Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why do we have it?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
I've seen a lot of posts about fizzling rates. But WHY do we fizzle at all?
Ive been wondering about this for a while, if someone could tell me, that would be great.

William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
If we never fizzled the game would be boring IMO. I love (and hate) the nail biting, suspense filled do or die cast. The thrill of if I don't fizzle I will defeat him. For me the fizzles add surprise and suspense to the game.

Megan

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
there is a premise that magic requires concentration and, well if you are being attacked.... Pain, and the threat of pain, is distracting.

Technically fizzle is probably for the sake of balancing the game. The schools that hit hardest fizzle more often. I guess they could not think of a better penalty to scale according to school damage output.

Heh heh, I just learned the star school accuracy aura so all of my death school spells, and treasure cards have 100% accuracy. The pets with shot talents help a lot. On the other hand necromancers can't equal the damage output of the elemental schools. Our damage output is penalized because many of our spells drain health, and aren't allowed to be boosted by sun school cards. You can mention skeletal drake but that is dot so it still isn't an instant kill when it connects.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Nicitas wrote:
I've seen a lot of posts about fizzling rates. But WHY do we fizzle at all?
Ive been wondering about this for a while, if someone could tell me, that would be great.

William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

Because just as in real life, not everything happens the way we intend them to. Accuracy is one of several stats that requires better gear to overcome. It is an obstacle a wizard must overcome to be successful (i.e. your question can also be, why do we even have resists, criticals, etc?). All challenges that don't leave the game straightforward. Plus, in PvP, the fizzles can sometimes be the deciding factor in who wins.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Nicitas wrote:
I've seen a lot of posts about fizzling rates. But WHY do we fizzle at all? Ive been wondering about this for a while, if someone could tell me, that would be great. William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
it's to balance out the different damage amounts that each school does. for instance, storm does the most base damage with its spells, so it fizzles the most. life spells do the least amount of base damage, so it fizzles the least. if there was no fizzle rate, some schools would be too powerful over other schools. -elijah darkthorn, legendary conjurer

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I think it's to challenge us more in the game. If I fizz when I have low health, I hope that that the mob either fizzes, puts out a blade or trap so I can get one last shot in.

Survivor
Mar 06, 2011
As much as we hate to fizzle, don't we just love to see the bad guy fizzle!!!!! Makes the game more interesting and suspenseful!

Defender
Dec 08, 2010
sadly, or not so sadly, i never fizzle with myth, because my gear gives 23 acuracy. but i used to fizzle and i miss the great suspence.

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
heres my picture

fizzle=a thriller your in your own thriller

nonfizzle=were playing with barney the dinosaur and were 16