Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A letter to KI: Housing magic updates- BE CAREFUL!

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2015
Dear KI,

As someone who is greatly enjoying this new castle expansion, I write this to you with deep concern for the future development of this content.

As someone who has spent close to 100 hours just making things looking Perfect in their homes, I am deeply afraid of future changes. Why?

ANYTHING that is changed that involves changing the effect of a treasure card, housing item for magic, or the placement of said items can and will disrupt SOMETHING a player has set up.

Example: Perhaps one of the most difficult things I've done thus far is decorating/setting up the gazebo type structure on the outside part of the myth house that has floating pieces of land leading to it. It is currently set up perfectly, a feat that has taken me at LEAST 10 hours of my free time to make correct with an absurd number of effects ranging from directional, "move close to me," teleport here," and all those sometimes even with items that have been raised or lowed before applying an effect to something for appropriate locations.

Now, while I would prefer this process not take as long as it does, I am happy with the out come and at present have nothing to complain else to complain about.

However...

If something were to change that changed a spells effects or placement of anything, this would not be a one or two step fix. It would be over 100, effectively making those hours a waste. This would be personally devastating to me.

I am not the only wizard who is worried about this. And I'm sure there are a hand full of wizards who should be, but are blissfully unaware.

Examples of risks:

Cardinal directions: I'm pretty sure that you have your cardinal directions messed up. I think east is going west and west is going east. If I am correct and you change this, you can NOT change the effect.

Future solution: You have to change simply the TEXT on the TC that does that action. If you actually change the movement itself, disaster occurs.

Latency of disappearing or appearing (though the latter is yet to exist.) While I would have liked to see something like "fade in" and "fade out," they do not exist and my set ups have not only worked around this, but also made use of the fade out look that goes with making invisible, a counterpart that doesn't exist with making invisible.

Future solution: Again, changing the description of the TC, as well as adding new TC.

New TC: "turn object visible with Fade In" & "turn object invisible withOUT fade out"

Old text updated on current TC: "turn object visible withOUT Fade In" & "turn object invisible with Fade Out"

(Read that as many times as you need to, I had to)

Conclusion: Trying to adjust the present effect of any TC is not an acceptable solution. The only correct way to make changes is to add more TC.

I have been burned many times in the past by this game and the company. Please do not make a future decision that takes away what feels like the one thing I have left in it. Or at the very least, has rekindled a love once lost.