Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A couple new dorm and house ideas

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
ok everyone to me the dorms are too small. I think that it should have a second story!
if you look up there is a line across the wall of the dorm and i think there should be another floor up there. we could have stairs go around the dorm to get up there. it would be same size as bottom floor but i would still like to see it!
also for housing i think that we should have maps for our houses!
it would show the basic map for the type of house we have and those little chat bubble arrows that have words in them would be blank and we could type in what we want! (appropriate of course) for example i could type in one of them Pet Playhouse Room and it would show on the map when people see the map.
there should be a map for inside and outside. hope you all like my ideas plz comment :D

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
There is a second floor to the Dorms. There's another dorm room there, but someone else uses it (what, you mean you didn't notice the long hallway you had to head down to get to your Dorm room? Did you just teleport straight into your room or something?).

The dorms are small, but they are free. You can, however, purchase a MUCH bigger house, which will have both an outdoor and an indoor area. In fact, there's a Housing shop in Wizard City that sells not just one but TWO shiny houses! (and there's a House shop in all cities except Grizzleheim and Celestia - Celestia doesn't have houses, yet, and Grizzleheim's houses are in the crown shop and recipe area, respectively)

Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
Bookshelvings wrote:
There is a second floor to the Dorms. There's another dorm room there, but someone else uses it (what, you mean you didn't notice the long hallway you had to head down to get to your Dorm room? Did you just teleport straight into your room or something?).

The dorms are small, but they are free. You can, however, purchase a MUCH bigger house, which will have both an outdoor and an indoor area. In fact, there's a Housing shop in Wizard City that sells not just one but TWO shiny houses! (and there's a House shop in all cities except Grizzleheim and Celestia - Celestia doesn't have houses, yet, and Grizzleheim's houses are in the crown shop and recipe area, respectively)

i mean in OUR dorm room we should have two stories and i know about the houses its just an idea if they wanted to make our dorm rooms bigger. and i am not talking about the ceiling of our dorm i am talking about the halfway mark from our dorm floor to the ceiling that there should be another floor there we can use stairs to get up to and put furniture there too.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
If you're familiar with the Rug & Crate Glitch, you can use it to access the higher level of the dorm to put furniture up there.

Explorer
Apr 20, 2009
cruzdude wrote:
If you're familiar with the Rug & Crate Glitch, you can use it to access the higher level of the dorm to put furniture up there.

thanks i know how to do it so ill try it :D

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
cruzdude wrote:
how

Defender
Oct 24, 2009
kwikkar wrote:
cruzdude wrote:

thanks i know how to do it so ill try it :D
i dont please explain

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
OK i thought the houses you buy from the crown shop are extremely cool but they feel like they are missing something. i mean the backgrounds and stuff are cool but i thought there should be house extensions hidden throughout the spiral. what i mean is that the are certain vendors in places that will sell small house extensions like for houses like the ice house you could by a path down to that river in a cave like in the cave of solitude. another example for ice house is a bridge that will take you two the frost giants mouth to a room inside.
i don't think these need to cost crowns but maybe large amounts of money. you also have to be a certain level to do this also you cant craft them. i have listed ideas for the other houses too.

fire house: fire pit inside the basement of the house that will lead too a lower room with a room of a fire pit that you can see images of fire creatures.

storm house: at the end of the cave outside you go to the far away rock island thing and there will be at tower too the storm above. :) :D

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
TARIKTARIK wrote:
OK i thought the houses you buy from the crown shop are extremely cool but they feel like they are missing something. i mean the backgrounds and stuff are cool but i thought there should be house extensions hidden throughout the spiral. what i mean is that the are certain vendors in places that will sell small house extensions like for houses like the ice house you could by a path down to that river in a cave like in the cave of solitude. another example for ice house is a bridge that will take you two the frost giants mouth to a room inside.
i don't think these need to cost crowns but maybe large amounts of money. you also have to be a certain level to do this also you cant craft them. i have listed ideas for the other houses too.

fire house: fire pit inside the basement of the house that will lead too a lower room with a room of a fire pit that you can see images of fire creatures.

storm house: at the end of the cave outside you go to the far away rock island thing and there will be at tower too the storm above. :) :D
I LOVE IT!!!!! for death house there should be a graveyard that leads down into a misty room
-and life should get like a leaf that is like a big bidge that leads to a big nest
-balance should get a ramp to the other village houses on the ledges
-OH OH OH and myth should get a ant gravity hammer ledge(you can go upside down on it