Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why the removed quests?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Dec 02, 2008
I guess they were of the scattered, hard to find variety, but there was nothing really wrong with the removed quests, so why remove them? Perhaps because the mark and recall system will make them really quick and easy?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
I'd ask what quests, but I suppose I will figure it out this morning.

I only hope they are all the random Marleybone quests. There was way too much running around and having to keep going back to cleared areas to do more quests.

Krokotopia was similar, but not as bad.

Personally, I think they made a good move when they created Mooshu/Dragonspyre. The zones and quests are laid out in a logical manner, and you don't usually have to keep running back to zones that you already cleared.

On a side note, one could almost argue that the zones in Mooshu/Dragonspyre were too short, because there were less quests. But to be completely honest, there is not a lot of variety in this game, both with visuals and gameplay (One Dragonspyre zone looks like all Dragonspyre zones), so by adding more 'kill ten of these guys' quests just to add length to the worlds would just add annoyance, not enjoyment.

So maybe they removed some quests to streamline gameplay and keep some zones, like Marleybone, a little less annoying.

Anyway, like I said, I will end up finding out after the patch.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2008
That's too funny. My newest wizard just finished those quests a few days ago. There was a LOT of running around and back and forth. They made for extremely long quests, but seemed to give good experience for completing them. Idk, I guess at least our next new wizards won't have to do them.