Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

WOW! The hatch kiosk is AMAZING! :D

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Catherine Wilddrea... on Apr 22, 2018 wrote:
What you are saying is that the Polterpooch can not be trained to have any talents other than the original ones that it comes with?
Because if I try to hatch it with a pet to get higher stats and better talents, I will not get a Polterpooch back.
So this pet is, as is and it don't get any better?
Sadly yes, like the Frankie Forearms that body type will only ever be first generation as hatching results in a hybrid. The stats and talents will remain the same for those but the hybrids can be tailored to stats and talents you desire. It's basically a designer pet for collecting, fun to collect and own rather than useful for battles or side activities.

I have mixed feelings about these kinds of pets. I think it is a shame they can't be shared and collected by everyone and that people who have them can't improve them or enjoy sharing them...but at the same time there are so many pets in game it's no disadvantage to those who can't obtain them and a little piece of treasure for those who have them

I should maybe mention that I do not own ANY of the exclusive pets like this...and that's okay with me

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Catherine Wilddrea... on Apr 22, 2018 wrote:
What you are saying is that the Polterpooch can not be trained to have any talents other than the original ones that it comes with?
Because if I try to hatch it with a pet to get higher stats and better talents, I will not get a Polterpooch back.
So this pet is, as is and it don't get any better?
That is correct. You can hatch a Polterpooch with something else to improve its stats and/or talents, but the pet you get back will be a Ghost Hound, not a Polterpooch.

That even includes hatching a first-gen Polterpooch with another first gen Polterpooch! (Yes, I tried.)

Alia Misthaven

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Star Edward on Apr 22, 2018 wrote:
You know, posts like these should be archived and included within the small book next to the hatching kiosk.

This is the answer that I see wizards searching for daily when they walk up to the kiosk.

They ask: "What does Premium mean?"

"What can't I place X Pet Up?"

"What's going on for the hatch of the day?"
Etc.

The tome fails to answer a majority of these questions so I'm hoping that an update will soon be introduced either updating the original tome, or introducing a second one geared at answer/clearing up most of these common queries.

Haha, yeah.

Sadly, even my "in general" observations do not make iron-clad rules. Some pets are marked Crowns but can go in anyway, like the Cheezowitz family. Other dropped pets are marked "Premium" and won't go in, even though they aren't Crowns pets: e.g., the Bloodhound from House of Scales; the Macaw from Mirage, etc.

So with that confusion, we can't say that a crowns pet will never go in, nor that a dropped pet always will. The only consistent thing I observed when browsing pets, is that none of the kiosk pets are "Premium" pets. That must, therefore, be the rule KI is working with.

Alia Misthaven

Defender
May 17, 2014
I got my dream pet in 2 days, when I was trying to get it for a year and a half. Thanks, kingsisle.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Freshta on Apr 20, 2018 wrote:
I wouldn't quite put it that way.

You absolutely CAN place any adult pet into the kiosk and you can benefit a little bit from doing so. You won't be likely to get anyone to hatch with it, true. However, if you leave it in for a full seven days, at the end of the week you will get a pepper reagent just for having listed the pet.

Also, some extremely rare or unusual first generation pets DO get hatches. My Death has an adult, first-gen Polterpooch (really rare drop, not obtainable by hatching) and she's gotten quite a few hatches on it. Any pet hatched with a Polterpooch will get back a Ghost Hound hybrid, which is also quite rare.

Alia Misthaven
Polterpooch?

Ok, I will have to look that one up. I have found someone who has been teaching me the finer point of pet genetics. I may have something cool to offer in the near future.

S Gs