Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why I hate Wizard101 Socialization.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 29, 2015
2
These are the following reasons why I go solo most of the time, in and out of battle.

1. People Always Want Something.

Happy because you finally made a new friend on W101? Not for long. Prepare to be peppered, salted, sprayed and dipped in the most annoying questions in a W101 gamer's lifetime. It is so annoying. I like to call these people LEECHES. It truly doesn't matter what level these people are. Its inevitable. Especially if you have a membership or look "good." You and your newly found friend will soon hit it off, but then the questions reveal itself. "Can you take me to (Place in the spiral)?" OR "Can you gift me a pack/mount?" IT IS SO ANNOYING. I have actually developed major trust issues in people on this game due to this... Issue. I once wore my wintertide I think? Or was it yuletide? Whatever, they were winter boots, and I was asked by a 110, I REPEAT, 110 Level girl if she could gift me a pack. Just.... -.- Blocked, Reported, Ignored AND Deleted.

2. Creepy Boys.
I just want a close guy friend who will be silly and funny and goofy without trying to be romantic or gross or creepy. I get along with boys more than girls in real life, so it would be nice to try to have that same connection online without being deceived into being someone's "girl". It actually truly hurts my feelings when I feel like I can trust a guy enough for me to actually add him, (It takes a long of running into for me to actually add people) and then a week later, he is on one knee nearly proposing to a bunch of "alluring" pixels. It actually really stings me when they ask me to be their "girl". Honestly, I joined this game for fun questing, chatting with FRIENDS (that I'll probably never meet), and purely having fun. Not to get married.

3. Questing Friends
Now, this falls under the 1st category, but I felt this needed a category for itself since it happens all the time. These are the friends that you like for a bit, make the mistake of adding, and you two drift off, and you forget to add this friend. Then 2 months later, they ask you two trillion times if you can help them with a quest your most likely already completed, or haven't completed. (When you'd honestly rather go solo) Or, a quest you are not even near! And when you kill the boss or finish the quest, they just see you as a personal help robot.

4. Bullying
Come on. You could not have not expected this one. The bullying is horrible. It's violent, cruel and purely evil. I've seen people say "Shoot yourself". Its awful. And its usually toward the newer players. Being a devoted player for a year now, this is just sick. The higher ups are usually crueler to the new players when the shop at the shopping district, and not the bazaar or the crowns shop (Which they most likely have not explored yet.)

I've played this game for quite a while now, and all I have to say is:

Come on Wizard101 players. You can do better than this. I've seen you at your better. :)

Amanda AshBane, Level 53 Grandmaster Pyromancer.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
379
1. I personally have little problem with beggars because I don't hang out in the Commons enough. If any of my friends ask, the answer is no because I simply don't have Crowns. However, I have no problem whatsoever with people who ask to be taken somewhere. I have had the problem of needing to go somewhere for a spell/pet, but not having reached that area at the point of receiving the quest.

2. I don't seem to have problems with males either. I'm not interested in dating, and if they ask, the answer is again, no. If they continue to be pushy, delete them. Simple.

3. This is another one of those "the answer is no" scenarios. If you don't want to/can't help them, don't be afraid to reject. It's your time and assistance they are requesting, you have the right to deny them.

4. If you are getting bullied, ignore. If they are breaking the Terms of Use, report then ignore. If someone else is getting bullied, who you think may not be able to report ToU violations, report for them. As Martin Luther King Jr. said, "whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly."

Last but not least, remember that there are a lot of good players out there, who outnumber the bad ones.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
545
I agree with every single one of your points. It got to the point where I actually made and paid for a second account because I was so fed up with the nonsense of rude/thoughtless people. I do not play nice with others. I also made a boy character specifically for chatting with other male characters--back when I still chatted with others. It's especially infuriating that I have a perfectly good relationship irl yet boy characters in game still think they can "convince" me to "go out with them" anyway. How do you even have a relationship in a game? It's just silly.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2012
5
I agree with you. I highly enjoy questing on my own. Whenever I accept a friend request it seems like they immediately start bombarding me with requests for help. There are also times when I disagree with their battle strategies or they let me do all the fighting.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
657
I'm no longer bothered by beggers and leeches, because I only play the game on my terms.

