Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A nerf in dispels

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
Dispels are nice in PvP, they can counter enemies and can really turn the tides in a match. However, the biggest problem I have with dispels are people who spam too much of them. I think that dispels should be ranged from 3-4 pips to root out all the spammers and add a more decisive element when using them.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Dispels are 2 pips right? Because 2 pips still seems like you need a tactical reason for them unless you've maxed out.Anyway I don't think dispels need a nerf because a player that know what he/she is doing can get around a dispell

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
The Wyrm on Aug 15, 2016 wrote:
Dispels are 2 pips right? Because 2 pips still seems like you need a tactical reason for them unless you've maxed out.Anyway I don't think dispels need a nerf because a player that know what he/she is doing can get around a dispell
Well since you think you know what you're doing. Tell me how I can counter a dispel if literally someone is spamming them every round. Yes, I'm talking about maxed out PvP where you can cast one every turn.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Lovasity on Aug 15, 2016 wrote:
Well since you think you know what you're doing. Tell me how I can counter a dispel if literally someone is spamming them every round. Yes, I'm talking about maxed out PvP where you can cast one every turn.
Dispel first. Cast an off school spell. For example if they are Spamming Storm Dispels on your Storm Wizard. Use a Freeze TC and then start returning the favor. You can also use an Offschool hit. If you use Elemental Blades and they think you're Storm (because you fizzled once or twice) give them a nice surprise when you hit them with a nice Efreet or Loremaster TC. Get a pet that has a maycast talent with that school symbol. For example, have a Spritely pet to get rid of Life Dispels or that Frankenbunny with Maycast current for Storm. There are a large number of Maycast spells to choose from, but it might take some work to get the perfect pet. I agree that dispels in PVP can be majorly annoying, but if you know what you're doing you can get around it. Change tactics- spam shields so that even if they do have your attacks blocked off, make sure they can't get a hit on you. I think if they were to make adjustments in just PVP it would be okay, but I don't think increasing Pip cost or altering Dispels in PVE is the thing to do. (Generally increasing the Pip cost for dispels, I don't think is the solution.) Those are just some ideas though.