Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

World Boss Experiences!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2010
Being a level 74 life wizard and having completed every world except for Avalon, I like to remember my world boss fights.

Lord Nightshade (WC): When I first saw this guy, I thought to myself, "This is an upgraded Foulgaze battle." Which it was. :D

Krokopatra (KT): Battling her was like reading a novel - lots of plot twists. At the beginning, I was sure I was going to lose. I finished off the last minion with 12 HP remaining. Once I got in a few heals and summoned Spritey, I was winning. However, Krokopatra again got the upper hand with a bladed, trapped TRITON! I played Satyr on my turn but it fizzled. I'd forgotten the sprite was there, but at the last possible moment (3 health!) won the battle for me with a Leprechaun. This might have been my favorite.

Big Ben/Meowiarty (MB): I got to his room, and promptly lost. I ran back through Big Ben (and again and again and again) until I finally did it. It took about 3.5 hours (2 hours to beat the mobs in the tower and 1.5 losing to Meowiarty).

Jade Oni (MS): The only thing stopping me here was the Oni's death shields blocking my converts. So I summoned my brave level 5 friend Kayla Ruby, who had a Lollipop Wand. So whenever the Oni shielded, she was there with Minor Death Strike. After that it was easy as pie.

Great Spyre/Malistaire (DS): I soloed this place. When I got dragged into a fight, I fled. When I went back in I walked around the monsters. In the CoF, things got sticky. I eventually triumphed and went to Malistaire. I one-hit his minions, then healed, hit, healed, hit. With a well-placed Reshuffle, he was gone with my new array of Centaurs and Satyrs. My HP never went below 600 in that fight.

Trial of the Spheres/Mithraya (CL): My group of four wizards (60/60/56/33) beat Astraeus without too much trouble, but we got stuck on the Moon room. When we did get to Ptolemous, we were all relieved. Halfway through, I needed to eat breakfast. (Epic fail, right?) Finishing off my waffles, I went to see the battle still in progress. One of the people said it wasn't the cheat that was hard, it was their health. On Mithraya, we countered her cheat on the first round and it was an easy victory.

Mirror Lake/Starburst Spiders (ZF): Our team of four (70/70/70/70) smashed this place to the ground. No surprises here.

Coven (GH): I did this at level 56 with a level 45 storm partner. First, I got out Spritey, then killed the storm while she killed the life. We proceeded to finish off the last two easily.

Nastrond/Frost Giants (WT): Again, a 70/70/70/70 group of four. We all enjoyed the challenge. Here's the funny part: We all thought the "Tag, you're it!" meant we needed to kill the person. We could never figure out the endless storm of 6-pip attacks that came our way.

Randolf (WS): I creamed him, as I was level 66.

What are YOUR World Boss Experiences?

Explorer
May 07, 2011
Krokopatra (KT): Battling her was like reading a novel - lots of plot twists. At the beginning, I was sure I was going to lose. I finished off the last minion with 12 HP remaining. Once I got in a few heals and summoned Spritey, I was winning. However, Krokopatra again got the upper hand with a bladed, trapped TRITON! I played Satyr on my turn but it fizzled. I'd forgotten the sprite was there, but at the last possible moment (3 health!) won the battle for me with a Leprechaun. This might have been my favorite.

Krokopatra can't use Triton -_-'

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
My favorite fight by far was Belloq. I solo'ed him.

I have a Storm wizard, and with my Storm wizard's insane damage boost, I quickly smashed my way to victory with Colossal Wild bolts, Thunder Snakes, and Lightning bats.

However, out of having fought him around 4 times or so, I lost at least once, so, my wizard is not quite as infallible as I thought.

However, sacrificing damage boost for resistance, I am sure I could solo Belloq more easily than ever.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
BlueHighwind wrote:

I didn't think she could either.
Maybe she used a Treasure Card.

Explorer
May 07, 2011
tyandash wrote:
BlueHighwind wrote:

I didn't think she could either.
Maybe she used a Treasure Card.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Krokopatra

According to this, she can use up to Kraken, if I read correcty.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Oh, goodness... I'm a level 80 Balance wizard, so there are too many of these to remember! But my favourite close encounters of the boss kind were:

Malistaire

My first wizard, a sorcerer, was level 52-ish when she hit up the Great Spyre~ after a rough start, my teammates (a pyro and another sorcerer, both grands) and I then proceeded to toss him and the minions like a salad. :P There were a few close calls, but we all made it back to WC with minimal injuries and our egos intact. :D

When I went back at level 60 (specifically to watch the "new" cut-scene, which was new back then), my heart turned to mush and I may or may not have shed a tear or two... *sniffle* The quality of storytelling has diminished since then, in my humble writer's opinion.

Mithraya

I had just finished in DS, when I got a call from a higher-level friend whose group needed help in Trial of the Spheres. I told him no, since I hadn't yet unlocked the area myself and figured it'd be too hard... but he insisted, so I ported into his battle circle, right across from this giant flaming faery woman! I didn't know about the cheats, and made the mistake of using a wand spark... LOL. Fortunately, I didn't die, and we all got some pretty neat rewards~ on top of that, I was prepared when I went to face her myself, 10 levels later.

Even better~ at level 70-odd, I was helping a friend with the same instance, and my Balance wiz leveled Mithraya with a critical, fully-pipped and bladed Amulet Judge, after which she had 4 health left. Closest to a one-hitter I've ever gotten, and I'll always remember being in shock when I knocked her out with a wand spark the round after. ;)

Mika Skarka

It was during this fight that I learned just how much Balance wizards have to rely on off-school treasures to keep a strategy intact (since, for us, it's not as simple as carrying an off-school wand)... So I packed a bunch of said treasures (most-notably Shatter, Tower, Steal Ward, and Cleanse Charm) and shamelessly spammed them throughout the entire fight. Because I was prepared, it was over quickly, and off to Avalon I went. ;)

Sylster Glowstorm

I hate Waterworks, for all of its boringness (yay, made-up word). But, last week, I agreed to help a guy who was looking for it... We had gotten to the final battle and KOed the minions, when my teammmate was defeated and ported away to refill his health... and didn't come back. I was nearly dead myself, but I held Glowstorm off (almost singlehandedly, too) for over an hour.

By the time my teammate returned, I was completely out of treasure cards and two hits away from putting Glowstorm out of his misery. I was super-proud of myself for managing to tough it out, because I'd thought I was done for.

Loved reading everyone else's stories, too!

-El Veeb
the Archmage of Awesomeness

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I love the guy at the end of Pyramid of the Sun (Kroka-waka-maka-laka ). You see me and my buddy were talking on the phone while playing through this (neither of us have text chat) when he tells me that he has to go eat breakfast and will be back later. Then he hangs up. I was just staring at Kroka-socka-maka, when this random lv 42 Death dude runs up and we both go in. I tear the minions down, he creams the boss and uses sacrifice on me twice throughout the battle. He rides away on his mount and I send him a friend request (which he kindly excepted). My friend then calls back and teleports to me asking what happened. I told him and then he totally goes insane because I beat the boss without him while he was eating cereal!

A while later my subscription runs out and I needed another one month. A week before I get my new one, I remind him that first thing were doing is going through the Vault of Ice. Then he tells me he already did it without him. I totally blow up, and he says that he had too since this Legendary was about to go in and he wanted to send the guy a friend request, and just tagged along since he was tired of waiting.