I'll help players, with the quickly shared disclaimer; I can help you for 1-2 quests or tasks.
As soon as it feels like a grind, or I'm doing most, or all of the work, I thank the person for their invite, and excuse myself.

Requests for crown items are completely ignored, although in the past, I use to respond "I was going to ask you the same thing"
or let me ask my mom, but she'll probably say no, because the last time I asked, she was really mean, and told me to get a job, and I"M LIKE ME WORK; THAT's CRAZY TALK!

Play the game on your own terms, and if others don't like this, that's their problem; but never yours.

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
149
Back in the day I could relate to 4. Now I have to deal with 1 and 3 :P (Not to be mean but at least try to solo. I tried on my storm and ended up being very good at it.)

Survivor
Jul 03, 2016
5
for #3. their are mission's that i have encountered that were way too difficult to handle. luckily, i found a lvl 110 ice wizard who was willing to help me out with all my quests but i didn't leech off of him since i find satisfaction in completing it on my own but if its something impossible to solo or requires you to be with other players to complete it because trust me, i have a lvl 51 balance wizard and i have a tough time soloing dungeons and what not so every now and then, i would have to ask my friend to help me out and he does not mind. i agree that they can deny helping them with anything but its always a kind and caring thing if you don't have anything else better to do than just sit there with your maxed out wizard to be honest. for me, i believe in hard work and friendship and it always makes me feel happy to help others out. it makes me feel good about myself whenever i do so :D

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
166
1. best way to stop these guys is to ignore them if they keep bothering you(most normal people may ask once and leave you alone

2.i didn't even know that that goes on i think that it's a reportable offense(don't quote me on that i haven't read the rules since i first joined and i was 8-9 when i first joined)

3. I'm guilty of this for a good portion of my friends so i've got nothing on this one

4. Toxic people is really common in this game for some reason(mainly in PVP) just report them and they will get muted or banned

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
545
The Wyrm on Aug 9, 2016 wrote:
1. best way to stop these guys is to ignore them if they keep bothering you(most normal people may ask once and leave you alone

2.i didn't even know that that goes on i think that it's a reportable offense(don't quote me on that i haven't read the rules since i first joined and i was 8-9 when i first joined)

3. I'm guilty of this for a good portion of my friends so i've got nothing on this one

4. Toxic people is really common in this game for some reason(mainly in PVP) just report them and they will get muted or banned
PLEASE do not report people for trying to date other players!!!!! We had a huge problem quite a few years back with a bunch of people completely misinterpreting something that a KI employee said and thinking that suddenly it was ok to report anyone who said "I need a boy/girl." It was a big mess and accounts were punished for false reports.

Also please do not report for "bullying" of any kind!! Unless they are using foul language or getting around the filter (sorry boys and girls, getting around the filter is still considered cursing), it is not reportable. The proper procedure is to block, change realms, etc.. Using the report button for people being rude/mean is not appropriate and will get YOU into trouble.

Please brush up on the rules again- judging on the fact that you said you last read the rules a long time ago, a refresher course is absolutely necessary.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
166
Starblood653 on Aug 9, 2016 wrote:
PLEASE do not report people for trying to date other players!!!!! We had a huge problem quite a few years back with a bunch of people completely misinterpreting something that a KI employee said and thinking that suddenly it was ok to report anyone who said "I need a boy/girl." It was a big mess and accounts were punished for false reports.

Also please do not report for "bullying" of any kind!! Unless they are using foul language or getting around the filter (sorry boys and girls, getting around the filter is still considered cursing), it is not reportable. The proper procedure is to block, change realms, etc.. Using the report button for people being rude/mean is not appropriate and will get YOU into trouble.

