Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Worlds

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
What is your world ranking this is what i rate

Wizard city: 4 stars
Krokotopia: 4 stars
Marleybone 3 stars
Mooshu: 4 stars
Dragonsphyre: 3 stars
Celestia: 3 stars
Grizzlehiem: 1 star
Winter tusk: 3 stars

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
Wizard City: 3 stars
Krokotopia: 3 and 1/2 stars
Marleybone: 4 and 1/2 stars
Dragonspyre: 5 stars
Grizzleheim/Wintertusk: 3 stars
Wysteria: 1 star
Celestia: 2 stars

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Using the rating of 1-4:

Wizard City: 4 stars (Beautiful beginning to the game.)

Krokotopia: 4 stars (Beautiful world, well designed.)

Marleybone: 1 star (Pain in the arse encounter/mob routes. City with dogs, cats, rats, and hideous sound effects. Long and tedious.)

Mooshu: 4 stars (Beautifully designed, refreshing to return to a green and lush world after being trapped on that god awful place called Marleybone.)

Dragonspyre: 1 star (Bosses are incredibly strong with their high level attacks and power pips. Way too many gauntlet fights. Way too long. Pain in the arse. Countless questing by that time has gotten boring and a chore.)

Celestia: Good job KI. I won't even bother giving THAT a rating. Casual gameplay went from casual to nightmare. Pathetic addition to the spiral. Lousy AI, AI spells, unbalanced. Good job.

Grizzleheim: 2 stars (Do not particularly care for it. Ravenscar is a terribly long dungeon with a very nasty boss fight.)

Wintertusk: 3 stars (Beautifully designed. If Wintertusk is played after Celestia, you will have gotten strong enough to play through it with relative ease. Hrundle Fjord BGM is amazing.)

Defender
Oct 26, 2009
Rankings:

WC: 3 Stars
KT: 1 Star
MB: 5 Stars
MS: 3 Stars
DS: 4 Stars
CL: 3 Stars

GH: 5 Stars
WT: 4 Stars

Reasons: (note: nerfed = made easier)

WC: Fun, but can get tedious. Some mobs very difficult (just keep hitting, just keep hitting)

KT: Boring. Storyline quite repetitive. Only redeeming factor is the dungeons. Music is a little on the annoying side.

MB: Really, really, really great! The music is wonderful, the theme is well done, the dungeons (while long, or at least used to be, they nerfed the counterweights a while ago, for anyone who doesn't know) are amazing, and the storyline is fun to follow (despite the ridiculous amount of people getting lost in side quests in Knights Court). The Chase after Malistaire in Newgate prison is SUBURB.

MS: Mostly fun, but a little annoying. Feels lonely, somehow, after Marleybone. The cows are cool. Some very cool places (the spirit world).

DS: Quite fun. The Music is very angry sounding, and gets frustrating when you've died a million times (though doesn't happen much, since they nerfed it). The storylines are nicely done, and some side quests are fun to follow. The Labyrinth is about 5 bosses too long.

CL: Very fun. The difficulty level is way up there (would have been easier to adjust to if DS wasn't nerfed). The music is MB sounding (that means wonderful), and the storylines are fun. The dungeons get a bit repetitive (ZOMG! Another Sanctum of the <insert Astral Magic here>). Trial of the Spheres is WAY too easy.

GH: Really fun. The areas are unique and beautiful, the stories are great, bosses are just hard enough, it really gives you the feeling of being in the Wilderness. I love the world almost as much as I love Marleybone.

WT: Eh. Its okay. The iciness gets boring after a while. The drops are great, especially in Nastrond (~20,000- ~30,000 gold a run). Farming the myth ravens on my storm is fun, but the storyline had me kinda bored after a while. Not as breathtaking as Grizzleheim.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
On a scale of 1-5 stars:

Wizard City: 4 stars

Great start to the game. The only reason why it isn't 5 stars is because, as a Sorcerer, it's terribly inconvenient that my school isn't located in Wizard City, and of course there's the Commons. I don't feel the need to explain why this is a con.

Krokotopia: 3 stars

I find this world very tedious, especially when playing on my Pyromancer. Besides the problems with balance in enemies' schools the landscape is very visually pleasing, the story is easy to follow, and I like how historically correct the world is.

Marleybone 5 stars

I might be biased, but this is my favorite world. I love the landscape, the mood of the world (it's not depressing!), the quests. I'd live in this world if I could.

MooShu: 3 stars

There's nothing particularly amazing about the world; the scenery's nice, the battles are challenging, the story makes sense. My beef with this is the fact that the story seems to rely heavily on Japanese folklore; however, the NPCs names can be Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Cambodian, Filipino, etc. It just seemed weird and kinda annoying to me.

