Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

8 pip spells and school mounts.

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jan 27, 2009
489
I was thinking, what if for the next spell we got we also got a school specific mount. So i made a list of my ideas and good ideas that I've seen.

So here are some ideas for pure damage, no effect, hit's one target, 8 pip spells.

P.S. Ideas marked (db83) are darkblaze83's ideas from a different form but that's only the creatures. i did the stats and there pretty accurate to what the spell would be if it existed, i did the calculations.

Ideas for strom and ice could come from native american legends. 1 is a giant bear that is similar to a polar bear. 2 is a huge bird of prey that brings a storm with it called a Thunderbird.

Ice-Giant bear (i forget the exact name) 8 pip spell 670-730 damage/ large bear mount.

Storm-Thundrebird 8 pip spell 1085-1165 damage/Large bird of prey mount with sparks arching across its wings.

Fire- Cretan Bull 8 pip spell 845-925 damage/ large fiery bull mount form one of Hercules's 12 tasks. (db83)

Balance is hard since I have to stick with a sort of Egyptian theme. Maybe a krokosphinx? Gryphons are also Egyptian even though many people don't know it.Try to help me out here with better ideas, but whatever it is the damage is the same.

Balance- Krokosphinx/Gryphon 760-830 damage/ A mount of one or the other.

Myth-Manticore 820-900 damage/ hard to describe, look up a pict of it 's pretty cool.(db83)

Although it's not bad try help me find a better one for life.

Life- Pegasus(maybe) 715-795 damage/ Winged horse mount(db83)

Now comes the last and the most tricky one, I really need input on this one because it's hard to decide it is for the death spell and mount and here are the options
1 death hound- a really creepy dog that has flesh falling off it's bones, but it might look too much like heck hound but cool mount and spell.
2 Cerberus- 3 headed dog that guards the underworld, might look too much like Orthrus but would still be a cool spell and mount.
3 nightmare (bone horse)- a skeletal horse, awesome mount but might be kinda a lame spell
4 Basilisk- a giant snake, this would be hard to do as a mount but would be a awesome spell(db83)

Well whatever it is here are the stats.

Death-???????, 740-820 damage/ I need input to put what it is cause i can't choose.

So please comment and help choose the death spell/mount.

Explorer
Jul 12, 2009
69
Great ideas, but i think that the spells should be like the other spells from there schools with affects, like the life one should heal, and the death should attack them and heal you, etc. Also they should affect everyone. The mount is an awesome idea! You should get them from a level 50 quest from your teacher or headmaster Ambros. I think that the death should be the heckhound, That would be awesome and a really cool mount.

Explorer
Jul 12, 2009
69
Oh Also the Manticore or whatever it's called. The Myth one is like a lion with giant bat wings.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
592
armorlad wrote:
Great ideas, but i think that the spells should be like the other spells from there schools with affects, like the life one should heal, and the death should attack them and heal you, etc. Also they should affect everyone. The mount is an awesome idea! You should get them from a level 50 quest from your teacher or headmaster Ambros. I think that the death should be the heckhound, That would be awesome and a really cool mount.
Well i dont think life would like having another healing spell and also look(search) "Tricking out your ride" and that is where Darkblaze posted his/her ideas.(also btw i think i posted some good ideas there also)

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
489
armorlad wrote:
Great ideas, but i think that the spells should be like the other spells from there schools with affects, like the life one should heal, and the death should attack them and heal you, etc. Also they should affect everyone. The mount is an awesome idea! You should get them from a level 50 quest from your teacher or headmaster Ambros. I think that the death should be the heckhound, That would be awesome and a really cool mount.