Please brush up on the rules again- judging on the fact that you said you last read the rules a long time ago, a refresher course is absolutely necessary.
Yea i do need a rule refresher and i meant people getting around the filter as bullying sorry if i wasn't clear on that and gave misinformation

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
657
Starblood653 on Aug 9, 2016 wrote:
PLEASE do not report people for trying to date other players!!!!! We had a huge problem quite a few years back with a bunch of people completely misinterpreting something that a KI employee said and thinking that suddenly it was ok to report anyone who said "I need a boy/girl." It was a big mess and accounts were punished for false reports.

Also please do not report for "bullying" of any kind!! Unless they are using foul language or getting around the filter (sorry boys and girls, getting around the filter is still considered cursing), it is not reportable. The proper procedure is to block, change realms, etc.. Using the report button for people being rude/mean is not appropriate and will get YOU into trouble.

Please brush up on the rules again- judging on the fact that you said you last read the rules a long time ago, a refresher course is absolutely necessary.
Wizard101 is a family game with rules for conduct, and a process in place to report inappropriate behavior. While false reporting occurs, holding individuals accountable for their bad behavior is appropriate. Please see Wizard101 Help-FAQ Web Page shown below for what are; and are not reportable offenses:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/help-faq

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
545
Tylerwildpants on Aug 11, 2016 wrote:
Wizard101 is a family game with rules for conduct, and a process in place to report inappropriate behavior. While false reporting occurs, holding individuals accountable for their bad behavior is appropriate. Please see Wizard101 Help-FAQ Web Page shown below for what are; and are not reportable offenses:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/help-faq
It has been explicitly specified that behavior devoid of cursing, racism and other "egregious offenses" is not reportable. Simply being rude is not reportable. Please read the page you just linked me to.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
657
Starblood653 on Aug 9, 2016 wrote:
PLEASE do not report people for trying to date other players!!!!! We had a huge problem quite a few years back with a bunch of people completely misinterpreting something that a KI employee said and thinking that suddenly it was ok to report anyone who said "I need a boy/girl." It was a big mess and accounts were punished for false reports.

Also please do not report for "bullying" of any kind!! Unless they are using foul language or getting around the filter (sorry boys and girls, getting around the filter is still considered cursing), it is not reportable. The proper procedure is to block, change realms, etc.. Using the report button for people being rude/mean is not appropriate and will get YOU into trouble.

Please brush up on the rules again- judging on the fact that you said you last read the rules a long time ago, a refresher course is absolutely necessary.
I'm very OK with any person who bullies other individuals, and gets reported and banned. I have young children and relatives that play Wizard 101; because this is a great family game. However, there's no justification for any adult to prey, pursue, bully, harass, or stalk children, by repeatedly asking them to be their boy or girlfriend.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1470
Starblood653 are you a mod? I am honestly asking because I am new to the forums. It seems you are being adamant about telling people not to report other people.

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
198
I will always play this game because of the incredible friends I have made. Soloing fights and exploring on m y own is great but I am always looking for friendship. Good advice has been given here in this thread re: begging and bullying so I will not repeat it. I wanted to touch on the dating aspect or, #2 annoyance of the OP. I had a friend who was male and we were besties. Yes there were feelings but it wasn't something that carried through IRL. We found each other by complete fate through a friend and it was just one of those things where we had so much in common. He helped my game immensely and I helped him through a really rough time. We were there for each other and had some of the best times in game for over a year. I will never forget him. Were we dating in game? Not really, but we cared about each other and defended each other always. I think those kind of relationships should be encouraged but unless you have had one, you may not know what it is like. I see no harm in it as long as no personal information is exchanged. It may be rare, but you can forge that kind of relationship by choice as I have seen happen, or you can be like me where it just happens without intent. I would never trade our time together in the spiral for anything. It was a great time in my life and I am happy I was open to that. So in my opinion it is not all bad. If I would have been closed off that day, as some of these responses imply wizards "should be" , I would have missed out on knowing a great person. That would have been a real shame. Just my two cents.