Dragonspyre: 2 stars

Let alone the fact that the story is so weird and the landscape is very blah in a lot of places, the combat is my main problem. I dread this world because I hate the combat in it. Every other turn I can expect a Weakness, my wizards who don't have Elemental, or Spiritual, shields are sitting ducks because there's no way of telling what attack you're gonna be hit with, and the quests become tedious after not very long. I'd skip it if I could.

Celestia: 3 stars

As much as I like the fighting style in this world, the drop ratio annoys me to no end. I've only played through once, so I can't really say anything about the story. The world is visually pleasing in certain places (like Floating Land), but in others it's so...awkward looking (like Stormriven).

Grizzleheim and Wintertusk: 1 star

I can't stand these worlds. I don't care that they're sorta visually pleasing; I seriously doubt I'll do either of these worlds again. If I do, it would only be for the Lvl. 35 and Lvl. 55 spells. Colossal waste of time, KI.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
At a scale of 1-5
1 = not very fun, and really annoying
2 = passable and fun, but not something really worth putting your time into
3 = average, what you are looking for from a decent MMO
4 = very fun, and a great challenge for all players, young and old alike
5 = awesomeness

WC: 3
KT: 4.5
MB: 2.8
MS: 5
DS: 4.2
CL: 5
WT: 5
WS: 1.5

William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

Survivor
Mar 06, 2010

wizard city: 5 stars

krokotopia: 2 stars

marley bone: 3 stars

mooshu: 3 stars

dragon sprye: 5 stars

celestia: 4 stars

grizzlehiem: 2 stars

wysteria: 3 stars wintertusk: 4 stars

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
Wizard City - 4 stars. Just easy enough for beginners but with a few bosses that give more experienced players just enough reason to use strategy to keep them interested. Scenery is a bit repetative, same buildings just with a color shift. I would like to see the Haunted Cave look more like a cave and less like any other Wizard City street at night.

Krokotopia - 3 stars. Still quite easy (for the most part), but the world just feels so small on the outside. 3 floating islands? You could toss a rock and cross the entire world with it. Not sure how the ancient Krok's managed to bend the rules of physics and fit several entire dungeons into a floating chunk of sand that is half the size of a football field. It just doesn't jive.

Marleybone - 1.5 stars. Dull-dull-dull. Takes forever, few rewards, the whole world is dim and gloomy. The first world where battles become 3 against 1 for a solo wizard (excluding Sunken City and Tomb of the Beguiler, which are optional), so I died a lot while soloing Big Ben and the Counterweights. The perk, tons of decor items and I rather like the large Marleybone house. If only the sun would shine on it.

MooShu - 4.5 stars. I loved the look and feel of this world. The bosses are challenging and drop some nice decor. I like the hidden boss in Crimson Fields that drops about the best gear in the game up to that level. It could use a bit more hills, mountains, open fields rather than all bamboo forest, but overall, it was a relaxing reward for finishing the depressingly gray world of Marleybone. Would like to get kimono style robes, like the cows wear, rather than the weird pajama things with flags stuck to your behind.

Dragonspyre - 3.5 stars. Story seemed weird. They city is teeming with living foes, but human and otherwise, but can't recall if you don't do a single quest for a living being? Even more ghosts here than on MooShu. Just as dreary as Marleybone, but with boiling lava to add some light. The place is depressing, but the story and progression seems better than Marleybone.

Celestia - 2 stars. Looks nice, but just feels disjointed. With the exception of the last boss in each area, you tend to forget you are trailing Morganthe. It feels more like you are being made a gopher for a bunch of lazy Marleybonians and less like you are doing anything important. Exp is good, but drops are 95% useless except as resale. More difficult in the beginning than in the end. Takes longer to do the first quest for 'bottles of sealant' than it takes to finish the last dungeon.

Grizzleheim - 2.5 stars. Hard to call this one. I like the diverse look of the areas of Grizzleheim, from forests to canyons, caves to glaciers. When it was just an extra world, the low exp wasn't much of an issue, but now that it is required to be able to get to the level 35 and 55 spells, it starts to feel like the longest school quest ever. Gear here is bad, resale value is low, decor is scarce. There used to be some decent pets, but those have been disappearing, making GH even less to look forward to.

Wintertusk - 4 stars. Again, the diverse areas are nice, but the exp and gold opportunity is much better here than GH, respective to level. Bosses are tough, and many cheat. It is a difficult world to solo, but it is an easy one for friends to be able to come help you with since there are few gauntlet type dungeons. Many of the drops have cards, and while not the best on stats, it can be rather fun seeing what gear might give you an edge in certain battles. The amulets are awesome and I think the first place where amulets with more than one kind of card as well as health boosts appear, and the crafted level 56 gear is the first thing that makes giving up poor old Malistaire's robes worth-while.

