Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

4th Arc - What else is there?

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
In the 1st arc, we had to stop an insane and grief-stricken Necromancy professor from summoning a Titan to bring his dead wife back to life.

In the 2nd arc, we had to stop a mad student of Merle's from destroying worlds or and the entire Spiral in the pursuit of rare and forbidden magic.

In the 3rd arc, our exact motives are largely unknown. But we have to prevent a vengeful creature of Shadow magic from destroying the Spiral and all within it by breaking Borealis Gems.

We went from a tragic love story, to a purge of worlds in the name of knowledge, and now we have the end of the (in-game) universe. Where could we go from there? Well what's the key aspect of the game? Magic. And how did we get our magic? Teachers.

Be they the loveable staff of Ravenwood, the odd cast of Wysteria, or the helpful range of solo wizards and witches we encounter outside of a school's walls; we learnt magic from all sorts of teachers. Now we've graduated from being a student and we entered the world of being a solo problem-solver for all the Spiral, but of course our pursuit of the Spiral's safety led us to the enchanting Arcanum. Now we've moved from school to college and I have a feeling this theme will play out for the 3rd and possibly 4th arc. But if we graduate from the Arcanum at the end of the 3rd arc, we are no longer a student of any kind. And in the real world what do you do after being a student?

You get a job. Now you tend to get jobs in the things you studied, so what jobs are there for the magical? Teachers. So I have an idea for what we might do for a teaching job.

Scenario 1 - We get a tutorial tip from our school teacher at Ravenwood to see them in their classroom. When we get there, we see them accompanied by Merle Ambrose, and they tell us that they are retiring and need to select one of their assistants or old students to replace them. They decide to pit their brightest student against their best assistant to reveal the best. We then enter our school's tower and duel the best assistant the teacher had (Malorn Ashthorn for Dworgyn, Umlilo Sunchaser for Falmea, etc.). After you win, you take over as the head professor of that school. This position could have you teach new students (maybe a few continuous students) the playful Fire Cat all the way up to summoning gods like Ra. This could include minigames or duels where you are limited to certain spells to show your students how to use them (like Diego, but you'd be the golem). Of course outside of this, you could go on exchange trips like the one that leads us to Zafaria, or protect Wizard City from outside sources; or represent the school at tournaments and the like.

Scenario 2 - Like Scenario 1, but with our school's respective Wysteria teacher asking you to help them/replace them.

Scenario 3 - As with the previous 2, but at the Arcanum.

Scenario 4 - Possibly being a nomad, travelling world to world, keeping the peace, and learning new spells from a range of people.

Scenario 5/6 - I need more room.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Aug 20, 2016 wrote:
In the 1st arc, we had to stop an insane and grief-stricken Necromancy professor from summoning a Titan to bring his dead wife back to life.

In the 2nd arc, we had to stop a mad student of Merle's from destroying worlds or and the entire Spiral in the pursuit of rare and forbidden magic.

In the 3rd arc, our exact motives are largely unknown. But we have to prevent a vengeful creature of Shadow magic from destroying the Spiral and all within it by breaking Borealis Gems.

We went from a tragic love story, to a purge of worlds in the name of knowledge, and now we have the end of the (in-game) universe. Where could we go from there? Well what's the key aspect of the game? Magic. And how did we get our magic? Teachers.

Be they the loveable staff of Ravenwood, the odd cast of Wysteria, or the helpful range of solo wizards and witches we encounter outside of a school's walls; we learnt magic from all sorts of teachers. Now we've graduated from being a student and we entered the world of being a solo problem-solver for all the Spiral, but of course our pursuit of the Spiral's safety led us to the enchanting Arcanum. Now we've moved from school to college and I have a feeling this theme will play out for the 3rd and possibly 4th arc. But if we graduate from the Arcanum at the end of the 3rd arc, we are no longer a student of any kind. And in the real world what do you do after being a student?

You get a job. Now you tend to get jobs in the things you studied, so what jobs are there for the magical? Teachers. So I have an idea for what we might do for a teaching job.

