Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You don't need a new AoE

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Dear Myth Wizards,

Please stop complaining that you need a new AoE spell. Let me remind you that your Enchanted Humungofrog does more damage than an Enchanted Scarecrow, and us Death Wizards are doing just fine with Scarecrow. So please, stop complaining.

Thanks!

-Nick level 100
"Child of Light and Shadow"

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Crow gives back health. Frog doesn't. Crow has higher accuracy. Death also gets a native heal, universal stacking buffs, and a variety of debuffs, so it's an apples and oranges comparison.

Personally I don't find it hard to kill things with the barfing frog, but I am very tired of looking at it.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I use nothing but my Frog, but I also have no choice. 540-600 is not more than 583, it's pretty much the same on average, but Scarecrow also completely heals you. Another big difference is that Myth is the only school where all it's AOE spells are low level spells open to every school. There are no school only spells. Final point, don't start threads just to create an argument. This isn't the same as a Myth wizard saying "hey we need a new spell". You aren't even a Myth wizard and you aren't replying. You just decided it's your place to start a new thread just to attack Myth wizards before they ask.

Defender
May 23, 2009
I think most people complain about this because it takes longer for myth to progress in the 2nd arc due to the lack of high damage AoE. However, this is really not true because myth can kill just as fast any other school with the correct gear. Most of the time, my myth uses an all-out damage gear (no resist) with life mastery. His usual deck is:
x6 Myth Blade
x3 Sharpened Blade
x3 Feint
x3 Myth Trap
x3 Potent Trap
x3 Colossal
x2 Ninja Pigs
x2 Keeper of the Flame
x2 Medusa
x2 Reliquary
x1 Berserk
x1 Reshuffle
x5 Pixie
After crafting ninja pigs, I found out he is better off not using frog or earthquake altogether, except in PVP. Unfortunately, after many attempts of beating Hades and getting zero part of the Unknown gear for myth, I have decided to stick to my roots. Currently waiting to buy crowns for the Brilliant Attire.

Grace Skullshade, Level 100 Exalted .
Mycin Skullshade, Level 97 Promethean .
Destiny Skullshade, Level 90 Promethean .
Jose Skullshade, Level 65 Legendary .
Valerian Skullshade, Level 20 Adept .

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Death Wizards do just fine with scarecrow because it give you health back.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Master

Squire
May 10, 2013
Nicholas Hawkspear on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:
Dear Myth Wizards,

Please stop complaining that you need a new AoE spell. Let me remind you that your Enchanted Humungofrog does more damage than an Enchanted Scarecrow, and us Death Wizards are doing just fine with Scarecrow. So please, stop complaining.

Thanks!

-Nick level 100
Nicholas, you are completely correct.

Even though Myth has less AoE spells then Death, look at this beast, Enchanted Earthquake!

Better yet, Earthquake breaks Shields and Blades. If you doing a one in a million, thats 1k pierces and disarms.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Humongofrog sure takes a year to complete the animation though. Man. One of the longest spells ever.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
seethe42 on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:
I use nothing but my Frog, but I also have no choice. 540-600 is not more than 583, it's pretty much the same on average, but Scarecrow also completely heals you. Another big difference is that Myth is the only school where all it's AOE spells are low level spells open to every school. There are no school only spells. Final point, don't start threads just to create an argument. This isn't the same as a Myth wizard saying "hey we need a new spell". You aren't even a Myth wizard and you aren't replying. You just decided it's your place to start a new thread just to attack Myth wizards before they ask.
I didn't start this tread to start an argument, rather to end one. I've seen plenty of complaints from Myth wizards saying they need a new AOE spell, both on the Message Boards and In-Game. It's not your place to say what I am doing, for you are not me.

-Nick level 100

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
I kill enemies just fine with humungofrog but it's only because I got all out damage, no resist.
I'd prefer a new myth AoE but if not, I'm fine with humungofrog.
You also can't compare it too scarecrow because scarecrow practically gives you full health.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
In all fairness, Humungofrog only costs 4 pips, while Scarecrow costs 7. I think Myth is fine, my Fire friend spams meteor strike and I can barely keep up.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Nicholas Hawkspear on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
I didn't start this tread to start an argument, rather to end one. I've seen plenty of complaints from Myth wizards saying they need a new AOE spell, both on the Message Boards and In-Game. It's not your place to say what I am doing, for you are not me.

-Nick level 100
Then you should have responded to one. You decided instead to start a new thread to restart an old argument. And notice that it's the Myth wizards here saying we're fine with Frog. So yes you are here starting it up.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
seethe42 on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
Then you should have responded to one. You decided instead to start a new thread to restart an old argument. And notice that it's the Myth wizards here saying we're fine with Frog. So yes you are here starting it up.
No, I'm not trying to start an old argument. As you said, the Myth wizards are saying that they are fine with Frog. I don't see an argument going on, do you? The only person trying to start an argument is you.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2014
Tell you what, you make a myth wizard, get it to 100, then talk.