Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does Ice give out most health?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 16, 2012
I was just thinking this when i was in the commons. It really isn't fair if you think about it. I dont understand why they give more health then the other schools! :x And the Fire School gives out the the least health! Is the Ice School more special? Or what?

Please no mean comments, and also post if you agree or disagree and why.

~Love,
Emily Skyblade, Lvl 21 Fire wiz.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
its because ice spells are less powerful than fire so it makes up for the lack in attack

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
XxCandyClanCanxX wrote:
I was just thinking this when i was in the commons. It really isn't fair if you think about it. I dont understand why they give more health then the other schools! :x And the Fire School gives out the the least health! Is the Ice School more special? Or what?

~Love,
It's to balance things out (Storm get's least health btw). If Ice had low health, they'd be terrible at taking damage. If Fire had high health, it would be too easy for them to win, by both taking and recieving damage well.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
I've been saying that ever since I started playing. They even have more health than life!!! That agravates me!

Survivor
Nov 10, 2011
Well, Candy, first of all, Storm has the least health. I believe you can figure out which school has the most health by looking at their descriptions on here, or even just by thinking and reasoning through it. For example, the first words in Ice's description are, "Ice Magic is all about persistence". That makes sense, because if you think about glaciers, they last for a really long time, so it makes sense to give Ice the most health. Fire, on the other hand, if not big enough, can disappear pretty quickly. Plus, people are always wanting to try to shrink the fire, not to fan it's flames. Not to mention what the description of Pyromancers is. "Pyromancers are tempestuous, quick to anger, and consumed by whatever drives them at that moment." Ice and Fire are also opposites, so it makes sense to give it the least amount of health.

I could go on and on, but that's the basic idea. See if you can reason through the rest. Here's a list of school health from greatest to least.

Ice
Balance
Life
Death
Myth
Fire
Storm

Hope I helped and have fun!

- Daniel SoulWalker, Grandmaster Sorcerer, Level 57

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
I have wizards from all the schools. yes, I had to start a sencond account to do so. lol Just about all the schools have their own unique abilities. Some schools fizzle much more so than others. Fire has the awesome efreet; storm, well, their health is low, but more than makes up for it in their attacks. My ice wizard has great health, yes, but can't come close to the high attacks that fire and storm can deal out. So it all is a way of KI trying to equalize the playing field.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
113jac wrote:
I've been saying that ever since I started playing. They even have more health than life!!! That agravates me!

Relax. It all evens out. Ice can't heal (except with the pixie card). YOU can and should have no problem at all staying alive.

All schools are balanced in one way or another.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Oh yeah, it's all just so unfair!

I mean, why does Ice get the most resistance and health?
Why does Storm get so much power?
Why does Fire get all the DoT's and best PvP spells?
Why does Life get all the Healing spells?
Why does Myth get to remove shields?
Why does Death get Drain spells that heal them when they attack?
Why does Balance not have a shield?

There should only be 1 school and that 1 school should have everything in it, there should be no diversity or difference in anyone or any wizard, we should all be exact duplicates of eachother.

Yeah, that would be fair.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
113jac wrote:

Ice doesn't have healing spells, Life does

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Um, ice gets lots of health, because ice needs to be good at something. And besides ice is focused on survival and defense. Fire is focused on attack, so fire has good attacks, but low health. All schools have pros and cons. I guess you just think that some schools have to be better than all others schools in everything not just one thing.

I am a bit frustrated why you think think that

Hero
May 02, 2009
Ice is more of a defensive school. Their attacks are generally weak in terms of base attack power, but they make up for that with high health, accuracy and resistance.

Storm has the highest attack power, but the lowest accuracy and health.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2011
the reason why ice has the most hit points is because their damage is lower.remember what Greyrose said in the enrollment quest?thamaturgy is not for the impatient.implying that ice doesn't do as much damage, but KI balances it out with more hit points.so ice can do the same damage as storm! ice just takes a little longer to do that damage

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
ice is sort of like a tank, it can take a lot of damage. so to make up for the lack of powerful attack spells, ice gets high health, shields, etc. thats way in a duel sometimes an ice wizard uses taunt or just tries to get the enemy's attention so he could take the damage for the team, such as the lower-health storm wizards

Survivor
Jan 11, 2012
113jac wrote:
Well take in consideration that life wizards can heal themselves so in trouble they can use a satyr to get alot of health back. Ice should get a bit more respect cause they have the hardest ways of strategizing because with low attacks they will take some time killing bosses because of that.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
XxCandyClanCanxX wrote:

~Love,

Hey, Emily~ every school has its good and bad points. Here are the accuracy, damage, and resist figures, in order (from high to low, for the sake of simplicity):

Health/Resist:

Ice
Life
Balance
Death
Myth
Fire
Storm

Accuracy (base):

Life (90%)
Death/Balance (85%)
Myth/Ice (80%)
Fire (75%)
Storm (70%)

Damage:

Storm
Fire
Life
Death
Balance
Myth Ice

Perhaps this chart can shine some more light on the subject:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Basic:Level_Chart

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
The way I see it Ice Wizards are meant to be somewhat like tanks, They just take a ton of hits over and over again and just stand back up and say "Come on, do it again."

Storm Wizards are the ones with the low health but hit harder, they are meant to take out opponents quickly and efficiently, but if they get hit hard, they're gonna be in trouble.

Life Wizards are meant to take hits but revive themselves since they have such an abundance of life spells to use, After all, in the test to see what kind of wizard you are, they mention that Life Wizards aren't typically the ones who want all the glory, they generally want to be part of a winning team. After all, if you have no healing spells, you're asking to get hurt.

(I hope this sounded fair and spread some light on this situation.)

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
magicalman32 wrote:
The way I see it Ice Wizards are meant to be somewhat like tanks, They just take a ton of hits over and over again and just stand back up and say "Come on, do it again."

I'm laughing like crazy ..... because it's true.

Whether it's in solo combat or within a group, I do say something like "Come on, do it again".

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
mireburner wrote:
the reason why ice has the most hit points is because their damage is lower.remember what Greyrose said in the enrollment quest?thamaturgy is not for the impatient.implying that ice doesn't do as much damage, but KI balances it out with more hit points.so ice can do the same damage as storm! ice just takes a little longer to do that damage

Exactly!