Scenario 1 - We get a tutorial tip from our school teacher at Ravenwood to see them in their classroom. When we get there, we see them accompanied by Merle Ambrose, and they tell us that they are retiring and need to select one of their assistants or old students to replace them. They decide to pit their brightest student against their best assistant to reveal the best. We then enter our school's tower and duel the best assistant the teacher had (Malorn Ashthorn for Dworgyn, Umlilo Sunchaser for Falmea, etc.). After you win, you take over as the head professor of that school. This position could have you teach new students (maybe a few continuous students) the playful Fire Cat all the way up to summoning gods like Ra. This could include minigames or duels where you are limited to certain spells to show your students how to use them (like Diego, but you'd be the golem). Of course outside of this, you could go on exchange trips like the one that leads us to Zafaria, or protect Wizard City from outside sources; or represent the school at tournaments and the like.

Scenario 2 - Like Scenario 1, but with our school's respective Wysteria teacher asking you to help them/replace them.

Scenario 4 - Possibly being a nomad, travelling world to world, keeping the peace, and learning new spells from a range of people.

Scenario 5 - Not involving the teaching mechanic I previously suggested, but this would involve becoming a mercenary/protector. You could be hired by Merle at Ravenwood to help him and his friends and any distress calls you may receive. Or you could work for the Arcanum/go solo and get hired by various people on various worlds to do various tasks. Or for those evil among us, you could be hired by the villains we've been taught to fight against, and instead wrek destruction across the Spiral.

Scenario 6 - This is my favourite. You found your own school. We know Wysteria & WC have their own schools, we also know about the Arcanum, and we know Dragonspyre used to have an academy as well. We can assume the Celestians did too, because Astral magic is such a huge part of the world, and we also know Mooshu, Mirage & Avalon (Weirwood) must have too because they all compete in the Spiral Cup. But what about Krokotopia where the Kroks cared little for magic and enslaved the Manders? What about Marleybone where wizards and witches are instead brought up into mechanics? Or Zafaria where witchdoctors and ghosts would happily learn more about magic? I think we should be able to choose a world to build our own school. Or, of course, this could be a separate game with entirely different mechanics and possibly a different plot line.

But you should be able to choose your location. Wizard City and Wysteria should be considered unavailable as they already have definite working and seen schools. In Krokotopia, you could build on a remote island and bridge it/make a teleporter to the Oasis. In Marleybone, I think a flying school above could work, as the ground is very crowded. In Mooshu, you could visit and take over the existing school (which I assume is somewhere in the mountains). In Dragonspyre, you could revive the old academy. In Celestia, you could refurbish the Sol/Lun/Stellarium into separate schools within the academy.

I'd love to add more, but I'm out of room again.

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
Blaze Sandblade on Aug 20, 2016 wrote:

Sounds kind of fun but unfortunately I have a hunch the third arc will be the final. Keep in mind that this arc will be at least two to three more worlds as we still have to defeat The Scorpion in what I think is Mirage, which from what I've gathered is going to be a dessert middle east genie like world. We also have to defeat The Bat and Grandfather Spider. As for being a teacher, I have no idea how they'd put that into the game. MMOW101 is an RPG. Its about leveling up and getting new spells and gear. If they did decide to have a fourth arc and went along the lines you're talking about, I suspect it might make you more of a magic researcher so that you can continue to grow, not that a teaching world wouldn't be fun.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
Bigboss1029 on Aug 21, 2016 wrote:
Sounds kind of fun but unfortunately I have a hunch the third arc will be the final. Keep in mind that this arc will be at least two to three more worlds as we still have to defeat The Scorpion in what I think is Mirage, which from what I've gathered is going to be a dessert middle east genie like world. We also have to defeat The Bat and Grandfather Spider. As for being a teacher, I have no idea how they'd put that into the game. MMOW101 is an RPG. Its about leveling up and getting new spells and gear. If they did decide to have a fourth arc and went along the lines you're talking about, I suspect it might make you more of a magic researcher so that you can continue to grow, not that a teaching world wouldn't be fun.
They said before they have many more chapters planned, and we only just started the third.

Back when Celestia first came out, they had a post saying what happens at the end of the second arc will affect the next few chapters after it. I'm assuming that whatever Grandfather Spider does in the third arc will affect what we do in the fourth and fifth arcs.

Kingsisle also hinted we may be leaving the Spiral eventually.

Kingsisle also stated that they have been planning character progression for the next hundred or so levels, so we will be hitting level 200 at the end of the fourth arc someday.