Autumn Wild Heart 110

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
126
I am a high level and never really go to the commons because it makes me cringe, but as a boy I can't relate to the whole dating thing. I am pretty guilty of #3, but I think of it as a you scratch my back I scratch yours. I get friends about my level, we quest or farm a bit. I find player quests to actually be very fun and useful. One time I was walking around and a low level asked me to take him to moosu. He ended up taking me to koto and I got ninja pigs. Today another player asked me to help him through mount Olympus, I did a run and he got his max level and helped me quest a bit. My biggest gripe is beggars, but I'm perfectly ok with #3 a lot of the time.

Defender
May 16, 2009
103
1. Never had this problem... for the most part. I never hang out in heavily populated areas long enough to see this, as I'm usually off questing alone or something. However, I hate it when friends constantly ask me for help even though they are fully capable on their own. Another pet peeve of mine is when friends use me as a mobile teleporter because they are too lazy to walk themselves or set their own teleporters to quest faster. I usually keep friend teleports off because of this. Seriously. It's not that hard to push a couple buttons and walk for once.

2. This aspect just felt extremely cringe worthy to me. I remember a girl trying to get me to marry her in game, and I just got creeped out and took a break from the game for a couple days... not going through that again lol.

3. Happens to me as a Balance Wizard in higher level worlds all the time. Even had a "friend" remove me because I was always in combat when he needed constant assistance in a higher world.

4. I can't say much on the bullying because I never see it happen. I'm kind of busy questing solo most of the time to take time and hang out somewhere like the commons.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1112
I agree with all of you. This kind of socialization needs to stop. Drama, Bullying and using players for gifts, tc, and crowns causes good people to quit playing. 2# this is a strategy game not a dating site. The chances are none of us will not meet in real life for love and romance anyway. Wizard101 is a good and well made game. I enjoy playing it and I hope it stays for years to come.

Delver
May 12, 2012
224
Leiylan on Aug 5, 2016 wrote:
These are the following reasons why I go solo most of the time, in and out of battle.

1. People Always Want Something.

Happy because you finally made a new friend on W101? Not for long. Prepare to be peppered, salted, sprayed and dipped in the most annoying questions in a W101 gamer's lifetime. It is so annoying. I like to call these people LEECHES. It truly doesn't matter what level these people are. Its inevitable. Especially if you have a membership or look "good." You and your newly found friend will soon hit it off, but then the questions reveal itself. "Can you take me to (Place in the spiral)?" OR "Can you gift me a pack/mount?" IT IS SO ANNOYING. I have actually developed major trust issues in people on this game due to this... Issue. I once wore my wintertide I think? Or was it yuletide? Whatever, they were winter boots, and I was asked by a 110, I REPEAT, 110 Level girl if she could gift me a pack. Just.... -.- Blocked, Reported, Ignored AND Deleted.

2. Creepy Boys.
I just want a close guy friend who will be silly and funny and goofy without trying to be romantic or gross or creepy. I get along with boys more than girls in real life, so it would be nice to try to have that same connection online without being deceived into being someone's "girl". It actually truly hurts my feelings when I feel like I can trust a guy enough for me to actually add him, (It takes a long of running into for me to actually add people) and then a week later, he is on one knee nearly proposing to a bunch of "alluring" pixels. It actually really stings me when they ask me to be their "girl". Honestly, I joined this game for fun questing, chatting with FRIENDS (that I'll probably never meet), and purely having fun. Not to get married.

3. Questing Friends
Now, this falls under the 1st category, but I felt this needed a category for itself since it happens all the time. These are the friends that you like for a bit, make the mistake of adding, and you two drift off, and you forget to add this friend. Then 2 months later, they ask you two trillion times if you can help them with a quest your most likely already completed, or haven't completed. (When you'd honestly rather go solo) Or, a quest you are not even near! And when you kill the boss or finish the quest, they just see you as a personal help robot.

4. Bullying
Come on. You could not have not expected this one. The bullying is horrible. It's violent, cruel and purely evil. I've seen people say "Shoot yourself". Its awful. And its usually toward the newer players. Being a devoted player for a year now, this is just sick. The higher ups are usually crueler to the new players when the shop at the shopping district, and not the bazaar or the crowns shop (Which they most likely have not explored yet.)