Well i did say this in the first post but these spells are pure damage and only hit one target. Otherwise the stat's i used would be way overpowered. Also, the 7 pip spells were all like that. What every school really needs for the next world is a pure damage spell. Especially schools like life and myth who don't have any really good attack spells for life or are nearly impossible to buff like myth. :) :)

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
36
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
armorlad wrote:
Great ideas, but i think that the spells should be like the other spells from there schools with affects, like the life one should heal, and the death should attack them and heal you, etc. Also they should affect everyone. The mount is an awesome idea! You should get them from a level 50 quest from your teacher or headmaster Ambros. I think that the death should be the heckhound, That would be awesome and a really cool mount.
Well i dont think life would like having another healing spell and also look(search) "Tricking out your ride" and that is where Darkblaze posted his/her ideas.(also btw i think i posted some good ideas there also)
Lol saw the posting i am He lol and for a better life idea try a Gryphon I know it may sound like a myth idea but some times Gryphons are shown as quite peaceful creatures.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2009
9
great but i think people (not just you) are thinking to much of mythology i love it and all but thats what MYTH is for not death and fire and every other school. the bear mount seems cool but i can't picture it pegasus was a great idea even though its from myths two.for death its hard maybe like a...well idk but ya you should get a real hard quests for those after level 50 i know a lot of people would do it though

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
11
How about for death, the spell and mount be a black widow that bites the enemies. Another idea would be the final judgement where whichever side that used it, would be healed maybe 400 points and everyone on the other side would be damaged 800 points. The mount for this spell could be a cloud.
An idea for balance would be a chariot, pulled by horses, with both a driver and an archer who throws javelins at the enemy. The mount for this spell could be the chariot.

Jeffrey Stormhunter
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Jan 19, 2009
1
really cool on the death i think balance should be like the all-seeing eye you know on the back of the dollar bill like 730-820 damage to all enemies.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
4
I think your ideas where awesome. but i didn't really like how you wanted the ice and storm ones to be based on native amaricins. :P

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
36
jXw245 wrote:
great but i think people (not just you) are thinking to much of mythology i love it and all but thats what MYTH is for not death and fire and every other school. the bear mount seems cool but i can't picture it pegasus was a great idea even though its from myths two.for death its hard maybe like a...well idk but ya you should get a real hard quests for those after level 50 i know a lot of people would do it though
Sorry but I cant seem to agree with you with out using these myths think Myth would be the best school cause almost every spell has mythological backing let me list.

Life: Imp, Leprechaun, Natures wrath (obviously an ent), A Centaur, Dryads, Satyrs, Fairies, Unicorns!

Death: All except the scarecrow are myths

Storm: Storm Lord (obviously Zeus), Kraken (Are you not getting my point), And Triton (HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THIS)

I am going to stop at this because this would be super long but without myths the whole game of Wizard 101 would fall apart! Sorry for yelling but this needed to be said.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
4
darkblaze83 wrote:
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
armorlad wrote:
Great ideas, but i think that the spells should be like the other spells from there schools with affects, like the life one should heal, and the death should attack them and heal you, etc. Also they should affect everyone. The mount is an awesome idea! You should get them from a level 50 quest from your teacher or headmaster Ambros. I think that the death should be the heckhound, That would be awesome and a really cool mount.
Well i dont think life would like having another healing spell and also look(search) "Tricking out your ride" and that is where Darkblaze posted his/her ideas.(also btw i think i posted some good ideas there also)
Lol saw the posting i am He lol and for a better life idea try a Gryphon I know it may sound like a myth idea but some times Gryphons are shown as quite peaceful creatures.


I have a life character and I totally agree how life does NOT need another healing spell. Sometimes I only have healing cards in my hand at a time! I love the pegaseas (sorry my spellings bad) idea!! Balance spell's should be Isis. Isis is the goddess of of many things, but also of magic. She was believed to be one of the most powerful egyptian gods. Ok, now I am done. Lol I am pete64's sister. We share the account. I do not agree with my brother.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
489
Benoba wrote:
How about for death, the spell and mount be a black widow that bites the enemies. Another idea would be the final judgement where whichever side that used it, would be healed maybe 400 points and everyone on the other side would be damaged 800 points. The mount for this spell could be a cloud.
An idea for balance would be a chariot, pulled by horses, with both a driver and an archer who throws javelins at the enemy. The mount for this spell could be the chariot.

