for training points, we have excess training points as it is. I have 10 left after finishing Khrysalis on most of my wizards and that's with learning multiple secondary schools for utility spells. You have 45 points to spend through out the game up to level 100.

Defender
Apr 08, 2011
TucsonWizard on Sep 16, 2014 wrote:
Life should get a "Mutate" type spell to use on the Unicorn Spell to turn in into an offensive, damage all spell.
YES!!! That'd be amazing! Not just for Unicorn, but maybe something that would change a healing spell into an attack spell.

Melissa Daydreamer

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Robobot1747 on Sep 17, 2014 wrote:
No school has 4-5 AoEs. You get a 4 pip AoE.
Geez, I didn't know it meant pips, sorry about that.
But there are schools who have 4 AOE or 5 AOE spells, actually
But think about fire: scald, dragon, meteor, sun serpent, and rain of fire.
Fire has five, maybe more AOE spells.
So actually, some schools do have 4 or 5 AOE spells.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on Sep 20, 2014 wrote:
It's not just that they are trainable by all, it's the point that Myth never gets an AOE that does more than 325 damage. As for training points, we have excess training points as it is. I have 10 left after finishing Khrysalis on most of my wizards and that's with learning multiple secondary schools for utility spells. You have 45 points to spend through out the game up to level 100.
They still get more AoEs than death and life do, and that's really the point of this thread.... life asking for another one. The only reason I brought up death and DK is because what I said was true. If DK was a guaranteed spell, then life would be the only one without one and should get one.

Sure, we have tons of TP, and they offer a lot of variation, especially when we do secondary schools, but personally, I dont feel it's worth it, to waste TP on primary school spells when (without a mastery) it takes twice as many pips to use them. If a non myth wanted to use Earthquake, they'd need to use 12 pips to do so. not worth it for a spell than barely cracks 300 damage per enemy and costs 9 training points