I've played this game for quite a while now, and all I have to say is:

Come on Wizard101 players. You can do better than this. I've seen you at your better. :)

Amanda AshBane, Level 53 Grandmaster Pyromancer.
1. Beggars, yes -.- I don't hang around The Commons as much as I used to.

2. Don't have a problem with that. That's actually a reason I like Wizard101, because other games have much more of a problem with this and that is why I distance from them and come more to KI games.

3. My family plays, so I just quest with them.

4. Ya, its gotten worse, but the wonderful report and block button is there. Sometimes, its hard to report though. You just don't know why you can't push that button even though you want to. Been there.
- Allison Dragongem

Delver
May 12, 2012
224
Leiylan on Aug 5, 2016 wrote:
These are the following reasons why I go solo most of the time, in and out of battle.

1. People Always Want Something.

Happy because you finally made a new friend on W101? Not for long. Prepare to be peppered, salted, sprayed and dipped in the most annoying questions in a W101 gamer's lifetime. It is so annoying. I like to call these people LEECHES. It truly doesn't matter what level these people are. Its inevitable. Especially if you have a membership or look "good." You and your newly found friend will soon hit it off, but then the questions reveal itself. "Can you take me to (Place in the spiral)?" OR "Can you gift me a pack/mount?" IT IS SO ANNOYING. I have actually developed major trust issues in people on this game due to this... Issue. I once wore my wintertide I think? Or was it yuletide? Whatever, they were winter boots, and I was asked by a 110, I REPEAT, 110 Level girl if she could gift me a pack. Just.... -.- Blocked, Reported, Ignored AND Deleted.

2. Creepy Boys.
I just want a close guy friend who will be silly and funny and goofy without trying to be romantic or gross or creepy. I get along with boys more than girls in real life, so it would be nice to try to have that same connection online without being deceived into being someone's "girl". It actually truly hurts my feelings when I feel like I can trust a guy enough for me to actually add him, (It takes a long of running into for me to actually add people) and then a week later, he is on one knee nearly proposing to a bunch of "alluring" pixels. It actually really stings me when they ask me to be their "girl". Honestly, I joined this game for fun questing, chatting with FRIENDS (that I'll probably never meet), and purely having fun. Not to get married.

3. Questing Friends
Now, this falls under the 1st category, but I felt this needed a category for itself since it happens all the time. These are the friends that you like for a bit, make the mistake of adding, and you two drift off, and you forget to add this friend. Then 2 months later, they ask you two trillion times if you can help them with a quest your most likely already completed, or haven't completed. (When you'd honestly rather go solo) Or, a quest you are not even near! And when you kill the boss or finish the quest, they just see you as a personal help robot.

4. Bullying
Come on. You could not have not expected this one. The bullying is horrible. It's violent, cruel and purely evil. I've seen people say "Shoot yourself". Its awful. And its usually toward the newer players. Being a devoted player for a year now, this is just sick. The higher ups are usually crueler to the new players when the shop at the shopping district, and not the bazaar or the crowns shop (Which they most likely have not explored yet.)

I've played this game for quite a while now, and all I have to say is:

Come on Wizard101 players. You can do better than this. I've seen you at your better. :)

Amanda AshBane, Level 53 Grandmaster Pyromancer.
Remembered these 2 stories from 2015 summer and 2016 summer:

2016:

So, my best friend in the game (not irl) asked if we could do 2v2 pvp because we wanted to do something together because school would be starting soon. We never pvp, but we just decided to for a change. We deeply regretted it. Went into a battle versus warlord level 10s (i was on my level 25 she was on her 30) and they did a lot of bad language. We did nothing. Absolutely nothing. About the third or so round, the 2 girls (yes, girls, girls do more bullying than boys on the game actually) said that we were noobs, chickens, etc (will not name all). Well, excuse me for never doing pvp and being on a char I am not on much! When the match was over (they of course won), we went back to the pvp waiting place, and were reported. We said no language, swear. We didn't even say anything when they called us things, just ignored. We were reported. I reported back, but my friend went overboard. She reported like 1000 times. The language was more targeted to her than it was to me. I told her to stop, but she was mad (and she gets mad easily)