With Mirage coming out this November, we most likely will be fighting The Scorpion. Grandfather Spider did list 5 worlds at the end of Khrysalis, but since The Bat will probably be the 3rd world, and Grandfather Spider will be in the 5th world, then I have no idea who we will be fighting in the 4th world. I'm sure this arc will have 5 worlds in it as the first and second arc did, so maybe we'll fight all 3 children in the 4th world?

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
Blaze Sunthorn on Aug 21, 2016 wrote:
They said before they have many more chapters planned, and we only just started the third.

Back when Celestia first came out, they had a post saying what happens at the end of the second arc will affect the next few chapters after it. I'm assuming that whatever Grandfather Spider does in the third arc will affect what we do in the fourth and fifth arcs.

Kingsisle also stated that they have been planning character progression for the next hundred or so levels, so we will be hitting level 200 at the end of the fourth arc someday.

With Mirage coming out this November, we most likely will be fighting The Scorpion. Grandfather Spider did list 5 worlds at the end of Khrysalis, but since The Bat will probably be the 3rd world, and Grandfather Spider will be in the 5th world, then I have no idea who we will be fighting in the 4th world. I'm sure this arc will have 5 worlds in it as the first and second arc did, so maybe we'll fight all 3 children in the 4th world?
Things have... happened since then. 1/3 of the KI unfortunately got laid off, and although I have no doubt they can make an enjoyable third arc, I'm not sure they have the manpower to take us to level 200 with yet another arc. Plus, what else is there to do? We've saved the spiral twice, soon to be a third time (probably). Leaving the spiral would be pretty neat, and what they decide to do from there is anyone's guess. I'm just not sure if they have the resources to get us to level 200. That's basically doubling current content. This may sound like a lack of imagination, but how much more room do we have for stats? Its common at level 110 to have perfect power pips, about 4.7k health and 35% universal resist, along with perfect accuracy. And if you don't have those things, chances are you have critical and or block that works very consistently. Do you think we can double the content and make it so you don't literally have perfect stats? Just my thoughts, I am excited to see where the story goes. I just don't know how many times we can save the spiral from a powerful crazy magician. I would love this game to go far.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Blaze Sunthorn on Aug 21, 2016 wrote:

You're right. Arc 3 is not the last. KI's got a plethora of chapters and Big Bads at their tables. Arc 3 about Grandfather Spider is surely going to be great, so no need to worry about what occurs when he's gone for good.

You know, when W101 first got launched, the 1st Arc, which was about Malistaire Drake, had many people thinking that he was the only villain and the only threat in the Spiral who is responsible for lots of threats, and the lore behind the Spiral was a bit vague. We all know the Spiral is vast and expansive.

Of course, once Grizzleheim went out, the notes stating Dragonspyre being the last world in it's 1st Arc was made obvious; Malistaire's not the only threat. There are numerous others, and no doubt that there would be another to take his place as the next Big Bad in the 2nd Arc.

Morganthe was that someone, and she posed a greater threat when she took her actions too far, especially in Azteca, and the course was obvious at that time, she had to go. It was time to end it. Khrysalis was the perfect place to have the last showdown with her, albeit with only all of her forms, rather than facing her normal form and later her true final form, but still, it was the best finale to Arc 2.

There came another immediate threat, Grandfather Spider, who is the current threat and Big Bad in Arc 3. We've seen tastes of what he has in store, and no doubt he will pose another great threat yet. He is one of the Spiral's ancient threats, so there's bound to be many more when he's truly gone someday.

Let's not forget, there's still potential for more story arcs, side stories, & more villains in W101. I feel the steam's not going to run out... maybe not ever.

We may not leave the Spiral yet, but that doesn't mean we cannot go back once we leave. We're bound to return there many times afterwards, so no need to worry about that.

You may be right about one thing, what we do in Arc 3 will have impacts on the 4th & 5th arcs, but let's not go too far on that yet.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I think there will be a fourth because 1. 3 is an odd number and it can't end on an odd number 2. I feel like this game can last longer everyone suspects because of its old popularity 3. This game is still popular actually and the only reason why people think this game is going to be shut down so soon is because everyone talks about it way too much and they aren't able to enjoy it.