Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Choice

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
In Wizard City, you were taken in by Merle Ambrose and told Malistaire was evil and mad. In Krokotopia, this is reaffirmed by his pursuit of the Krokonomicon. And again in Marleybone, where he teams up with criminals. Then in Mooshu where he poisons the Jade Emperor for access to Dragonspyre. And in Dragonspyre, we learn that all of these were lies and deceptions. He simply needed to go to Krokotopia and distract Ravenwood with his minions there. Then in Krokotopia, he pursued the one chance he knew of to have his beloved back. Again in Marleybone, turning to even criminals in desperation. In Mooshu he needed but one more thing to be with his wife again and in his rage he poisoned the emperor. And in Dragonspyre, he raises her again only to be defeated and join her in death.

Then in the second arc, Marleybonians and Celestians are in distress because of the wicked witch Morganthe seeking power from Celestia. Then in Zafaria, she ransacked the world for only a mere deck of spells. In Avalon, she schemes with her brother to steal the crown and the Sword of Kings before you can. In Azteca, she harnesses some of the oldest beings in the Spiral to help her rewrite it while destroying a lost world. And in Khrysalis, she is revealed as Queen of the Shadow Web and almost succeeds in rewriting the Spiral in her fit of rage and power. But the truth? She was curious, and magic that was lost or forbidden intrigued her. When she dabbled, she was punished, and one day she had her magic ripped from her. In desperation, she sought new magic to replace the old in Celestia, and was shunned again. Then she tried to refind her lost deck, to practise magic again. Then, of fear that you and Merle would see her powerless again, she protected herself with the Sword of Kings. Then she tried to remake the Spiral where all magic flourished, beneath a Shadow throne where she would finally have power again.

In the first arc, it involved very few people and very limited motives. But in the second, Morganthe asks repeatedly why we side with Merle over her. And well... Why do we? Granted, Morganthe went a little over the top in Khrysalis, but she just wanted to learn. Whereas the cold institutions of Ravenwood and the Council of Light wanted things kept strict and hidden. Now, in the third arc, we have Old Cob, who has in just a couple of encounters asked us to not defy him and to either be neutral or with him. In my opinion, the third arc is a great diverging point. We return the Desert Star to Mirage and thwart the Scorpion. Then defeat the Bat in Empyrea. Then face whatever else Old Cob has for allies in the Hidden Lands. Then finally, in what I presume is the FirstWorld; we defeat Old Cob in the Broken Shores. Then what?

We've seen Shadow released, with a possible new school in the Arcanum's caged door, and yet Merle isn't eager for this to be spread. In the Arcanum, we learn and teach. Outside of it, we choose to aid Tree, do nothing with Raven, or stand up for Spider.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Blaze Sandblade on Oct 16, 2016 wrote:
In Wizard City, you were taken in by Merle Ambrose and told Malistaire was evil and mad. In Krokotopia, this is reaffirmed by his pursuit of the Krokonomicon. And again in Marleybone, where he teams up with criminals. Then in Mooshu where he poisons the Jade Emperor for access to Dragonspyre. And in Dragonspyre, we learn that all of these were lies and deceptions. He simply needed to go to Krokotopia and distract Ravenwood with his minions there. Then in Krokotopia, he pursued the one chance he knew of to have his beloved back. Again in Marleybone, turning to even criminals in desperation. In Mooshu he needed but one more thing to be with his wife again and in his rage he poisoned the emperor. And in Dragonspyre, he raises her again only to be defeated and join her in death.

Then in the second arc, Marleybonians and Celestians are in distress because of the wicked witch Morganthe seeking power from Celestia. Then in Zafaria, she ransacked the world for only a mere deck of spells. In Avalon, she schemes with her brother to steal the crown and the Sword of Kings before you can. In Azteca, she harnesses some of the oldest beings in the Spiral to help her rewrite it while destroying a lost world. And in Khrysalis, she is revealed as Queen of the Shadow Web and almost succeeds in rewriting the Spiral in her fit of rage and power. But the truth? She was curious, and magic that was lost or forbidden intrigued her. When she dabbled, she was punished, and one day she had her magic ripped from her. In desperation, she sought new magic to replace the old in Celestia, and was shunned again. Then she tried to refind her lost deck, to practise magic again. Then, of fear that you and Merle would see her powerless again, she protected herself with the Sword of Kings. Then she tried to remake the Spiral where all magic flourished, beneath a Shadow throne where she would finally have power again.

