Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A bunch of neat new ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 06, 2009
Hi, this is the first time HERE on this forum, but i've been around for a long time ( since after the Dragonspyre update ) but i've decided to start using this forum.

Well, here are some of the new ideas i thought of, tell me what you think.

Ms. Mits Hair Salon

This place could be located across from the housing shop in the Shopping district, a hair salon held by an Octopus Lady named Ms. Mits. Here you can change your hair design and give it different colors and shapes, giving it a bit more customization. You can even choose no hair if you'd like lol.

Dark Magic

Dark Magic spell are kind of like interrupt spells, you cant use them in PVP but you can use them elsewhere. They can be things like, if your opponent uses a weakness interrupt with cleanse charm. Or if they attack this target hit them all for 200 or something. The danger to these spells is that every time you use them, you gain a penalty. These could be like slow health regeneration, slow movement, or even health loss in battles. The penalty raises with how much you use Dark Magic, to the point where your health could be halved with the use of one.

Pet Adventure Park

This is like a large area where you can play as your pet and explore around. To enter you need at least a Teen pet. You control them normally, just like your wizard. Here you can chat, trade treasure cards, and even battle with other peoples pets. Your pet knows a natural attack and even normal spells if they win enough battles. Any pet spells that the give appear in their deck do appear, and if they have a May Cast talent the casted spell appears in their deck, for example a pet with Spritely is given sprite in their deck. You can upgrade your pets health with pet equipment and depending on their level. There are also enemies like lost souls and skelatal pirates that appear in a battle arena area for pets to join in fights. Pet battle are just like normal duels. You cannot switch your pet inside as you have to leave and come back with the new pet, to avoid confusion and unfairness when fighting an opponent that switches before a fight.

Ambrose Battle

After reaching a certain point in the game, you can fight Ambrose. He's incredibly powerful and can cast many different interrupts. The rewards are great if you manage to defeat him.

Shooting Star Armor

This is a full body armor that increases your speed. The maximum speed you aquire with this is either 12 or 24 depending on which one you buy. ( this means either +4 or +8 per equipment.

Berserker Swords

These swords are incredibly large and powerful, giving critical chance and 2 power pips at the start.

Shields

Rather than a wand, you can get a sheild that gives small shields instead of wisps.

New Minions

Here are some new minions for each school;

Death: Forgotten Spectar, 1050 health, 6 pips

You summon a Specter to help you, it casts plague, infection, and weakness. It knows mild death attack spells like banshee and vampire and can use curse.

Life: Forest Spirit, 1200 health, 6 pips

You summon a Forest Spirit to help you, it casts sprite, Unicorn, and pixie ( more often than the previous minion ) guiding light, and has a natural attack that varies with pips. it can also use life blade on others.

Myth: Living Armor, 1050 health, 6 pips

You summon Living Armor to help you, it casts several traps including hex, curse, and myth trap. It can remove shields and traps. It also knows a natural attack that varies with pips.

Balance: Sand Behemoth, 1160 health, 6 pips

You summon a Sand Behemoth to help you, it casts various balance blades and donate power. It also can use reshuffle and occasionally sandstorm.

Fire: Blazing Demon, 1000 health, 6 pips

You summon a Demon to help you, it can use several mild fire spells and can use steal charm. It also casts fire blades.

Ice: Deadly Gingerbread, 1300 health, 6 pips

You summon a Deadly Gingerbread to help you, it casts tower shield and steal charm. It can hit enemies with a natural attack and can also cast ice blades.

Storm: Cyclone Elemental, 900 health, 6 pips.

You summon a Cyclone Elemental to help you, it casts storm blade and windstorm, it can also use cleanse charm and attack with several storm attacks.

Battle Stances

You can choose how you stand in a battle, either the classial position, standing, crouching, or feirce. This also affects the animation you use to cast spells.

5th battle circle

There is a 5th battle circle in a duel that people can join in on.

Stasis

You can set yourself in a stasis that no one can interact or talk with you, nor can enemies drag you into fights or people port to you. Its mainly for when you need to do something and dont want people to wonder what you are doing just standing there.

Teacher Battles

For one of your spells, you'll need to fight your teachers. Cyrus will be much stronger than last time.

And thats pretty much all i have for know! thanks for taking time to read this :)

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
I like most of your ideas. They are well thought out too. In addition to stasis, i would like a "temporary disconnect" option, for when you need to be afk for more than a few minutes. I really get annoyed having to quit and reload everytime I need to check the laundry or eat lunch! On the other hand, the game can be crowded, so it makes sense that it would automatically disconnect nonactive players. A temporary disconnect/reconnect option would resolve both problems. I have a few ideas too!

I think it would be great to have a hair salon somewhere in the spiral. Changing color and styles would be fun. But it could be taken farther too. Why not elixers that change eyes, ears, and hands? They could be merely cosmetic, or give extra powers for a while. For example, dragon eyes that would allow you to have a glimpse of your opponents spells (not in pvp of course); frog fingers which allow you to have an extra card in your spell hand; snake ears (lol - or corn ears?) allow you to hear when your plants need attention, etc.

