Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A faster way to get to friends

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
26
It would be nice if we had a view in the friends list where it shows a list of where our friends currently are, versus clicking teleport to see their location one by one. This way, if you wanted something fun to do, or just wanted to go hang out, you could conveniently see where people are and teleport to them. Thanks.

Scarlet WinterHeart
Anna Haven

Administrator
The Legacy on Sep 25, 2019 wrote:
It would be nice if we had a view in the friends list where it shows a list of where our friends currently are, versus clicking teleport to see their location one by one. This way, if you wanted something fun to do, or just wanted to go hang out, you could conveniently see where people are and teleport to them. Thanks.

Scarlet WinterHeart
Anna Haven
I like this idea! Always nice to have more ways to connect with your friends.

Illuminator
Mar 31, 2009
1271
Another thing that I think would be beneficial is make it easier to teleport to begin with. Currently right now, when I try to play with my little cousins (age 6 or so) it's hard for them to teleport to me, because they have to navigate to the Friends tab, find my character and then click the Go to Friend button, followed by the Yes, they're sure. In the Friend tab, other than maybe the chat buttons, I feel the teleport button is the most utilized so maybe we could make it easier to access? (Shows up right by the friend?) Or maybe even have an option to REQUEST that someone Teleports TO YOU. That might be a nice feature, especially for those that have younger players or a lot of friends on their friend list.

Survivor
May 06, 2013
20
Good idea :) . Plus get rid of no porting into dungeons . How can friends get help when you try to port and it says " sorry your friend is busy now". The same goes to what if your friend is not as far as you on a dungeon quest and need your help.

Historian
Feb 12, 2015
674
jetlightning on Sep 27, 2019 wrote:
Good idea :) . Plus get rid of no porting into dungeons . How can friends get help when you try to port and it says " sorry your friend is busy now". The same goes to what if your friend is not as far as you on a dungeon quest and need your help.
But some dungeons are meant to not be ported into, specifically the "Gauntlet" type dungeons. Dungeons that others can't port into are classified as gauntlets, and I'd personally prefer it if they stayed that way.

Survivor
May 06, 2013
20
Lookit Light on Sep 27, 2019 wrote:
But some dungeons are meant to not be ported into, specifically the "Gauntlet" type dungeons. Dungeons that others can't port into are classified as gauntlets, and I'd personally prefer it if they stayed that way.
I don't mean those dungeons. You're right gauntlet ones should stay the same. :)

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
26
exp613 on Sep 26, 2019 wrote:
Another thing that I think would be beneficial is make it easier to teleport to begin with. Currently right now, when I try to play with my little cousins (age 6 or so) it's hard for them to teleport to me, because they have to navigate to the Friends tab, find my character and then click the Go to Friend button, followed by the Yes, they're sure. In the Friend tab, other than maybe the chat buttons, I feel the teleport button is the most utilized so maybe we could make it easier to access? (Shows up right by the friend?) Or maybe even have an option to REQUEST that someone Teleports TO YOU. That might be a nice feature, especially for those that have younger players or a lot of friends on their friend list.
I think this would be a nice option for users who are True Friends or who are from an account in their family of accounts. Would be nice to be able to pull your characters to you if you are playing with a sibling or a grandparent.