2015:

Again, pvp, my friend who rarely plays and I were in the arena against warlords (i don't remember their levels or what char I was on) and it was a whole scenario of bad name calling, foul language, but worse than the 2016 story. Not targeted at me, only my friend. Saying her char was ugly, which she took personally, saying that she had a ugly name, which she took even more personally, and saying she was no good and shouldn't be playing, which threw her off the roof. She was so upset. I never knew she could be hurt that bad. Afterwards, she didn't talk, didn't say anything, just ported to her house. Her ports were off so I went in through castle tours and told her to ignore. She really couldn't ignore. She told me she had an ugly name irl and looked ugly irl. I told her that was not true and gave her a ignore them speech but she was really brought down and was for weeks

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
1060
Leiylan on Aug 5, 2016 wrote:
These are the following reasons why I go solo most of the time, in and out of battle.

1. People Always Want Something.

Happy because you finally made a new friend on W101? Not for long. Prepare to be peppered, salted, sprayed and dipped in the most annoying questions in a W101 gamer's lifetime. It is so annoying. I like to call these people LEECHES. It truly doesn't matter what level these people are. Its inevitable. Especially if you have a membership or look "good." You and your newly found friend will soon hit it off, but then the questions reveal itself. "Can you take me to (Place in the spiral)?" OR "Can you gift me a pack/mount?" IT IS SO ANNOYING. I have actually developed major trust issues in people on this game due to this... Issue. I once wore my wintertide I think? Or was it yuletide? Whatever, they were winter boots, and I was asked by a 110, I REPEAT, 110 Level girl if she could gift me a pack. Just.... -.- Blocked, Reported, Ignored AND Deleted.

2. Creepy Boys.
I just want a close guy friend who will be silly and funny and goofy without trying to be romantic or gross or creepy. I get along with boys more than girls in real life, so it would be nice to try to have that same connection online without being deceived into being someone's "girl". It actually truly hurts my feelings when I feel like I can trust a guy enough for me to actually add him, (It takes a long of running into for me to actually add people) and then a week later, he is on one knee nearly proposing to a bunch of "alluring" pixels. It actually really stings me when they ask me to be their "girl". Honestly, I joined this game for fun questing, chatting with FRIENDS (that I'll probably never meet), and purely having fun. Not to get married.

3. Questing Friends
Now, this falls under the 1st category, but I felt this needed a category for itself since it happens all the time. These are the friends that you like for a bit, make the mistake of adding, and you two drift off, and you forget to add this friend. Then 2 months later, they ask you two trillion times if you can help them with a quest your most likely already completed, or haven't completed. (When you'd honestly rather go solo) Or, a quest you are not even near! And when you kill the boss or finish the quest, they just see you as a personal help robot.

4. Bullying
Come on. You could not have not expected this one. The bullying is horrible. It's violent, cruel and purely evil. I've seen people say "Shoot yourself". Its awful. And its usually toward the newer players. Being a devoted player for a year now, this is just sick. The higher ups are usually crueler to the new players when the shop at the shopping district, and not the bazaar or the crowns shop (Which they most likely have not explored yet.)

I've played this game for quite a while now, and all I have to say is:

Come on Wizard101 players. You can do better than this. I've seen you at your better. :)