Jeffrey Stormhunter
Grandmaster Pyromancer


the black widow is not a bad idea but the effects you just listed are the same as scarecrow but higher damage, please be realistic about the damage. 1 extra pip will not double the power of a spell and please remamber that the ones I listed are PURE DAMAGE AND ONLY HIT"S ONE TARGET otherwise they would be way overpowered.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
489
bbsoccer wrote:
really cool on the death i think balance should be like the all-seeing eye you know on the back of the dollar bill like 730-820 damage to all enemies.


Not a bad spell idea but again because it hit's all enemies it is WAY OVER POWERED. Also it would be kinda hard to ride an all seeing eye.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
489
pete64 wrote:
I think your ideas where awesome. but i didn't really like how you wanted the ice and storm ones to be based on native amaricins. :P


Not in that sense, i just thought the creatures would make good spells, that's all.

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
489
pete64 wrote:
darkblaze83 wrote:
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
armorlad wrote:
Great ideas, but i think that the spells should be like the other spells from there schools with affects, like the life one should heal, and the death should attack them and heal you, etc. Also they should affect everyone. The mount is an awesome idea! You should get them from a level 50 quest from your teacher or headmaster Ambros. I think that the death should be the heckhound, That would be awesome and a really cool mount.
Well i dont think life would like having another healing spell and also look(search) "Tricking out your ride" and that is where Darkblaze posted his/her ideas.(also btw i think i posted some good ideas there also)
Lol saw the posting i am He lol and for a better life idea try a Gryphon I know it may sound like a myth idea but some times Gryphons are shown as quite peaceful creatures.


I have a life character and I totally agree how life does NOT need another healing spell. Sometimes I only have healing cards in my hand at a time! I love the pegaseas (sorry my spellings bad) idea!! Balance spell's should be Isis. Isis is the goddess of of many things, but also of magic. She was believed to be one of the most powerful egyptian gods. Ok, now I am done. Lol I am pete64's sister. We share the account. I do not agree with my brother.


That's what i had in mind when i said that life and myth need a pure attack spell. Other than centaur life has no attacks that conceivably be useful in the next world. Myth has attacks but i have myth friends who are constantly complaining that they can't use their traps because of the double hit. Also i like the idea of Isis as a spell but it would be a little problematic as a mount. Still, I can guarantee that there will be spells even after the 8 pip ones. She is so powerful she might end up as a 10-14 pip spell.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
4
thunderbird120 wrote:
pete64 wrote:
darkblaze83 wrote:
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
armorlad wrote:
Great ideas, but i think that the spells should be like the other spells from there schools with affects, like the life one should heal, and the death should attack them and heal you, etc. Also they should affect everyone. The mount is an awesome idea! You should get them from a level 50 quest from your teacher or headmaster Ambros. I think that the death should be the heckhound, That would be awesome and a really cool mount.
Well i dont think life would like having another healing spell and also look(search) "Tricking out your ride" and that is where Darkblaze posted his/her ideas.(also btw i think i posted some good ideas there also)
Lol saw the posting i am He lol and for a better life idea try a Gryphon I know it may sound like a myth idea but some times Gryphons are shown as quite peaceful creatures.


I have a life character and I totally agree how life does NOT need another healing spell. Sometimes I only have healing cards in my hand at a time! I love the pegaseas (sorry my spellings bad) idea!! Balance spell's should be Isis. Isis is the goddess of of many things, but also of magic. She was believed to be one of the most powerful egyptian gods. Ok, now I am done. Lol I am pete64's sister. We share the account. I do not agree with my brother.


That's what i had in mind when i said that life and myth need a pure attack spell. Other than centaur life has no attacks that conceivably be useful in the next world. Myth has attacks but i have myth friends who are constantly complaining that they can't use their traps because of the double hit. Also i like the idea of Isis as a spell but it would be a little problematic as a mount. Still, I can guarantee that there will be spells even after the 8 pip ones. She is so powerful she might end up as a 10-14 pip spell.


LOL! Isis would be a weird mount i totally forgot about that.......that would be cool though, to have 10-14 pip spells. It would take a long time, even with power pips, to save up to 10-14 pips. I suppose against really powerful bosses it would be worth the weight.