Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101/Pirate101 inconsistency?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 22, 2010
62
I've been playing a lot of pirate recently, and I'm now in Marleybone. In Pirate101, Marleybone city is part of a very large piece of land, and in wizard101, marleybone city is it's own floating island. I'm certain the city in Pirate101 is marleybone because it has a large clock tower and NPCs state it is marleybone.

Geographer
Mar 16, 2012
805
james skullheart on Nov 4, 2018 wrote:
I've been playing a lot of pirate recently, and I'm now in Marleybone. In Pirate101, Marleybone city is part of a very large piece of land, and in wizard101, marleybone city is it's own floating island. I'm certain the city in Pirate101 is marleybone because it has a large clock tower and NPCs state it is marleybone.
Marleybone in P101 is the same Marleybone; however, you don't actually see the edges of the "land" in W101, just the confines of the City. Also, that isn't to say that the large land on which Marleybone City is placed in P101 isn't actually a large island.

Explorer
Jun 22, 2010
62
anecorbie on Nov 4, 2018 wrote:
Marleybone in P101 is the same Marleybone; however, you don't actually see the edges of the "land" in W101, just the confines of the City. Also, that isn't to say that the large land on which Marleybone City is placed in P101 isn't actually a large island.
You see the edges of the land when you take the balloon ships. In Pirate101 on the other hand...

Survivor
Dec 30, 2010
13
If you go to the pet place in Pirate then follow the missions there will be a play thing about how pets came to pirate, and it says they traveled to a far away land with wizards, you can see Bartlelby, and all the pet games it shows are pet games in wizard 101. Coincidence I think not!

Geographer
Mar 16, 2012
805
james skullheart on Nov 6, 2018 wrote:
You see the edges of the land when you take the balloon ships. In Pirate101 on the other hand...
Well, if you can't trust Blind Mew to know that P101 & W101 inhabit the same Spiral at the same time in history....
Maybe Wizards aren't good map makers
It's the same Marleybone, just as it's the same MooShu...just a different part, seen from a different view. And I hope we'll be seeing Polaris, Krokotopia & Grizzelheim ( only different. )

Survivor
Jan 26, 2012
2
james skullheart on Nov 4, 2018 wrote:
I've been playing a lot of pirate recently, and I'm now in Marleybone. In Pirate101, Marleybone city is part of a very large piece of land, and in wizard101, marleybone city is it's own floating island. I'm certain the city in Pirate101 is marleybone because it has a large clock tower and NPCs state it is marleybone.
In Pirate101 Marleybone City is it's own floating island - if you sail to the right part of the skyway (over by the big landmass) you can actually see it, off in the distance, crowned by a tiny Big Ben.

Marleybone is a world, Marleybone City is a central bit of that world (the way The City is a region of London), and the main Marleybone Hub in Pirate is the Isle of Dogs (also a neighborhood in London, and too perfect of a name not to use!). The main threat of Beachhead is that its guns are big enough to shell Marleybone City from halway across the world.

As to timing, the two games are roughly contemporaneous: when the Pirate is in MooShu the Wizard is in Marelybone, thus the Emperor is still asleep. When the Pirate hits Marleybone the Wizard has left it for MooShu - thus the Wizard never heard about the Armada War, and there's a reference to the recent unpleasantness in Marleybone city.

Geographer
Mar 16, 2012
805
Blind Mew on Nov 9, 2018 wrote:
In Pirate101 Marleybone City is it's own floating island - if you sail to the right part of the skyway (over by the big landmass) you can actually see it, off in the distance, crowned by a tiny Big Ben.

Marleybone is a world, Marleybone City is a central bit of that world (the way The City is a region of London), and the main Marleybone Hub in Pirate is the Isle of Dogs (also a neighborhood in London, and too perfect of a name not to use!). The main threat of Beachhead is that its guns are big enough to shell Marleybone City from halway across the world.

As to timing, the two games are roughly contemporaneous: when the Pirate is in MooShu the Wizard is in Marelybone, thus the Emperor is still asleep. When the Pirate hits Marleybone the Wizard has left it for MooShu - thus the Wizard never heard about the Armada War, and there's a reference to the recent unpleasantness in Marleybone city.
This is your first post on W101, Blind Mew? Welcome to the Message Boards, although we pirates are missing our favorite cat....

Explorer
Jun 22, 2010
62
Marleybone City is on the large landmass halfway across the skyway, as I stated. Of course I'm not denying wizard and pirate are in the same universe, I'm just upset marleybone city is not the same in each game. Perhaps if marleybone is revamped like Wizard city, they might correct this? We can hope.

Survivor
Jan 26, 2012
2
james skullheart on Nov 10, 2018 wrote:
Marleybone City is on the large landmass halfway across the skyway, as I stated. Of course I'm not denying wizard and pirate are in the same universe, I'm just upset marleybone city is not the same in each game. Perhaps if marleybone is revamped like Wizard city, they might correct this? We can hope.
It may not have been visually clear enough in the final implementation, but in my mind Marleybone City isn't on the vast landmass - it's on a smaller island.

Geographer
Mar 16, 2012
805
Blind Mew on Nov 13, 2018 wrote:
It may not have been visually clear enough in the final implementation, but in my mind Marleybone City isn't on the vast landmass - it's on a smaller island.
Yes, I have tried to get a better view of the City from the skyway beyond Beachhead: it is hard to tell but it does seem that the large land mass ( White Cliffs of Rover? ) is separate from the City's location.