Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

yuletide reg whopper aquarium

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 08, 2015
I can't find anything on this aquarium in the wiki; assuming 'reg' means regular size fish which it the size fish I have but when I click to put some in the aquarium, the list of fish is blank . . . what fish does it take?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
These aquariums are very confusing.

To fill a regular whopper aquarium, you need a whopper fish (not 'keeper' or 'small-fry'), regular-sized (not 'large' or 'tall'). Tall fish go in a tall aquarium that is for either small fry, keeper or whopper. Large fish go into a large aquarium that is for either small fry, keeper or whopper. Whopper fish are extremely huge versions of ordinary fish you might catch. They should indicate that they're whoppers when you look in your basket.

This link helps me figure out what size tank I need:

Guide to Fish Sizes, Tank Types and Tank Recipes

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?435405-Guide-to-Fish-Sizes-Tank-Types-and-Tank-Recipes!

I think I had to read through that posting I linked about 8 times before it started to sink in. So don't worry if it takes you a while to figure this all out.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
might never figure it out then; thought it was for regular size fish.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I think there are too many sizes of aquariums.

Real aquariums contain fish and other creatures of all sizes.

In one house an entire room is taken up with the different aquariums. Almost all fish I catch are the same size, so most sit empty.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
If you go into your fish basket--the listing of fish you have caught, there is a picture of which type of fish tank that particular fish needs/requires. Most fish go in a regular tank. Multi regular tanks can hold several fish. You could do a multi tank with all holiday fish or one of each different cuda or dekoi. Multi tanks take up a lot of room so you will need a large castle. I use the massive fantasy castle for my fish aquarium. Have fun!

Defender
Jun 08, 2015
need to know which fish are whoppers . . . don't see that info

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Go into your backpack where it shows the fish you've caught. If you have any whoppers at all, you'll see a round, orange fish symbol to the right of the fish type on the right hand side of the page.

Example: (25 inches) Firecuda ()*

If you've looked inside your backpack and you don't see any whopper symbols, then you may not have caught any whopper fish yet. They are the largest fish of their type and because of that, they are very rare catches.

Alia Misthaven

*Pretend for a moment that this sun symbol stands for the whopper fish symbol.