Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does Master Ambrose keep calling me?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
Somewhere in my Krokotopia quest, Master Ambrose contacted me to his office, saying a package had been delivered for me. When I arrived right away, nothing new had happened. Couldn't figure it out; I let it go.
Okay...
Later, when I was in Marleybone, Master Ambrose again contacted me to his office, but when I got there right away, again nothing new had happened.
I figured that as I advanced, stuff would happen, sure. But important sounding notices, and then nothing? I don't get it.
Am I missing pieces of this ultimate puzzle/game, or is it a glitch that needs fixing?
I have been very careful to complete every quest in every World. I have completed Wizard City, and Krototopia, and have recently gone to Marleybone.
Do I need to make a tech issue of this, or am I missing something?
Thanks for all comments,
Planet of Janet

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
It's a known issue. He's been calling us for a year and a half now. Until they can find a fix, KI has been making Merle's summons clearer. If you are being summoned for the Grizzleheim or the pet pavillion, he is more specific about it.

Defender
May 25, 2009
Prospector Zeke doesn't like to tell people this over and over: Check the Frequently Asked Questions!

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
Adherent
May 20, 2010
You might want to read the FAQ.

Professor Ambrose generally will call you in at every 5th level just to have a look at you. It's just something that we put up with.

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
i'm sure this is the moderators job to say this but i'm gonna say it any way the answer is in the frequently asked questions column so if you seek the answer look it up in the F.A.Q forum

Delver
May 26, 2009
Defender
Nov 20, 2010
PlanetofJanet wrote:
Somewhere in my Krokotopia quest, Master Ambrose contacted me to his office, saying a package had been delivered for me. When I arrived right away, nothing new had happened. Couldn't figure it out; I let it go.
Okay...
Later, when I was in Marleybone, Master Ambrose again contacted me to his office, but when I got there right away, again nothing new had happened.
I figured that as I advanced, stuff would happen, sure. But important sounding notices, and then nothing? I don't get it.
Am I missing pieces of this ultimate puzzle/game, or is it a glitch that needs fixing?
I have been very careful to complete every quest in every World. I have completed Wizard City, and Krototopia, and have recently gone to Marleybone.
Do I need to make a tech issue of this, or am I missing something?
Thanks for all comments,
Planet of Janet

If you go to the FAQ section of the Message Boards, there is a question that says "Merle summoned me, but has nothing for me!" I had the same problem, and I looked there. It should explain it to you. I hope this helped!

Rachel RavenTalon, Level 34 Myth

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
This message has been answered several times and you can find it in the known bug section and I believe (don't quote me) in the frequently asked question section.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Ambrose of the real Wizard City got a bit grumpy about Kingsisle sending so many students out to check stuff here and there without notifying him, so he planted a small spell that summons students to his office every so often - there, he can get a brief check on them and make sure that they are still qualified for the tasks ahead.

And, as we all know, it is so very, very tricky to get magic out of the computers when all you have to work with is a mouse and a keyboard.