Wysteria - 4 stars. I raised this one above what I felt the story and gameplay merited, just for the fact that I love the look and feel of this town. The sloping streets, sunny skies, and growing things make it a pleasant place to run around. Since you do quite a bit of running around, this is a plus. I am hoping that in the near future, we will see Wysteria decor and homes. I love the pillars from the school of Tempest and I want them! I would like to see bunny pets too. Also, this world, while for low level characters, drops several clues as to possible upcoming worlds. It may be years before we see them, but it gives an air of hope and a feel of continuity. It also offers the Tower of the Helephant which, as a solo player, I have not yet attempted.

All in all, the game offers something to suit most tastes. Each world has it's own look and feel, almost a personality. I would like to see level 60 gear available in solo-able areas though since I would like to get some for my legendaries. In DS, Malistaire was not the only boss who dropped level 50 gear, so I am confused as to why the level 60 gear is only available to players with a full party and a lot of time.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Wizard City - 4 Stars
While it is a great intro to the game, that's all it is really. BriskBreeze and Waterworks - 5 Stars.

Krokotopia - 3 Stars
Second world in the Spiral's main quest, and an introduction to the fact that cosmic events do occur, and can lead to an Egyptian Krok & Mander themed world.

Marleybone - 3 Stars
Dark, dank, and riddled with running back and forth for those lazy Dogs. Great theme with being based on England, but the annoyance (despite the excellent XP) of running back and forth talking to this NPC then that one in a far away area, gets tedious and tiresome. Redeeming factor is its the second time you see Malistaire (first time if you skipped the Tutorial). Spiral Geographic Society Warehouse - 4 Stars.

MooShu - 4 Stars
Beautiful breath of fresh air after a night of sore feet! Not nearly as many side quests, and interesting dungeons.

DragonSpyre - 4 Stars
Dark and vengeful, this world was made easier with decreased health on the mobs and lesser floors on many of the gauntlets. Labyrinth is a great instance as is The Great Spyre. Final Battle with Malistaire.

GrizzleHeim - 3 Stars
Low XP, moderately interesting story, only worth doing for the new Level 35 Spell and access to Wintertusk, honestly.

Wintertusk - 8/5 Stars!
High XP, Intriguing story, Great new Level 55 Spell and 58 Pet. New School Athames and Rings with Damage and Block rating!

Celestia - 5 Stars!
High XP, Intriguing story, excellent challenging bosses, an introduction to Morganthe, an evil Queen of the Web. Introduction of new Grandmaster Astral Schools and Level 58 Spells.

Wysteria - 3 Stars
Interesting side world to give us a break from Krokotopia and Marleybone. A magical Tournament, and a bonus Training Point! Tower of the Helephant - 4 Stars.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
Wizard city: 5 stars
Great start to the game and good mixing of NPC's. Everyone can make friends quickly and it's actually fun.

Krokotopia: 4 stars
Not a bad start to Krok land. Got a little tedious at the end but over all it was good.

Marleybone 2 stars
A major pain in my opinion. Though character creation is good and voice overs are good. The map itself is just not that fun.

Love this world because of the open area's and new mob's you meet. The scenery is good to.

Dragonsphyre: 5+ stars
This is my favorite of all. Wish they could make the Original DS as another Map.

Celestia: 1 star
Dont have enough friends to help you out, fergit about it!

Grizzlehiem:3 stars
Love the story and the characters. It's very long and the end is way harder than most worlds. Also, it's not a required world to finish in order to move on to the next. Takes a back seat to any game progression.

Winter tusk: ? stars
Just reactivated my account and started this world. Not sure about it just yet. Kind of cheesy, but as I said I just got back into the game. Not enough exp. with this world to cast a vote.

Delver
Aug 13, 2010
WC: Obviously, a 5. Beautiful scenery, good enemies for new players, and a nice story-line.

KT: 3. It took me a month and a half to do. I didn't slack off, but there are so many quest! I like the story-line though. Nice character voices.

MB: 4. Nice accents! I love Early time England. Nice dogs and cats!

MS: 4.Nice Heritage from Asian Culture. Nice scenery, nice mobs, and very nice music.

DS: 5! I love this world. Great accents, wonderful story, (cried with Malistaire). All in all it's a great world.

CL: 3. I like it, but I find it confusing. I really don't get the story line in this world.

GH: 6! :P. Based off of tribes, I love it! Very nicely designed.

WS: 5! W00t! This world is just really cool. The buildings there are amazing.

WT: 4. I love it! But it's more of an Ice world, which sucked for me.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
Wizard city: 5 stars-----loads of places to go, good story
Krokotopia: 4 stars-----good game play
Marleybone 3 stars-----no side walks, very long
Mooshu: 2 stars-----bigger and longer then it should be
Dragonsphyre: 5 stars-----great story, cool outfits
Celestia: 5 stars-----lots of good scenery, good story
Grizzlehiem: 3 star-----interesting characters
Winter tusk: 3 stars-----good scenery

I will also add...
Wisteria: 5 stars-----great story, nice scenery, good game play