Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wyvern Hoard Pack Frustration

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
35
I have been buying Wyvern Hoard Packs ever since it first came out. I have always been trying to get one of the wyvern mounts. I know they are very rare to get, but seriously. It's been forever since I have been trying to get one now. I feel like I should have at least one of the mounts now. I'm really upset and disappointed with the game right now. Does anyone know the drop rate for them?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3175
SenseiOfFlame on Apr 20, 2015 wrote:
I have been buying Wyvern Hoard Packs ever since it first came out. I have always been trying to get one of the wyvern mounts. I know they are very rare to get, but seriously. It's been forever since I have been trying to get one now. I feel like I should have at least one of the mounts now. I'm really upset and disappointed with the game right now. Does anyone know the drop rate for them?
i read once online that the chance of getting a mount is around 1/100. and it resets with each pack you buy, meaning that you aren't guaranteed to get one if you buy 100 packs.

if you want a mount, just buy one in the shop. unless you can afford to lose a lot, packs aren't worth it.

-von

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
1639
Dr Von on Apr 21, 2015 wrote:
i read once online that the chance of getting a mount is around 1/100. and it resets with each pack you buy, meaning that you aren't guaranteed to get one if you buy 100 packs.

if you want a mount, just buy one in the shop. unless you can afford to lose a lot, packs aren't worth it.

-von
Actually this is arguable, while going towards the mounts can be annoying a times, some hoard packs make up for it with great wands. (One being the BEST storm wand out there for exalts)

The Jack Hallows Wailer which at the current highest tier gives the following
223 storm crit (not split up into 2 critical numbers making it better)
7% incoming heal
Power pip, and a few wand strikes

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3175
Rachel Dreamsong on Apr 21, 2015 wrote:
Actually this is arguable, while going towards the mounts can be annoying a times, some hoard packs make up for it with great wands. (One being the BEST storm wand out there for exalts)

The Jack Hallows Wailer which at the current highest tier gives the following
223 storm crit (not split up into 2 critical numbers making it better)
7% incoming heal
Power pip, and a few wand strikes
i agree, the wands are pretty sweet. but i would argue that better is subjective, and that there are much better wands out there for my play-style.

the wand that you mentioned is a bunch of critical, which is random and every mob worth its salt blocks anyway. i prefer tangible stats, rather than luck-based ones, and i would never give my storm wizard that unless i wanted to die in every battle i entered; i'll happily keep my 275 block rating, thank you very much.

as far as mounts are concerned, though; if you want one that badly, buy it from the shop instead of frittering away thousands of crowns that could be put to much better use elsewhere.

-von

Survivor
Jan 11, 2015
32
I have something to say about this I keep buying wyvern hoard packs and all I get is reagents and plants no equipment, no mount (that I really want, is why I keep trying) and no cool pets either so what's the point? I keep getting junk that I can get anywhere in wizards. I have only seen ONE of the mounts since I started playing and when I was told it was from wyvern hoard pack I was like ok this could be cool, even if I have to buy a bunch of packs maybe the equipment and pets and furniture will be cool....well guess what? NOT I didn't receive any cool furniture, any cool equipment or any cool pets what I did receive was a bunch of lecturn's (BORING) a few palm trees and tons of reagents that are basically laying all over the place and plant seeds that I can pick up anywhere.
I think if your willing to spend crowns as well as have membership the crowns spent should be well worth it. Just my opinion but I think some others have one too.
It would probably be even fair if say each pack contained at least 1 furniture that isn't a lecturn, and one piece of equipment and if it has a pet or mount it wont matter if it has a furniture or equipment then make the rest junk we don't really want anyway.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2015
32
Better yet why doesn't KI make the mounts and pets from packs available at specific times? I would buy one of each color they are all awesome! Can anyone tell me if and when they may be available without a one in a million risk?
I got lucky one time out of the hundreds of tries and got a blue kirin which I wasn't even trying for. Someone said just go buy a mount but there is a problem none of the mounts in the packs are available for any crowns, gold or first born children. BUT I for one would buy mounts from multiple packs if they become available!

Fallon Death Student

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
135
Rachel Dreamsong on Apr 21, 2015 wrote:
Actually this is arguable, while going towards the mounts can be annoying a times, some hoard packs make up for it with great wands. (One being the BEST storm wand out there for exalts)

The Jack Hallows Wailer which at the current highest tier gives the following
223 storm crit (not split up into 2 critical numbers making it better)
7% incoming heal
Power pip, and a few wand strikes
223 storm crit?!? I'm getting that and will test it with storm Treasure Cards. Where do you get the wand? It doesn't sound like it's from the Wyvern's Hoard Pack.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
Oni Slayer on Jun 17, 2015 wrote:
223 storm crit?!? I'm getting that and will test it with storm Treasure Cards. Where do you get the wand? It doesn't sound like it's from the Wyvern's Hoard Pack.
It's from the newest Halloween pack, so you cannot get it right now. The Harrowing Nightmare Pack.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2012
15
I've bought a crazy amount of Wyvern packs trying for the max level Greenwarden robe for each of my wizards. From all those packs, I got one robe and 7 Wyvern mounts.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
135
seethe42 on Jun 17, 2015 wrote:
It's from the newest Halloween pack, so you cannot get it right now. The Harrowing Nightmare Pack.
(Tries to travel through time to Halloween 2015, but attempt fails)
Well, does it occur every Halloween? If not...(Tries to travel back into time to Halloween 2014, but attempt fails again)
Ok, if it appears only once, I'm doomed.