Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

wizard101 2012

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
I really love this game. i cant stop playing it but i cant help but feel the simplest things are made more complicated than they need to be. My 2 biggest complaints are the pet training and the gear stats. I have 3 wizards myth death and balance. here the new lvl cap is 80 and we are still using our lvl 60 gear. why? because for one maybe it doesnt sacrifice resistance, or critical block or attack. or attributes like attack is far more lower at lvl 74 gear than 60. This doesnt make sense why is it that the higher the level the more the gear penalize us? why does the gear give us this either this or that factor? i really wish K.I. would put much more effort into making more effective gear for our players. If people really think about it the worlds and the enemies are getting harder our stats just arent improving for the better. New worlds come out, lvl cap raises and we get such useless gear. it gets so sicking every 2 lvls you advance and you hit the bazaar shop just to find that the high level gear doesnt benefit you at all. Why should i give up my attack because they added an accuracy boost? its an rpg game the gear is suppose to get better each lvl cap. My second complaint is the pet training. i cant even begin to start with how ridiculous this feature is. Lets start with it like this: Lets say you pay 46000 gold for a hatch you wait 21 hours for the egg to hatch. you train this pet to epic and he pet doesnt turn out the way you wanted it to because you dont have the opinion to chose your abilities. I grow my snacks, farm for pixie sticks in mirror lake, spend so much money hatching and its all just a waste. some of the results from training are so repetitive. its such a waste of time, gold, and snacks. why is it so much hard work or should i say trial and error just to get my jade hound with pierce, spellproof, spritely, and myth shot. if i spend the gold to hatch out the abilities, grew valueable mega snacks, and gave my precious time to train the pet(s) why cant i chose the skills for my pet. its only fair. I hope i am being heard on this because these are the only issues i have with this game and i hope some changes are made.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Um no? I dont need everyone getting the perfect pet on their first try after I did multiple hatches for mine.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
I do have to agree with the OP here. I understand the gear is diverse to keep from making us over powered, but at every level cap, the rings and athames give lower power pip chances, and damage and resistances drop to give us a meager amount of armor piercing for gear. No gear has shown to be better than my waterworks gear, even by my current level of 74. The only thing steadily impropving are the wands. I won't get into the pets, since I have spent so much time and resources on gettng the talents that I want, my view is conflicted.
-eli and crew

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I basically agree with this post.

1. The gear offerings in Wizard101 are far sub standard to other RPG games. I doubt I'll go 20 levels without some kind of gear upgrade when the new Diablo comes out next week.

Also, I will never understand KI's insistence on releasing duel school gear. They create so much of it. I wonder if anyone in the history of this game has ever bought a fire robe that also gave boosts to death attack.

2. I do think there is room for improvement in the pet hatching feature of this game. My main problem is getting the two pets I want to hatch with onto a wizard with money, hatching, then putting the new pets onto whatever wizard I want to train them, then possibly moving them again onto the wizard that is going to use the pet. It is such a lengthy and tedious process, I feel certain there is a better way to deal with hatching.

I too have had trouble getting the talents I want on my pets. I have easily hatched and trained over 200 pets, including 1-2 pets per day over the last few months. I can get proof and defy on one, and proof and spritely on another, and defy and spritely on another, but I can't get all 3 talents onto one pet yet. I realize it's the luck of the the draw, or in my case, the bad luck of the draw, but I am getting worn out trying to get those 3 talents onto one pet.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
My 2 sore spots in the game also. I to wish there were some improvements to those areas.

Defender
Jun 03, 2009
brwac wrote:
My 2 sore spots in the game also. I to wish there were some improvements to those areas.
I also agree on the armor issues fix it kings I'm not buying your nasty crown stuff it has NO use in the game for higher level wizards like these good players and myself.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
Ronster55 wrote:
Um no? I dont need everyone getting the perfect pet on their first try after I did multiple hatches for mine.

You should be grateful for succeeding in getting your "perfect pet". and thats not to be rude but what is one's idea of the perfect pet? 2 spellproofs, spritely and unicorn? 2 spellproofs a spritely and whatever else comes along? yeah i see that on several characters but you know everyone plays the game different. Not everyone seeks the same abilities for their pet. THink about this for a minute is it really fair to put players in a position to obtaining this perfect pet through trial and error and chance? if you think about it the whole game is based on chance. Please dont mistake me on this i am happy for people who got the pet the way they want it. All i am sayings its far to much hassle for something so simple. there are millions of subscribers and all i am saying is if people are gonna pay for entertainment the let their money count towards them being entertained not frustrated.