Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

wizard101 best school solo and why?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 03, 2013
Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
storm153d on Mar 30, 2013 wrote:
storm cool
For me it was fire school. I soloed the game the easiest and the fastest out of all my schools.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
Myth is the BEST school ever! Minions, they help in solo battles or PvP! Another cool thing is That We have amazing Damage for Our Higher Rank spells, like Medusa!!! I suggest EVERYONE should make a Myth Person! The Teacher Gets nicer as you get a higher level, and ANY level if Myth is Your Main School!!!

P.S. Make your secondary school SOMETHING Strong! (Like Storm or Fire!)

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
I think Death has the best ability of a solo school. Mainly the fact they can heal themselves. However I don't like playing on Death because that is the one school I can't pvp on. Hmm.. Storm is fun though cause no one stands a chance once you hit though.

Wolf Deathhammer Death 81 private :(
Wolf Stormblood Storm Knight (almost captain!)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
storm cool
You didn't even state the answer to your own question: why? Why would you think storm would be the best to solo with?
Death seems to be the easiest to solo...I've soloed all of the schools and Death was the only one I could solo Malistare with. Not only do you do damage, but using the blades, etc. available, you can pretty much guarantee you will not die.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
storm cool
Storm is good in damaging rates, but they are all damage and have low health and no healing spells. I think that Death school is the best, because they both heal and do damage in one spell. I'm Death, of course, and in about three months I was almost done with Celestia!

Survivor
Apr 21, 2011
Life, with a side order of death (equip a death mastery amulet for best results) You can heal yourself whenever needed, you have awesome strong attacks and include the death spells and you can even heal and hurt at the same time.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Comparing Death to Myth for solo:

Death (Lvl 90 )
- First wizard, and excellent at solo.
- Soloed almost everything without significant issues.
- Learning curve with first wizard.

Myth (Lvl 30)
- Second 'significant' wizard
- Possibly more effective in solo battle.
- Getting the multi-attack Humungofrog at such an early level makes battles quick and neat.
- At level 30 I have been defeated only twice in PvE.
- Constantly having to refill my health after each battle.

Spending so much time with a Death wizard I'm not used to constantly searching for health wisps after each battle. In Big Ben my Myth had to port out/in between battles for health. Overall I find Death easier only because I don't need to worry about filling up my health. Big factor in Marleybone where extra messing around gets you pulled into battles.

Happy Wizarding!

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Depends on your play style and approach to the game.

One person can solo most of the first arc without issues on a no-crowns storm and the second person will increasingly run into trouble.

The only difference being that the first guy may have a very risk-averse play style and have trained ice to Tower and life to Satyr, and the other guy is banking on closing down matches early via overwhelming damage, so trained death to Feint and elemental blades/traps. It's actually possible to solo comfortably with both strategies at low to mid level, but you will likely get frustrated with random blowouts if you can't heal or shield.

Even if each wizard is trained the same, the effects of different gear can make or break a solo career. You may be used to winning most of your solo matches until you hit a certain level, where new gear is available. A gear upgrade or gear difficulty "gap" may cause you to gain or lose some boost that helped you succeed. One obvious gear-quality "gap" is right as you enter CL you start to take unblocked criticals wearing your first-arc gear. You either need to level quickly so you can start wearing blocking gear, or you need to partner up with other players to survive. (Or both.) A lot of soloists hit a snag at this level, whether they do WT or not.

Explorer
May 14, 2009
Ice is probably the best to solo the spiral with due to its amazing health and great resist, while having a lot of block. It was really hard in the first several worlds, because it took a long time to kill mobs. But it is pretty easy for ice wizards in Avalon & Azteca. I could never see my storm soloing those two worlds by himself.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2012
well I think because it has a lot of defense EricRoseFlame lvl 16 and

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Though I am fire, I believe ice or life, . And in my opinion, storm is bad at soloing at higher levels due to bad health and lack of resist but its just me. And the reason ice is good at soloing is because they are a tank. High health, high resist, decent accuracy so they can survive longer than others. Life has good health, good accuracy, can heal like crazy, so they are good at soloing.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
For me, ice. There's lots of shields, resist, and MEGA health. The damage isn't the best, but with the currently available buffs, it's easy to make ice a hard hitter too.

Gabby, 90

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
I think Death because even though it might take longer to do battles without a low-level AoE spell, they come out of battles with full health and easily defeat enemies with their large arsenal of traps, blades, and drains.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2013
i think and are good for soloing death can hit and heal like wraith ghoul, dr.vons monster and scarecrow.And scarecrow hits all slaves for life it also can heal a lot like rebirth an all that like forest lord and life bubble. That what i think about best solo schools. By nicholas skullwraith