Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A long List of Some Item/TC Card Buff ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 25, 2013
This game has a ton of TC's and Itemcards, and obviously some are better then others. With the revamps that had and will happen, I could see more TC being changed as well. This is mainly BUFFING some to be more useful to contend with the current meta TC/Itemcards used in PvP. I'm not nerfing the popular TC to be on par with the worse ones. Though I won't bother with being one to one, I will try to make their DPP (damage per pip) value make sense as well, though I'm not the best at math. Not many people use these spells in PvE, and some are on the borderline of being useful in PvP. So with some changes I could see the Variety of TC increase a ton! Some of these are out of nowhere and random, but these are just my thoughts.

Death Cyclops (Pet ItemCard)- 3 pips- 170-200 Death Damage, add 1 Trap
At first, normal Death Cyclops doesn't seem so bad. Compared to normal Cyclops it gives a free trap! So that extra pip makes sense. But 4 pips for that much utility isn't really worth it in my opinion. Compare it to Red Ghost or Rat Illusionist, both do the "same" job, but one obviously has way more value then the other. 2 pips for a hit and bubble, vs 4 pips for a hit and trap. That's why I think bringing Death Cyclops' total damage down to compensate for the pip value is the best choice. (Rockclops gives TWO traps, so I think those Archetype of cards should stay at 4.)
(Myth) Cat Thug (TC)- 3 pips- 305 Myth Damage, -35% accuracy
The Original was 5 pips for a single hit and a (25%) accuracy debuff. I think the main reason why the pips seem high was it's damage. Because a -25% debuff isn't the worst. I got rid of 90 damage to add a extra 10% on the debuff, then another 100 (Could also be 180) to make up for the lowered pip amount. Compared to it's balance spell counterpart, I think this is a fair buff. (The balance counterpart is 2 pips, hits, and puts on a weakness!)
Death Ninja Pig (Pet ItemCard) - 420 Death Damage -35% weakness
Maybe it's just me, but I feel 6 pips is INSANE for the original spell's utility. Yes, it's a bigger hit and it gives a weakness, but that's a lot of commitment. Compared to normal ninja pigs I feel 6 pips could be fine. But to use such a big amount, I think it needs more of a payoff, so I shaved off some damage and made the weakness more beefy.

Chivalrous Centaur (Jewel ItemCard)- Destroy shield before hitting
Not much to explain, but for the cost of a jewel slot I feel this spell could use more *oomph*.

Fire Beetle (TC)- 2 pips- 120 Fire Damage, single 30 or 35% trap on enemy.
Calm down calm down, I think it would be fair for the TC version to still keep it's utility, I mean there is Life/Death Scarab, and storm beetle out there. It's fair. I think just putting a single trap instead of taking it out of PvP completely is better. I think it's fine for the pet spells to still put a fuel on. But I think the TC's could change at least.

Life Banshee (Pet ItemCard)- 4 pips, 330 Life damage and a Trap, *OR* 3 pips, 250 Life damage and a trap.
Compared to Red Banshee, and the Myth Banshee I think this change really makes sense. I don't know if they did, but using the DPP they talked about, it looked like they shaved off 83 damage to make up for that trap, making the original card have 249 (250) damage. But Red Banshee is 275 damage, puts on a stronger trap, and is one less pip? To make up for that pip loss, this spell should either gain 83 damage, *or* lose a pip, making it 3.

Life Bat(Pet ItemCard)- 2 pips 90+85 heal for entire team
This spell feels like it's in a weird place to me. It's a AOE overtime which is great, but the heal is just so weak even for level 30s it doesn't feel like much. Now when you think of a low rank overtime, you think of Sprite. Sprite does 30+270, making it heal 300 to a single target. The original lifebat only does...100 with a extra pip?! I think bringing it up to 175 works, although it may seem higher as a AOE, you need to remember you can't enchant this spell or anything! And the initial hit doing more may be more useful in some situations then sprite. I'm not sure what the HPP (healing per pip) is, so this may seem jank, but I feel it's a needed buff.

Myth Leprechaun (Pet ItemCard)- 3 pips, 120 Myth Damage to ALL, reduce threat on ALL
This spell always seemed interesting? I mean using DPP they slapped off 90 damage to reduce the threat, which makes sense. But is reducing the threat really that useful or important for a card like this? Does reducing the threat really equal to the cost of taking off that damage? Even though this buff isn't much, I feel it's a least needed. It's not like you can enchant this card afterall. (With the DPP value the damage would be 113, but i put it up to 120. I hope I did the math right) This card could also just hit one target then reduce threat on all as well.

Noble Humungofrog (Pet ItemCard)- 5 pips- 75-425 Myth Damage overtime *OR* 6 pips, 500+100 overtime
I think myth having a overtime is awesome! I always loved this spell. But once again, I feel 6 pips is a big commitment. I think with this card, it's utility (the DOT) should be more focused on. BUT I do think this card could go two ways. For PvE having the cards first hit do the big amount makes sense to me, you can then use traps and such if needed of course. But for PvP where the overtime could be more useful, the first hit can stay weaker, making this a "myth frostbite" in a way. This spell is pretty much the same, just with a lower damage to keep that pip cost a bit lower.

Storm Cat (Pet ItemCard)- 5 pips- 325 Storm Damage, 40% to next storm spell.
I'll be honest, I like the original spell how it is. A meaty hit and a buff with it? Honestly I'm surprised it isn't 5 pips. (because using dpp the original is 520 for 4 pips, when it should been taken lower to compensate for the damage buff) But personally, you never really see this spell used, PvE and PvP. I think taking some of the damage off, and focusing it's value in the buff would be better. Afterall storm beetle is 1 pip, and kind of does the same thing, obviously just less damage. But using it for a big buff will actually have it contend with the beetle, even if it's pips are way higher. 40% may seem like a lot, but you get equal value to beetle this way at least.

Storman (Pet ItemCard)- 3 pips- 290 Storm damage, +30% Storm Bubble
This is a good spell, and honestly I'm surprised I NEVER see it used. There is actually a item card that already has these stats (From the Keen Bill Amulet), but the pet version is weaker. If the amulet can get away with it, I don't see why the pet can't!

Obsidian Colossus (TC)- 5 pips- 340 Balance damage, -30/35 weakness
Pretty much the same deal as the pigs, I feel this spell could either lose a pip and damage for the value, or trade damage for a bigger weakness.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wanted to get more TC's in here, but honestly I couldn't find many underpowered ones. But either way this was fun to look through! And I know the DPP had gotten a little random as the years went on in the game, so it's fair why some cards have weird values. I just used the current DPP to help me think of the damage values. I wouldn't even be surprised if my math was all wrong! But hopefully my ideas at least got across. Thanks a ton for reading through!