Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A lock for plants

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
The game has so many interesting plants that make great decorations. It would cost to much energy to plant them just for fun.
Can we get a lock for plants that keep them from giving us anything and they won't require any energy?
I have eight house and I could spend months choosing special plants for each one.
mattie114

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Second Spring spell will revert plants from Elder to Adult form in looks only. It will never have needs again. You can still harvest it whenever you like and get the Elder harvest, but if you just want the plant for it's looks, just use Second spring on it when it's Elder and then leave it alone.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
It's called Second Spring. Also, it doesn't take much energy for gardening as long as you don't visit your plants constantly.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I agree that we should be able to lock a plant's status for aesthetic purposes. People are quick to forget that plants are also decorations, not just harvest fodder. Right now, only a few people actually try to use plants as decorations, because the plants inevitably will develop needs (from other users viewing them via tour) or the plants will mature and go elder-transparent (which may not be what the house master intends). Locks would just make sure the plant stays inert, thus adding a new dimension to house decoration.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
The Second Spring spell is found in Avalon with the Abbey Road gardener. It requires a fairly high gardening level. I don't know if it exists as a treasure card. Anyone ever get it that way?

I never knew people on the castle tours could also affect your plants. Surprising but very interesting. Anyone have plants die from being on tours? Is it a way to hurry plants to elder?

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Here's why Second Spring isn't good enough: some folks want to preserve wilting plants. SS does nothing to keep plants in that state. Plant lock (or some other utility spell) is necessary to give people this functionality.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Fascinating, preserving wilting plants. I'm intrigued by what decorating theme you have going there which calls for them. Dead plants for a death house, no problem, but wilted ones, that is tricky. Where would you use them? Desert house? Fire house?
Maybe there could be a new seed for a plant that would always look sickly and withered. Would that fill the need for you?

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Calamity Finch on Sep 16, 2014 wrote:
Fascinating, preserving wilting plants. I'm intrigued by what decorating theme you have going there which calls for them. Dead plants for a death house, no problem, but wilted ones, that is tricky. Where would you use them? Desert house? Fire house?
Maybe there could be a new seed for a plant that would always look sickly and withered. Would that fill the need for you?
It's not any of my houses, but I have seen people who like wilting couch potatoes (which look a bit zombified) and a few other plants in the Death House. It's pretty creepy.

If there were deco-only seeds, I don't know if anyone would buy them. Maybe, if they never manifest needs.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Lucas Rain on Sep 17, 2014 wrote:
It's not any of my houses, but I have seen people who like wilting couch potatoes (which look a bit zombified) and a few other plants in the Death House. It's pretty creepy.

If there were deco-only seeds, I don't know if anyone would buy them. Maybe, if they never manifest needs.
I wasn't thinking of decorator only seeds; non-gardening housing plants like the dead trees are already around, though maybe they could use more small dead looking plants which are just furniture. I was thinking more of plants that would have the desired look of the wilted ones when they are healthy. Then second spring spell could keep them with the desired look.

So a new seed for Zombie Couch Potatoes, looking zombie and watching a horror show on t.v. might work? I can imagine their t.v. with a jacob's ladder electric arc creeping up the antenna. I know there are Dead Beats seeds. Do you think more death type seeds would help?