Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why does everyone wear guardian angel outfit?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2014
why does everyone wear the two angel outfits i saw everyone in commons yeterday wearing it and when will it get old because it's annoying now days.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
Candy Empress on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
why does everyone wear the two angel outfits i saw everyone in commons yeterday wearing it and when will it get old because it's annoying now days.
why dose it bug you i mean most people like the style some people don't like the style but it not like you have to look at it i mean it really easy to do go to a new realm i sure you will fined someone wearing something new because i see it everyday someone wearing something new

1 people just like there look

2 not many people care for Chang

3 they like to have there own style and sent they think it look good they buy it and make it there own style

4 no it won't get old to some people i mean look at some of the really old stuff on the game some people steel have mounts on from when they first started redeem codes or what ever

level 100 wizard

Survivor
Feb 16, 2014
It's not gonna end. A lot of people like those outfits.

Molly ShadowHunter, Exalted

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
I suppose it makes the characters look a little older and some people might like that. Others might just like the style. I have one so that me and a certain friend of mine can pretend to be 'twins.' Or just joke around in the Commons wearing matching outfits.

I do agree that it is a bit overused, but it's what some people like to wear, so I figure it's not really something I should get too worked up over.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
I say "To each their own" Does not bother me in the least. It's not my style at all and would never wear it, but what the heck, I'm glad we are not all the same and we at least have a choice what to wear as we go along the spiral. Scarlet ShadowStone Level 78 Scarlet SwiftRiver Level 21

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
Because they're awesome I myself have the Guardian and Archangel Attire mostly because of the robe. Currently my Firestarter's Robe is stitched to my Guardians Robe and my Unseen Lords Cinder Plate is stitched to my Archangel Vestment. Everyone wears it because they look cool and because of the cool looking wings on the back on them. I myself am trying for the Commander's Robe so I can have 3 robes with wings but that is going to take a long long time...
Megan Frostflame Level 100 Child of Light and Shadow

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
I wear it because it makes me feel like I fit in with the crowd and ever since I started I thought it looked really cool.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2013
It's no big deal i mean no offence but i'm not sure this is worth a post on the message boards.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
"Everyone" doesn't. Like any fashion, different people have different taste. Some want to blend in, some want to stand out, and some don't really know what they want so they copy someone else.

To each his or her own. I'd say dress how you like and don't worry about what others do.

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
I have no idea why a lot of people wear that outfit. Maybe it's like, one of those things where, you see one person wear it, then it spreads because it's really popular. You're not the only one who thinks it's annoying.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Some pvp teams wear the winged outfits in matching colors. My storm sister and my storm girl wear the Archangel's outfit as our team uniform :)

Iridian

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
I see most people using it as a traveling outfit. They don't stitch their stats to it, they just change their clothes right before battles.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Candy Empress on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
I am a rebel, I don't own one of those outfits or use a big cat mount. Totally not in the "in" crowd. I consider myself a fighter in the game not out to make any fashion statements. The cat makes me sea sick. It doesn't bother me that many like to look the same though.

It maybe a matter of acceptance, slap on that out fit and instant acceptance. I remember having fun on my first storm when I stitched a low level outfit while questing in CL. Oddly no one asked me to help or joined my fights, I played solo and this actually helped me. Only the ones that bothered to check my stats where aware that I was really the right level for there. I do tend to like gear that looks school specific though.

Mary

Explorer
May 21, 2011
My friend loves to wear her own outfit which barely gives any stats (like two fire resist, archangel outfit, one ice damage) because she thinks it looks nice. She switches into Smith gear before a fight because she would get defeated otherwise. It isn't annoying if you do it that way. However, if that's all you wear, even in battles, it can get on my nerves, though I never say it. I just think in my head, "Why are your stats so awful? How have you lasted this long in the game?"