I love outfits with capes. In my not-so-humble opinion there aren't enough of them. So, here is my solution: a new kind of equipment shop opens throughout the Spiral, selling cape-abilities. Yes capes with added features. Once purchased, they are added to the current outfit, or replace the existing cape on the outfit. They might give extra mana, life, criticals, blocks, traps, shields, towers, etc. Like other apparel, they would be level and/or school related. Of course the cape-abilities would add a touch of style and dash to the wizard's look too!

I also wonder if it would be possible to choose to be left-handed when setting up a new wizard. So much effort went into allowing for diversity, this seems a natural one to me.

I always feel sad when I choose to ride a mount, that my pet disappears. OK i know that is silly, really I do, but there it is, I am sad that my pets miss some of the fun. So, how about jump-seats for pets? Or maybe ride-along-leashes, sidebar brooms, perches, bubbles? Anyway I think that would be fun.

Next, I would like to be able to do a little "street magic;" just little silly spells that are not related to fighting or duelling. They probably should use energy rather than mana, or it could get out of hand. Imagine flowers and leaves floating after life wizards, or leaving flaming footprints for a few paces as fire wizards move along. Ice wizards could trail snow, and storm wizards flash lightning, as balance leaves a wake of blowing golden sand and death wizards trail moaning ash and vapor. At a party, the host could cast sparkle confetti, and strobe lights. Color change allows you to slowly shimmer in a variety of colors, chameleon lets you fade into the background when you stand still. Fireworks, butterflies, tiny wildclaws, and schools of fish run, float, or flash by. Mini streetmagic cards could be available for crowns, gold, or dropped during battles. After all, what wizard would not want to be able to show off a little between fighting, questing, and duelling?

Survivor
Feb 06, 2009
Yrasoreva wrote:
I like most of your ideas. They are well thought out too. In addition to stasis, i would like a "temporary disconnect" option, for when you need to be afk for more than a few minutes. I really get annoyed having to quit and reload everytime I need to check the laundry or eat lunch! On the other hand, the game can be crowded, so it makes sense that it would automatically disconnect nonactive players. A temporary disconnect/reconnect option would resolve both problems. I have a few ideas too!

I think it would be great to have a hair salon somewhere in the spiral. Changing color and styles would be fun. But it could be taken farther too. Why not elixers that change eyes, ears, and hands? They could be merely cosmetic, or give extra powers for a while. For example, dragon eyes that would allow you to have a glimpse of your opponents spells (not in pvp of course); frog fingers which allow you to have an extra card in your spell hand; snake ears (lol - or corn ears?) allow you to hear when your plants need attention, etc.

That would be fairly interesting, espeially if you used them all at once XD

I love outfits with capes. In my not-so-humble opinion there aren't enough of them. So, here is my solution: a new kind of equipment shop opens throughout the Spiral, selling cape-abilities. Yes capes with added features. Once purchased, they are added to the current outfit, or replace the existing cape on the outfit. They might give extra mana, life, criticals, blocks, traps, shields, towers, etc. Like other apparel, they would be level and/or school related. Of course the cape-abilities would add a touch of style and dash to the wizard's look too!

I suppose, but what would happen to all the robes with capes already?

I also wonder if it would be possible to choose to be left-handed when setting up a new wizard. So much effort went into allowing for diversity, this seems a natural one to me.

I like this idea

I always feel sad when I choose to ride a mount, that my pet disappears. OK i know that is silly, really I do, but there it is, I am sad that my pets miss some of the fun. So, how about jump-seats for pets? Or maybe ride-along-leashes, sidebar brooms, perches, bubbles? Anyway I think that would be fun.

Hamster ball wraiths lol this one would be funny

Next, I would like to be able to do a little "street magic;" just little silly spells that are not related to fighting or duelling. They probably should use energy rather than mana, or it could get out of hand. Imagine flowers and leaves floating after life wizards, or leaving flaming footprints for a few paces as fire wizards move along. Ice wizards could trail snow, and storm wizards flash lightning, as balance leaves a wake of blowing golden sand and death wizards trail moaning ash and vapor. At a party, the host could cast sparkle confetti, and strobe lights. Color change allows you to slowly shimmer in a variety of colors, chameleon lets you fade into the background when you stand still. Fireworks, butterflies, tiny wildclaws, and schools of fish run, float, or flash by. Mini streetmagic cards could be available for crowns, gold, or dropped during battles. After all, what wizard would not want to be able to show off a little between fighting, questing, and duelling?

In all honesty if it were pet energy i would not use them. Its too much to have pet leveling AND gardening use the energy to add a third. Mana would be fine, with maybe a time limit on how often you can use them.

I put my responses under each idea.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
Omega97 wrote:
Yrasoreva wrote:

That would be fairly interesting, espeially if you used them all at once XD

I suppose, but what would happen to all the robes with capes already?
--I guess it would have to replace the cape, or give the ability to the existing outfit. It would be nice to be able to choose, based on how well you like the appearance of the original cape.

I like this idea

Hamster ball wraiths lol this one would be funny
--Or your pet hanging on with its furry tail streaming out behind... it would be pretty funn!

In all honesty if it were pet energy i would not use them. Its too much to have pet leveling AND gardening use the energy to add a third. Mana would be fine, with maybe a time limit on how often you can use them.

--I see your point, otherwise they would have to increase your energy. It could be related to your level too. As you move up you can earn more time or chances to cast the street spells.

I put my responses under each idea.

--I appreciate your taking the time to respond :)