Amanda AshBane, Level 53 Grandmaster Pyromancer.
1. The fastest way to end a new friendship with me is to ask me if I have crowns or will I gift them something. I have even had someone ask me to buy them a Mastery Amulet! I'm a Crowns player and my crowns go to buying zones, if I have crowns left over, I will usually gift a pack or two to a special friend who has helped me through difficult quests.
2.Creepy boys & girls - I have two accounts, here and in P101: I have some boy wizards and pirates, it's just weird to be asked to "date/be someone's 'significant other' "on an MMO! You really don't know who the other person is on the other side of the screen! This is very dangerous behavior, IMO.
3. I don't mind helping a friend in a few dungeons, just as long as they understand that if I can't come to help them, it's because I can't. Because I'm in the middle of battle or I haven't reached that part of the worlds yet, or I'm out of crowns to buy zones. Fortunately, many of my friends understand this, the ones that don't - well, we won't be friends long enough for it to matter.
4. Saying "Shoot yourself" IS the type of on-line bullying that ought to be reported ( as well as cursing and sexting/harassment. ) AND if they are cursing around the filter in a public area in such a way that anyone can read it, REPORT them - it doesn't matter if it's aimed at you or not.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2008
8
Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1112
Patrick Ravenbane on Sep 16, 2016 wrote:
I agree with all of you. This kind of socialization needs to stop. Drama, Bullying and using players for gifts, tc, and crowns causes good people to quit playing. 2# this is a strategy game not a dating site. The chances are none of us will not meet in real life for love and romance anyway. Wizard101 is a good and well made game. I enjoy playing it and I hope it stays for years to come.
I'm a heavy quester and I usually quest alone because of the bullying and beggers. I'm not someone's punching bag, Christmas/ money tree. I did gift a few players awhile back which was a mistake. Those players came back for more gifts and the word got out to their friends. Now I say "I don't gift". I go on a perfect realm to avoid this kind of socialization as much as possible and turn my tc request to off when I'm in the Bazaar. Everyone is welcome on my friends list but when a player adds me and asks for tc or gift, that's a hint of a begger and will not stay on my list. Ignoring and blocking bullies is easy but won't stop them from going to someone else which will eventually cause damage to the game. Have fun Wizards!

Tarlac Swiftblade 110
Arthur Battlethorn 110
Seth Stormstalker 110
Sloan Stormcatcher 110
Connor Deathslinger 110
Adrian Firecaster 110
Carlos Nightshade 80
Tanner Stormrider 53
Gorman Mythhaven 53

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1470
ITA with the last posts. Patrick put it really well: "I'm not someone's punching bag, Christmas/money tree."

I'm really sorry for Mythicali126's friend. Their stories show how deep words can cut. Your friend was hurt and felt bad for weeks. Cyber bullying is serious. Those 2 players probably did that to other players all day long.

anecorbie I agree with your entire post. If they are being abusive to one player at random, they are doing it to other players, too.

Always trust instincts. If you feel creeped on or pushed around or used or bullied, listen to it. When I haven't, it just increased, so I have learned to trust those feelings.

We pay for the game with time and money. No one has a right to make it a bad experience. Cyber bullies and creepers can really impact people even when the game is off. They laugh at that. But then why do they keep doing it. They know it impacts people, even if they laugh it off. Otherwise they wouldn't keep doing it. They do it because they enjoy making people upset.

I've also met a lot of good people, and I appreciate that the game tries so hard to protect players from cyber bullies.

One of my wiz was abused in a whisper PM, out of the blue. I think whisper to non friends should be removed from the game. I had to google it. It could be another way bullies get to new players, because they think it's a friend.

Has anyone had problems with players demanding to be taken to paid areas? It's been a problem lately. They want full access but not to sacrifice any of their own $ for it.

Defender
Dec 07, 2012
130
I agree with you, Leiylan. Beggars aren't fun people to with, especially when they're begging you for fifty different things. I was in the commons once, some guy asked to make a deal with him. I asked him what it was, he asked me for a pack. I know I probably shouldn't have even asked him what it was, but it I already did. After saying no, about four other guys walked up to me two seconds later all asking me for packs. So yeah, I understand you.
Like you said about the creepy guys, I don't come on either to go around to go get myself married.
With the questing friends, I've had that. I've had friends that I added, forgotten that they were even on my list, then whenever I see them on they spam me asking me to help them with some quest.
Bullying is really a horrible thing. People do often bully in PVP, and like you said, to newer players. I understand what you mean by all of this.

--Fiona