In the first arc, it involved very few people and very limited motives. But in the second, Morganthe asks repeatedly why we side with Merle over her. And well... Why do we? Granted, Morganthe went a little over the top in Khrysalis, but she just wanted to learn. Whereas the cold institutions of Ravenwood and the Council of Light wanted things kept strict and hidden. Now, in the third arc, we have Old Cob, who has in just a couple of encounters asked us to not defy him and to either be neutral or with him. In my opinion, the third arc is a great diverging point. We return the Desert Star to Mirage and thwart the Scorpion. Then defeat the Bat in Empyrea. Then face whatever else Old Cob has for allies in the Hidden Lands. Then finally, in what I presume is the FirstWorld; we defeat Old Cob in the Broken Shores. Then what?

We've seen Shadow released, with a possible new school in the Arcanum's caged door, and yet Merle isn't eager for this to be spread. In the Arcanum, we learn and teach. Outside of it, we choose to aid Tree, do nothing with Raven, or stand up for Spider.
First off, I love how in depth you go and you do a great job of story telling! Anyway, let's be honest. We graduated! We left Ravenwood and moved to the Arcanum, Ambrose is the head of Ravenwood. Merle is no longer our headmaster, I find it hard to believe he will be the one continuing to make us go to these worlds and to do these things. I see no signs of any headmaster in the Arcanum, so who is the new headmaster? Who will be the one to put us out on these quests?

And from what I gather.....no one. Other then people telling us what world to explore (because KI can't make twenty worlds at once and just have players decide where to go) we will make the choices. We will be the ones to decide if we defeat cob or join him. Sure people will urge us to join one side or the other, but we don't listen to anyone. We are our own headmasters now.

Alexander Dragondreamer 110
Alexander Stormdreamer 105

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
XaZeRs on Oct 17, 2016 wrote:
First off, I love how in depth you go and you do a great job of story telling! Anyway, let's be honest. We graduated! We left Ravenwood and moved to the Arcanum, Ambrose is the head of Ravenwood. Merle is no longer our headmaster, I find it hard to believe he will be the one continuing to make us go to these worlds and to do these things. I see no signs of any headmaster in the Arcanum, so who is the new headmaster? Who will be the one to put us out on these quests?

And from what I gather.....no one. Other then people telling us what world to explore (because KI can't make twenty worlds at once and just have players decide where to go) we will make the choices. We will be the ones to decide if we defeat cob or join him. Sure people will urge us to join one side or the other, but we don't listen to anyone. We are our own headmasters now.

Alexander Dragondreamer 110
Alexander Stormdreamer 105
While there's no Headmaster, it appears that Ione Virga is somewhat in charge. I don't really see there being much in the way of choices. We are just initiates. Each school Scholar is still an authority figure and they will likely be the ones giving us missions in the same way professors did at Ravenwood.

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
seethe42 on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:
While there's no Headmaster, it appears that Ione Virga is somewhat in charge. I don't really see there being much in the way of choices. We are just initiates. Each school Scholar is still an authority figure and they will likely be the ones giving us missions in the same way professors did at Ravenwood.
My storm just went through the Arcanum and having read this before hand I paid attention more carefully. Although I don't fully agree Ione is in charge, the other scholars seem to be frightened by her and just go with what she says. I know my original idea seemed farfetched but it makes sense. It seems as if Ione has been a scholar the longest. Baba Yaga and maybe Fitzhume are the only ones who aren't afraid of her. However, there still isn't a headmaster and the professors never really gave us missions, but rather directed us where Ambrose told us to go. Whether we are making a choice or not, the story structure shall be very different then it was and should be interesting to see how Mirage plays out.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
XaZeRs on Oct 25, 2016 wrote:
My storm just went through the Arcanum and having read this before hand I paid attention more carefully. Although I don't fully agree Ione is in charge, the other scholars seem to be frightened by her and just go with what she says. I know my original idea seemed farfetched but it makes sense. It seems as if Ione has been a scholar the longest. Baba Yaga and maybe Fitzhume are the only ones who aren't afraid of her. However, there still isn't a headmaster and the professors never really gave us missions, but rather directed us where Ambrose told us to go. Whether we are making a choice or not, the story structure shall be very different then it was and should be interesting to see how Mirage plays out.
When someone tells me to do something, directly and without option, that's the same thing. I don't see any difference in tone between Ambrose and the Scholars. They don't ask us to go anywhere, they don't point us in a possible direction, they tell us exactly where to go, who to talk to, what to tell them, who to fight... exactly like Ambrose.