Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Few Ajustments Here and There

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
Many issues have been aroused with the Second Arc concerning difficulty, rewards, time factors, etc. I think there are a few things that can be done to make things better or at least make things less stressful for some.

-Difficulty is a noteable problem for some in the 2nd Arc but unfortunately, sometimes I feel this is just how it's going to be for this Arc. I wouldn't mind some kind of either power up for the Wizards. These are some options I have thought of:
1.) improved the dropped gear as many have said.
2.) create more variety in the "Epic Dropped Gear" (e.i. Waterworks Gear). Some have posed the idea that with Waterworks Gear being the best gear currently and anyone can farm to get it, this allows for dropped gear to slowing lose value. I don't thing gear like Waterworks Gear should have any affect on regular dropped gear. At some point in the future updates, dropped gear in the 2nd Arc (especial between Avalon and Azteca as the distance between stats is not great) should be adjusted to better fit the levels. More gear with similar stats to the Waterworks gear, at lower or higher intervals, should be provided in the other 3 (6 if you'd like to count Sunken City, Tomb of the Beguiler, and Kensington Park) hard dungeons: BriskBreeze Tower, Spiral Geographic, and Tower of the Helephant. Many of the gear here have been left to be desired; the BriskBreeze Tower having none.
3.) Create better rewards around the quest lines. Something I've noticed in Pirate101 and occasionally in the 1st Arc is that every so often a quest will provide a new form of weapon or gear. I have seen this in Avalon and Azteca but the gear could use a slight power adjustment. It would be excellent if every school could get something suited to their focus instead of one universal gear. But to see some kind of reward or incentive back every so often makes quests for some (and maybe even all) more worthwhile.

Something I just would like to suggest of the Staff of Wizard101 is one:
1.) Is it possible we can see more Staff member on the Message Boards? Professor Greyrose and Professor Falmea with her FeedBack Friday have doing a great job, but I would like to see more staff to answer any concerns or questions of the community so it is not just them. The lead writer to the story and lead manager for bugs, gameplay, loot table, spells, etc. I feel should come out (similar to Pirate101's Blind Mew, One-Eyed Jack and Ratbeard if possible)
2.) When the final world to Morganthe's Arc is released, can a letter be posted that answers a lot of the why's to the game? As in why the leaps of difficulty, slowly depleting gear stats, where the story was going, even early development of it and the overall intent of the 2nd Arc (I think there may be more to it then just providing something for us to do). For me, if this was done, I would be most pleased if nothing else.

Thanks for reading!